Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave T

I love the RLWC

65 posts in this topic

Wish everyone would stop being so blooming positive. Gutted I can't be back for what seems the biggest RL comp ever. Reading all the excitement about the smaller games brings back great memories of the student/emerging nations world cups of 2000ish? Loved the Russia Wales game at odsal on a wet and foggy autumn night and seeing one of the russians sent off from the KO in an Adrian Morley esque rush of blood.

Thought this should be brought back up. Scotland v Tonga is exactly what the RLWC is about.

I said before it started that people should get along to these 'lesser' games, great to see so many are, and boy are they being rewarded.

well i just bought 4 more tickets on the back of last night

Have gone for the England game in Hull and the QF at the DW. I already have tickets for the final

If Fiji were to beat England I don't think seeing Fiji again would be too shabby!

On the match tonight. When did you ever think you'd see someone panicking because they might miss the last 10 minutes of a USA v Cook Islands match in Bristol because they need to catch the train..

With the great crowds on show so far and what will no doubt continue, and also the great games that we have seen, the organisers or whoever have defo missed a trick by the majority of the games being on premier sports and lack of substancial bbc tv coverage, no potential new fans would have subscribed to that channel, would have been great if the bbc had midweek highlights or highlights each night of the game instead of a weekly highlights programme close to midnight on a sunday. I hope Fiji and Ireland put up a great fight against England and these are not one sided affairs, thats where the big audience is and this will be their view of our great game and the tournament.

Anyways not to dampen it all but I think its an oppurtunity missed with the great rugby and crowds we have had to showcase this to as wider audience as possible

With the great crowds on show so far and what will no doubt continue, and also the great games that we have seen, the organisers or whoever have defo missed a trick by the majority of the games being on premier sports and lack of substancial bbc tv coverage, no potential new fans would have subscribed to that channel, would have been great if the bbc had midweek highlights or highlights each night of the game instead of a weekly highlights programme close to midnight on a sunday. I hope Fiji and Ireland put up a great fight against England and these are not one sided affairs, thats where the big audience is and this will be their view of our great game and the tournament.

Anyways not to dampen it all but I think its an oppurtunity missed with the great rugby and crowds we have had to showcase this to as wider audience as possible

This is a vital showcase - as long as it carries on being as superb as it has been so far, the next RWC will attract even more interest from broadcasters, including terrestrial stations. 

Most of them won't have had much awareness of the 2008 event on the other side of the world, but would have remembered 2000 and wondered whether this year's tournament was worth showing much of.

Doghead, I would be annoyed if the Kangaroos were anything but glum about their performance. That's good news, if true.

Anyway, I am absolutely loving our World Cup. I've just had Thai delivered for dinner, and just put on Fiji/Ireland for the evening. This is an awesome feeling. I'm going to miss being able to watch so many games once the group stage is over.

What did you order?

Loving it.  Actually looking forward more to the group c/d games in the next round rather than the a/b group games...except PNG v Samoa...and England obviously.  Who am I kidding; its all amazing.

No game tomorrow! What am I going to do?

Time to catch up on a few jobs round the house,I suppose. On the back of tonight's performance just put my hand in my pocket for USA v Scotland!

lol, jacksy, if you must know, I got some curry puffs, a beef panang curry and chicken in chilli and basil sauce.

If we can't sell out Wembley after the start to this competition then League fans can't whinge that the sport doesn't get the coverage it deserves.

West Cumbrians , West Country People and the Welsh have led the way as well as the Warringtonians on that great night at the HJ.Everybody should be ordering their tickets now to cheer on England against NZ(Probably!) and hark back to the great sell out Wembley internationals.

On terrestrial TV it will be the best advert the sport has had for a generation so get out of the armchair and get down there.Club Wembley seats for £36 a pop if you get 6 people to book is unbelievable value for money and no , i'm nothing to do with the RFL!!

Can't wait for the next match!

What's also nice about the World Cup on TRL at the moment is each match thread is surpassing at least a hundred replies, if not two hundred.

And it doesn't seem to be endless arguements either! Result.

Yep. This board is definitely the best place on the net for discussing the World Cup.