Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave T

I love the RLWC

65 posts in this topic

Just arrived home after a fantastic couple of days. Very impressed with the opening ceremony, the organisation, the games and the city of Cardiff. Brilliant weekend all round. 

As this is a positive thread I won't mention the post game weather! :)

SAMOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonny Bill the best in the world? 

Helloooooooooooooooo  Sam Burgess.....have a field day

What a cracking weekend, all 4 games were great. The Samoa one looked like it was gonna be the worst but ended up being the best.

Just shows the importance to our sport of good scheduling and the group format the way we have it. Guarantees a mix of high quality games, close games and potential upsets.

If any of you have to do any 'persuading' to your other halves to watch the matches, just show them that NZ v Samoa match. They'll understand.

I know this is a positive thread but I have to lower the positivity.

I'm sorry but the games and atmosphere so far have been nothing less than fantastic and amazing, I know a lot of you think they were a lot better than that but I'm just being honest.

Sorry for being so negative,

So far I have not seen any of rhe sides that I was cheering for manage to register a win. Never mind I have enjoyed every minute. What a fantastic start to the tournament all the games have been a superb advert for the sport. It is also am inspired decision to choose match venues where a squad are based and where there are exusting links with the nati

....Existing links to the nation. PNG received good support in Hull and the Warrington fans were superb in cheering on Samoa. The second half the chant of Toa Samoa rolled repeatedly across the HJ Stadium.

A brilliant day, England competing with a high penalty count, poor ref and a 56% completion rate. that's actually a very positive statement.

We can win the world cup. Here comes wet weather football, our team is capable of playing that well, and oddly it gives Sinny time in the matches because it slows the play down. He played really well yesterday in three different positions and I for one apologise to him and to Chase, who had a great defensive display along with Cudjoe.

We have not played at this level for nearly 2 years, so all that preparation did actually work. Just need to keep the focus on penalties and completion IMHO.

God this sports good when we give it a chance isn't it?

It's waaaay more than good, it's awesome: absolutely the best brand of football in the world.  New Zealand and Samoa made that abundantly clear to anyone who saw that game.

Still on a massive high this morning. We werent planning on any quarter finals, we are now toying with the idea of sll four :biggrin:

Great couple of days. Looking forward to going to Rochdale later today. To think we've had two days and already we've got the opening ceremony, David Mead and SBW as moments that people will talk about for years to come.

So much is happening with the World Cup, it's actually difficult to keep up!

Loving every minute.

one thing to add, the 'event' feel has been excellent.

At Warrington last night the dancers plus choir plus anthems etc built it up nicely, and this viral dance they are doing at ht is working well, the number of kids doing a good job on the pitch was amazing.

I know this kind of thing aint everybodies cup of tea but the sense of community being involved is great as far as im concerned.

The announcer reall helped too (better than Cardiff) as he was talking about the fact we have waited years for it, and all the hard work is now over - he was right and it really added to the sense of occasio, the fans responded positively too.

Great couple of days. Looking forward to going to Rochdale later today. To think we've had two days and already we've got the opening ceremony, David Mead and SBW as moments that people will talk about for years to come.

So much is happening with the World Cup, it's actually difficult to keep up!

Loving every minute.

Agree with all that's been said, brilliant so far

The only downside is that the rest of the country won't have a clue what we are on about unless they stayed up and watched the BBC at 10 to12 last night for the highlights

This is poor. Cut out the chat and show a 30 min update twice a week at a proper time.

Sally Bolton and our chairman need to work their magic.

At Warrington last night the dancers plus choir plus anthems etc built it up nicely, and this viral dance they are doing at ht is working well, the number of kids doing a good job on the pitch was amazing.

I know this kind of thing aint everybodies cup of tea but the sense of community being involved is great as far as im concerned.

The announcer reall helped too (better than Cardiff) as he was talking about the fact we have waited years for it, and all the hard work is now over - he was right and it really added to the sense of occasio, the fans responded positively too.

Agreed. I thought the whole evening was very well presented - very professionally done.

Agree with all that's been said, brilliant so far

The only downside is that the rest of the country won't have a clue what we are on about unless they stayed up and watched the BBC at 10 to12 last night for the highlights

This is poor. Cut out the chat and show a 30 min update twice a week at a proper time.

Sally Bolton and our chairman need to work their magic.

this is the one really poor part of the media deal.

Scotland will not get their highlights shown on the BBC as there is no highlights show until the weekend.

There should have been one for the next three games on Weds.

YES YES im loving it too. What a great weekend of RL so far it just leaving me wanting more more more .Its a shame the games are not all live on BBC as I don't have premier sports . Went to craven park yesterday another good game and fair play to Richard Agar although you could say in the end the French were lucky with the missed penalty . But how well did the French defend and muscle up where as in the past French teams would have crumbled. They play a game similar to the Italians doing the basics right with two good half backs and a good kicker. The triple inter change midway through second half by Agar was the turning point as all the French big guns came on together. Back to the world cup like Dave  opening about world cup every year. I do think it could be done every two years on a slightly smaller scale and with qualifiers . 2015 in Australia , 2017 in France , 2019 in New Zealand 2021 in Wales ect .

YES YES im loving it too. What a great weekend of RL so far it just leaving me wanting more more more .Its a shame the games are not all live on BBC as I don't have premier sports . Went to craven park yesterday another good game and fair play to Richard Agar although you could say in the end the French were lucky with the missed penalty . But how well did the French defend and muscle up where as in the past French teams would have crumbled. They play a game similar to the Italians doing the basics right with two good half backs and a good kicker. The triple inter change midway through second half by Agar was the turning point as all the French big guns came on together. Back to the world cup like Dave  opening about world cup every year. I do think it could be done every two years on a slightly smaller scale and with qualifiers . 2015 in Australia , 2017 in France , 2019 in New Zealand 2021 in Wales ect .

Mate it's £10 for the month on Premier Player which is online viewing, no need for Sky.

I can watch it on my iPhone or laptop.

It's a bargain definitely get it!

That's the key for me making games feel like events something not to be missed and that's summut I want to see the rfl take on board and take into the super league and be ambitious with the internationals, magic weekend and I'd look at taking some of our big super league games to big stadiums

This World Cup has got off to a great start and is only going to get better I love this rugby World Cup

Spoke to someone, no names, but he was talking to Daniel Anderson before the game, and was told that Australia have been training flat out here and in Australia, and that they wanted to embarrass England with a big score, and put a marker down for the rest of the tournament, sorry it didn't happen Australia.
Also just as our coach was leaving the motorway service station, the Australian coach pulled up, it looked like a trip to Lourdes, they were glum very glum, till they noticed they had been recognised, then Slater and Thurston started to mess about like kids, several of their players found it hard to get off the coach, Bird was the worst, Inglis was another one who struggled to get off.

Mate it's £10 for the month on Premier Player which is online viewing, no need for Sky.

I can watch it on my iPhone or laptop.

It's a bargain definitely get it!

I would much rather spend my cash going to games than sat in front on tv am going to eleven world cup games for a total of £107.50 but better being there

Doghead, I would be annoyed if the Kangaroos were anything but glum about their performance. That's good news, if true.

Anyway, I am absolutely loving our World Cup. I've just had Thai delivered for dinner, and just put on Fiji/Ireland for the evening. This is an awesome feeling. I'm going to miss being able to watch so many games once the group stage is over.