Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lounge Room Lizard

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

173 posts in this topic

We have a scrolling message saying there are technical issues at the ground - the TV equivalent of leaves on the line - not good.

We will show the game in full once the uplink issue has been resolved. Hopefully coverage will begin in the next few minutes.

Well their complete and utter failure to deal with my non-working online subscription (reported Monday AM with full details) does not mean I am missing out this evening.

They're not very good.

This was always likely to happen. Their coverage is good and the guys behind it seem to be working hard to build up their operation, but they're still essentially a two-bob outfit. We're not missing owt by the looks of it though.

This was always likely to happen. Their coverage is good and the guys behind it seem to be working hard to build up their operation, but they're still essentially a two-bob outfit. We're not missing owt by the looks of it though.

I'm quite enjoying it tbh.

Where the ###### is the match? This is pathetic.

Chill out... :smoke:

it came on a bit late ..so what ?

You still got the full match after a short delay  + something to watch while you waited.

I am well impressed by Premier so far.

I'm quite enjoying it tbh.

Ha, I meant that we got to see the full game. It was very good despite the wind and rain.

I thought IR was quite good. First time I've heard him after seeing a few on here say he's not very good. Jon Wilkin didn't half like to ramble on though!

I've enjoyed the PS coverage so far (I really fancied a pork roll in the Rodney) but as you say John Wilkin says too much and ends up droning on and on. He needs to learn from BN and say less and be more enthusiastic when he says something. He still talks like he's a post game analyser.

Ha, I meant that we got to see the full game. It was very good despite the wind and rain.

:biggrin: i genuinely thought you were slating the game, which was most strange!

...(I really fancied a pork roll in the Rodney)...

This reads just wrong.

This reads just wrong.

:)

It pains me to say it.......... but I think you're right.

I would have used teacake but didn't want to get into the teacake, bap, barm cake, roll etc argument!

:)

It pains me to say it.......... but I think you're right.

I would have used teacake but didn't want to get into the teacake, bap, barm cake, roll etc argument!

Ahh, it still makes me giggle for some reason.

Where is the Chairman?!

I would love it if Premier roped in Brian Blessed as a co-commentator, just imagine that, add noble and vossy and you've got a dream team right there.

I would love it if Premier roped in Brian Blessed as a co-commentator, just imagine that, add noble and vossy and you've got a dream team right there.

Brian Blessed could do for RL what Murray Walker did for Formula 1- less pants on fire, more beard on fire!- the only problem (even though he's a Yorkist) is that he'd make the Ra Ra's sit up and listen ;)

Got my subscription to the online player and quite frankly its a pile of ****.

Don't know whether its Firefox browser, but cannot seem to access the live NZ v France match - it keeps showing me coverage of USA v Cook Islands, and even that keeps buffering every 30 seconds or so.  Tried logging out and logging back into my account, hit the refresh button, but the same thing happens.

Can't watch via TV as am in the USA.

Colour me unimpressed....

They just seem to go to commercial breaks at random. ...not 'we'll be back after this break' or anything. ..very strange.

Useless missed all the secound half upto now

I'd consider that a bonus actually!  It's dire.

You'll get a refund if you complain.

They just seem to go to commercial breaks at random. ...not 'we'll be back after this break' or anything. ..very strange.

I don't think they know how to cope with so many ads!  They're perfectly ok during the Championship matches.  Maybe they have less control as it is IMG who are filming?  That's a wild guess though.  All I know is that they don't just break off for ads during the Championship coverage and they have their own choice of production crew for those matches.

Not fussed about the money really I just want to be able to watch all games with no problems it's not good enough