Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walter

Warrington Wolves flying high with new Emirates sponsorship

34 posts in this topic

Warrington Wolves will be hoping to continue flyng high for the immediate future with a four year sponsorship deal with Emirates airlines; absolutely brilliant deal for the club and for rugby league

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/warrington-wolves-announces-emirates-sponsorship-6648

great name to have associated with the game. Good work Warrington. The blue kit, combined with White shorts would be a classic RL kit!

Wow - this has been in the pipeline for over 12 months. Last year Broomhead said they were close to finalising a deal with a global partner. This was apparently delayed and we ended up with a local partner (Brooksons as a temporary sponsor).

The blue kit is beautiful!

Great sponsor, fantastic kits as well. Anyone know how much this deal is worth though - that's ultimately the most important factor!

This is fantastic news for Warrington and for the game in general.  Really positive sign of faith in the game that a global giant like Emirates want to get involved.

And the blue kit is brilliant.  Hope they make it in a loose fit...;)

Shame we couldn't get the on board for the SL or even the WC itself

Brilliant news. Exactly the sort of sponsor we need in the game, hearty congratulations to Gatcliffe et al; let's hope this opens the door to other big name sponsors coming into the game.

Then there's the kits, both look like proper Wire kits. My only complaint is that I can't decide which one to get.

Brilliant news. Exactly the sort of sponsor we need in the game, hearty congratulations to Gatcliffe et al; let's hope this opens the door to other big name sponsors coming into the game.

Then there's the kits, both look like proper Wire kits. My only complaint is that I can't decide which one to get.

I reckon there will be competitions in League Express to win one, enter that thousands of times...

(Just bung them all in one envelope!)

As for the kits, they're ok IMO. I think I was expecting more, so the simplification underwhelmed me a little. The away one looks very retro (I'm sure someone will tell me which year it pays homage to) but I always think the yellow looks a little washed out next to the white, as it did on the 2012 home shirt. The home shirt looks very "Australian" in style. And I don't just mean change the blue to green and it's similar to the national side.

Leigh had the Emirates as sponsors a few years ago, unfortunately it didn't last to long. If I recall on of the top executives - UK or otherwise - hails from Leigh. 

The blue shirt looks rather "Swinton Lions' to me!

Swinton wouldn't be so gauche as to go off-white for their V.

Rugby league has become immune to taste. 

The last half-decent Warrington shirts were the Canterbury home and away in 2007. 

As for the kits, they're ok IMO. I think I was expecting more, so the simplification underwhelmed me a little. The away one looks very retro (I'm sure someone will tell me which year it pays homage to) but I always think the yellow looks a little washed out next to the white, as it did on the 2012 home shirt. The home shirt looks very "Australian" in style. And I don't just mean change the blue to green and it's similar to the national side.

The white (away) kit is the same as the late 80s home kit. 1986/87 among other years as memory serves.  Also the 'yellow' may look 'washed out' as it is in fact primrose.  As in 'primrose and blue'.  :)

Well done Wolves. Any tips on how to do it ,for others looking for sponsers

Tell the sponsor "it's our year".

That probably explains the change in sponsor for the last 3 or 4 seasons. :ph34r:

The white (away) kit is the same as the late 80s home kit. 1986/87 among other years as memory serves.  Also the 'yellow' may look 'washed out' as it is in fact primrose.  As in 'primrose and blue'.  :)

Yes I know it's primrose, which is still yellow. So is amber.

Didn't the centurions have a deal with emirates during'that' season?

Didn't the centurions have a deal with emirates during'that' season?

They did.

Given that there's going to be P&R this means the omens are not good for Wire.

Yes I know it's primrose, which is still yellow. So is amber.

There is only one Blue and Amber