Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave T

I love the RLWC

65 posts in this topic

Jeez. Just got back to our hotel in Swansea. What a day! Loved it!

If this is RLWC we should have one every year!

Positive comments only please!

Good start but its only going to get better can u imagine the semi final double header now that will be a epic day that

I am loving it. Looking forward to the Ireland game on Monday and watching the games tomorrow.

Jeez. Just got back to our hotel in Swansea. What a day! Loved it!

If this is RLWC we should have one every year!

Positive comments only please!

Whilst I agree with you wholeheartedly about it being an amazing day today and the games being exciting, I wouldn't wish us to have it every year. The whole waiting around for a World Cup really adds to the excitement that I felt today!

Whilst I agree with you wholeheartedly about it being an amazing day today and the games being exciting, I wouldn't wish us to have it every year. The whole waiting around for a World Cup really adds to the excitement that I felt today!

sensibleness that way >>>>>>>>>>>

:biggrin:

Its been an amazing day.

Looking at my social media and there are so many people talking about it that I just wouldnt expect to have watched at any other time. And they loved it!

It would be amazing for England to win, but so long as International RL enhances its status then its good for me

Hopefully this now kickstarts international rugby and future tests and 5 nations games ect are placed on the big stage and really make it feel like an event just like today

The only trouble with RL is that the bad guys always win, aided and abetted by dodgy refs.

Just got back to our hotel in Bristol (thanks network rail for making up stand in the rain for a bus) and it was a brilliant day. Loved the opening ceremony and the games.

England as always did enough to give us hope. . . . .and then lost.

The second game was ultra high speed and so very close. Well done Italy.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

It is a wonderful tournament. We have crossed the rubicon on this, as we have shown:

- we can put on a show;

- we can get wall to wall positive press coverage (though not in the Vichy Times, naturally);

- we can get a very respectable line of sponsors;

- we can attract enough newbies and neutrals for the largest World Cup opening crowd, who will be suitably enthralled;

- we can put on a wonderful show for 6 week ends on prime time BBC, in front of massive crowds;

- our World Cup looks brilliant, and the logos and design are slick and work;

- our merchandise is similarly neat and beautiful (though clearly they need to stock more of it); and

- the rugby is, as ever, the least of our worries, as we have a fantastic sport played by amazing athletes. The perfect balance between elegance and violence.

We just need the Aussies to "get it" for 2017...

The commercial side of this looks great. Obviously dont know the financials but the amount of sponsorship branding around the place felt like it was a huge event.

I mentioned elsewhere but as well as the partners we also had ads for other companies like Burger King etc.

Showscpeople do want to be involved in TGG.

Also I dont have a hangover.

Oh yes, the Welsh are just lovely people. Strangers wishing us a good day as we were getting off the train in the morning, singing along with us on the train back. They are brilliant hosts.

It is a wonderful tournament. We have crossed the rubicon on this, as we have shown:

- we can put on a show;

- we can get wall to wall positive press coverage (though not in the Vichy Times, naturally);

- we can get a very respectable line of sponsors;

- we can attract enough newbies and neutrals for the largest World Cup opening crowd, who will be suitably enthralled;

- we can put on a wonderful show for 6 week ends on prime time BBC, in front of massive crowds;

- our World Cup looks brilliant, and the logos and design are slick and work;

- our merchandise is similarly neat and beautiful (though clearly they need to stock more of it); and

- the rugby is, as ever, the least of our worries, as we have a fantastic sport played by amazing athletes. The perfect balance between elegance and violence.

We just need the Aussies to "get it" for 2017...

superb post mate.

Great reading on this topic; glad to hear everyone had such a good day

The best way for Oz to get behind RLWC 2017 is for their team to lose in RLWC 2013 !

I rather get slaughtered by 80 points then any sense that the Aussies threw the game. Nothing would make me abandon the international game then that, one step down from wrestling IMO.

I rather get slaughtered by 80 points then any sense that the Aussies threw the game. Nothing would make me abandon the international game then that, one step down from wrestling IMO.

Exactly, defeats the whole object of competitive sport.

What are you on about?

Going to have to turn on the Swiss Tony style charm today if I am to watch both games today.

It's very much like making love to a beautiful woman. ...

A good day. Met people from Brisbane. Durham and Sheffield. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoyed it. Now for Wrexham.

A brilliant day, England competing with a high penalty count, poor ref and a 56% completion rate. that's actually a very positive statement.

We can win the world cup. Here comes wet weather football, our team is capable of playing that well, and oddly it gives Sinny time in the matches because it slows the play down. He played really well yesterday in three different positions and I for one apologise to him and to Chase, who had a great defensive display along with Cudjoe.

We have not played at this level for nearly 2 years, so all that preparation did actually work. Just need to keep the focus on penalties and completion IMHO.

God this sports good when we give it a chance isn't it?

Going to have to turn on the Swiss Tony style charm today if I am to watch both games today.

It's very much like making love to a beautiful woman. ...

Bit late mate.....I've been building this up with the missus for 2 weeks......tidying up, cleaning, putting a curtain pole up etc.

Yesterday was a great day.....England v Aus, then driven by said wife to the North West SIBA Beer Festival for a couple of hours, then she makes tea while I'm watching the recorded Wales v Italy. This afternoon I'm making a chilli as we speak and then that sets me in place for todays 2 games in a couple of hours. Hopefully, squeeze the chilli in between the games!

Under the thumb much? You guys need to get 'em told, jeez! Mind you, I did go out this morning in 5807538mph winds and bought some chocolate and a couple of pumpkins to carve to keep the girlfriend and the little one quiet this afternoon :D