Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

03/11/13: World Cup Match 12 - Scotland v Italy

Who will win?   27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Scotland by 13 points or more
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Italy by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 7 to 12 points
    • Italy by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

149 posts in this topic

Thanks Dave, will be there sunday to watch the game.

Great news about the ticket sales. a bit dissapointed we didn't get one game on home soil like France, Wales and Ireland, but a big thank you goes  to Workington and the towns people for their brilliant support.

That stand is a terrace DaveT and today the club have announced that there will be no walk up tickets available so it looks like a larger crowd than on Tuesday. All the seats were sold a few weeks ago.

http://www.townrlfc.com/article.php?id=12383

yeah, I'm stood in that end. Was worried a few weeks back as they had only sold around 40 tickets for that end, I messed up when I ordered!

Thanks Dave, will be there sunday to watch the game.

Great news about the ticket sales. a bit dissapointed we didn't get one game on home soil like France, Wales and Ireland, but a big thank you goes  to Workington and the towns people for their brilliant support.

I'm heading down to Workington on Sunday, but will probably be in there next Thursday for the USA game. The barmaid is an Aussie who is really into her RL so that helps!

I'm heading down to Workington on Sunday, but will probably be in there next Thursday for the USA game. The barmaid is an Aussie who is really into her RL so that helps!

We wanted to go to this game but there was no train service that I could see on a Sunday to Workington.

We wanted to go to this game but there was no train service that I could see on a Sunday to Workington.

nah, it's a right pain - had to hire a car, even driving it is 3 hours each way!

trains dont run in cumbria on a sunday! Stupid eh

Network Rail decided to do some maintenance work on the Carlisle - Barrow line on Sunday and cancelled all the trains.

Radio Cumbria tonight reported less thsn 1000 tickets available, so it looks like at least 8,700, and as Keith has posted the club expect the game to sell out

Radio Cumbria tonight reported less thsn 1000 tickets available, so it looks like at least 8,700, and as Keith has posted the club expect the game to sell out

Amazing effort but thought the last game was a sell out and got 7.5k ?

Really looking forward to covering this game later today.

The four plus hour journey on Tuesday/Wednesday was certainly worth it.

What a ripper of a game.

Amazing effort but thought the last game was a sell out and got 7.5k ?

It wasnt a sell out.

Hard to call, this one. Italy looked very good at times against Wales but they also looked vulnerable. A lot will depend on how Scotland have recovered but if they put in a performance like the one against Tonga then they've a chance.

Hard to call, this one. Italy looked very good at times against Wales but they also looked vulnerable. A lot will depend on how Scotland have recovered but if they put in a performance like the one against Tonga then they've a chance.

Exactly my thoughts, it all depends on Scotland's aches and pains and just how well the recovery has gone. Before last Tuesday I though the Scots would lose both, not now though. The performance against Tonga was outstanding, even with brought now kicking that well.

scotland to just nick it,am sure this will be another cracking game, i cant get enough and am sure anyone whos not taken much notice of rl before and maybe gets a glance in some pub must get hooked with the class/skills on show.

I'm wanting Scotland to win but i'm expecting the Italians to come out on top,i thought they were very good and well organised in Cardiff

It wasnt a sell out.

Ok I know the tickiting website had it as a sell out but was obvious it wasn't but either great crowd it was and going to be even better today

This coverage from Premier Sports is awful, I've only just got the game and also can they not just wipe the rain away from the camera?

Not sure how the video ref could see that ball touching the line.