Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mister C

New members

35 posts in this topic

There seems to be lots of new members joining at the moment!

Any numbers LPL as its great to see!

Indeed, welcome aboard!

Just joined today! Based in windsor near London and encouraged that most people here know there is a world cup going on..

Just joined today! Based in windsor near London and encouraged that most people here know there is a world cup going on..

There's a world cup going on?

I just hope that these so-called new fans know all about 1895, broken time, The George, Dally M, the Rorke's Drift test, Vichy, 1973, the 5m rule, why crowd size is more important than the game, The Betrayal of Keighley, 3x8 and why Inverdale breaks the sweary filter.

Oh, and welcome ...

I just hope that these so-called new fans know all about 1895, broken time, The George, Dally M, the Rorke's Drift test, Vichy, 1973, the 5m rule, why crowd size is more important than the game, The Betrayal of Keighley, 3x8 and why Inverdale breaks the sweary filter.

Oh, and welcome ...

I am sure we will also be welcoming CANTEMAN'S new incarnation (welcome is the wrong word).

Great to see so many new members (a bit Finbar but hey ho).

Oh, and welcome ...

Not forgetting that stormy skies are important, and that the Harry Sunderland trophy should be renamed.

Oh, and welcome ...

Most of them do because they were here before.

Seriously though, a warm welcome to all of our new posters. I need to be careful with the hyperbole, but this is the sort of event that gives birth to a new generation of RL fans. I was always destined to be one, but the famous NZ-Tonga game at Wilderspool was the one that made me a RL fan for life. There'll have been a few thousand kids who had the same at the HJ last night.

I just hope the new rugby fans don't all sign up on here or on RLFans, because they'll soon be despairing at the 'traditional' supporters.

If we can collectively encourage a single prospective fan to follow TGG in earnest our work will be done. Think of it as a family - I may disagree with every wrong headed notion that comes from Just Browny's fingers but I'd defend him against Stephen Jones to the death! Or set a Samoan on him, which would do the job just as well.

New to the forum- but I was sneaking in to Wilderspool back in 1975- so not a johnny come lately but the RLWC has tipped me into signing up here.

On the subject of Inverdale I have through work got an order to be at Tw*&%ham on Saturday- I'll be cheering England on at the top of my voice- as I follow the news from Huddersfield on my mobile. I'm just hoping they'll stamp my passport to let me get back up the M6

New to the forum- but I was sneaking in to Wilderspool back in 1975- so not a johnny come lately but the RLWC has tipped me into signing up here.

On the subject of Inverdale I have through work got an order to be at Tw*&%ham on Saturday- I'll be cheering England on at the top of my voice- as I follow the news from Huddersfield on my mobile. I'm just hoping they'll stamp my passport to let me get back up the M6

Prostitute. I bet you let them kiss you on the mouth.

Long time lurker,inspired to register with the excitement of the event. First saw the 'Roos at Headingley in 1978 so have a reasonable RL pedigree. Glad to be on board.

Brand new to TGG after becoming a Union convert some time ago. Ex pat Scot in leafy Berkshire. Brought to the fold by the promise of the RLWC and the Challenge Cup final down here this year.

Please be gentle when I ask stupid questions...

Pointed out last week that this site was the place to be for World Cup Info.

Can someone put up a cheesy Facebook style photo about there being no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet? :D

Can someone put up a cheesy Facebook style photo about there being no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet? :D

u ok hun?

:D

Not forgetting that stormy skies are important, and that the Harry Sunderland trophy should be renamed.

Or that London have received 84 zillion quid off the RFL but Huyton were left to die :angry:

Brand new to TGG after becoming a Union convert some time ago. Ex pat Scot in leafy Berkshire. Brought to the fold by the promise of the RLWC and the Challenge Cup final down here this year.

Don't worry you will start to feel more at ease when you so some of comments posts and questions by some of US old ;) ies

It's hardly surprising as the registration details have been changed. Before you needed a "paid for" email account, I don't think you need that anymore, release the TROLLS

It's hardly surprising as the registration details have been changed. Before you needed a "paid for" email account, I don't think you need that anymore, release the TROLLS

It's been like that for a while. I registered with a free account

We quietly dropped that condition aaaages ago, as we now have other means at our disposal of dealing with trolls that are less likely to deter genuine new members from joining up on here.

Plus, we've been proactively advertising the existence of TotalRL.com in League Express and Rugby League World since the site was relaunched in mid-October, which will hopefully have helped raise awareness and attracted a few new members to come on board. The World Cup is also generating a ton of extra interest in the game and a LOT of extra traffic on here, which just goes to show the power and importance of international Rugby League.

To all our new members so far, welcome aboard. Tell your friends to join too, the more the merrier!

For the record, we're also pretty sanguine about people who have previously been banned on here from rejoining, so long as they make a concerted effort to abide by the rules when they come back. Quite a few have done just that. We like to give just about everyone a fair second chance, but we're also quite adept at spotting and despatching those who come back on here and just want to cause more trouble. ;)

We are missing quite a few from years ago who achieved legendary status among other things.Maybe some of the newbies can do the same

I lurked here for about a year before posting for the first time as I was new to the sport. When I did pluck up the courage to post for the first time I remember deluded pom or possibly lobby gobbler replying with "welcome to the forum", I felt like I had just been spoken to by a celebrity :)