Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Is it just me....

25 posts in this topic

Or is anybody else at that point when they literally cannot get enough of this World Cup.

I was looking forward to it but, Christ, this has exceeded all my expectations so far - I really hope and pray it carries on in this vein and the world's press and public take note.

chuffing proud of our great game right now

Really happy to say no, its not just you  :D

is it just us though?

Its been absolutely fantastic so far, all games are producing a lot of great talking points for the right reasons. Can't wait for tomorrow nights game.

USA and Cooke Islands have a lot to live up to tomorrow.

Me too me too ! It's been brill, just wish there was more on the beeb, why no highlights ? Mrs told me off for not talking to her as I walked round he house listening to the radio of the tonga / Scotland game - those oys should be soo proud, what a game, ultra hard - but fair. Can't wait for the next game and then the next !

Proves the value of international RL. Need a paid pro int. board with a rolling four year programme. However, successful events like this will move things on no end.

Final point, this format is just brill brill brill.

Proud to be a Trieziest !

6 games in and every match has been great. Hope the rest of the World Cup, especially the games on the Beeb, is the same.

No other sport delivers on such a regular basis like Rugby League!

Thank goodness I am a Virgin customer and will not miss a game (unavoidable self concieted grin) eusa_whistle.gif

Count me in...absolutely loving it and proud of our sport

It's been absolutely brilliant and shows exactly why we need a strong and vibrant international game.

remember all those on this site telling us it would fail

:haha:

Loving it - wish I was there. Even from the other side of the world it's abundantly clear that something special is happening.

If the people that run our game, here and down under, cannot now realise that International rugby is the way forward then nothing will. Imagine how great it would be to see all the so called 'Tier 2' nations playing each other on a regular basis?!.. and with similar quality in the squads. Would do wonders.

It's taken over my life. Happily I am managing to get some proper work done, though I have to admit it's been tricky. Today I just want to wander round the centre of Bristol shouting at random strangers that there's a match on tonight and they shouldn't miss it! Thankfully I have lots of work to do to stop this deranged spectacle from happening… phew!

For a newbie to the game I'm currently daydreaming about if I can in fact leave work early, park up, get a ticket on the gate. Tonight. In Bristol. For USA versus the Cook Islands...

Yeah, it's very good indeed!

I'm starting to feel like a little kid at Easter who's eaten too much chocolate at one sitting. Except there are still dozens of eggs to go through.

I can't wait to make my first game on Saturday, feels like I've been waiting a lifetime while everyone else has all the fun.

I'm starting to feel like a little kid at Easter who's eaten too much chocolate at one sitting. Except there are still dozens of eggs to go through.

I can't wait to make my first game on Saturday, feels like I've been waiting a lifetime while everyone else has all the fun.

Beautifully put! B) 

my fiancee has enjoyed RL since I introduced her to the sport, but she has now become a little obsessed. She ranks the NZ v Samoa as her favourite sporting experience of her life.

She was also delighted about last night's match and result and is spending more time tweeting, retweeting and reading about it than me!

Yep - loving it, it's all coming along much better than I anticipated....although my attendance is going to be limited I'm trying to work out which is the best game for me to get to......reckon the Wembley double header semi-final day maybe the best option

Sorry to interrupt, but I am looking for the TRL forums. Everything looks familiar but with this positivity I am sure I have come to the wrong place...?

If somebody could point me in the right direction I will be on my way.....

my fiancee has enjoyed RL since I introduced her to the sport, but she has now become a little obsessed. She ranks the NZ v Samoa as her favourite sporting experience of her life.

She was also delighted about last night's match and result and is spending more time tweeting, retweeting and reading about it than me!

You do realise its now going to cost you twice as much to get in

Sorry to interrupt, but I am looking for the TRL forums. Everything looks familiar but with this positivity I am sure I have come to the wrong place...?

If somebody could point me in the right direction I will be on my way.....

I like it. This World Cup is superb. I was at Cardiff last Saturday and will be heading to Wrexham next. For years I have suffered ridicule from Rugby Union fans.  Now the pendulum is swinging the other way.

Like everyone else on here I've loved it.  Loved every minute of it. Went to Cardiff for the opening and got the opportunity (quite by accident) to chat to Nobby & Stevo! Got tickets for Aus v Fiji, England v ireland, Wales v USA and the final.... and hoping to get in a couple more games as well. I was fortunate enough to get to some of the Olympics / Paralympics last year and this is definitely on a par with that in the excitement stakes.

Only downside is I can't get to Wembley for the semis as I have a 16th birthday party to arrange / supervise / stop turning into world war 3!!

Thank goodness I am a Virgin customer and will not miss a game (unavoidable self concieted grin) [/size]eusa_whistle.gif

Any sky sports customer who wouldn't pay to have premier for this month for £10 needs their head testing!

Well said JB. I've loved it for a lifetime and that won't change. Suffolk is not a hot bed for RL but I'm hearing people talk about the tournament in a really positive way.

As others are stating, for our game to fulfill it's massive potential the international theatre has to lead the way. What's been on show so far will go a long way to making that happen.

The prospect of Eng v NZ is a massive game - I am herding the Suffolk faithful and the ex pat Northeners as we speak - let's get it on.....!!!