Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

808tone

Anyone seen anything Paranormal

48 posts in this topic

With Halloween nearly upon us all I was wondering if any posters have had some encounter's of another kind.

When it comes to inexplicable weirdness, are we excluding the positive RL stories in the media and cheerful fans that we've been seeing over the last couple of weeks? ;) 

I once went an entire month commuting to London without a single delay, every train both ways left on time and arrived on time.  There was something really spooky about that.

Funnily enough I watched an old Hammer House of Horror last night. It was hilarious.

I posted this story a few years ago, but here it is again -  a friend of mine was made redundant and got a job as a security officer at Hatfield House in Hertfordshire. 

212-Hatfield-House-official.jpg

He worked the afternoon shift and one part of his job was that every so often he had to walk round a prescribed route around the house and grounds and 'clock in' to the time clocks.  He got to know most of the staff that works there and as he walked through the gardens, he would sometime see one of the old gardeners pottering about in the flower beds.  My mate would nod, the gardener would smile back.  One day one of the archivists/librarians asked my mate to give her a hand to  carry some old boxes of photos from an attic room to her office.  She was going through them to put on a kind of  'upstairs - downstairs' display.  As my mate looked through the photos he saw a group shot of gardeners, one of which was the old boy he nodded to.  He pointed to him and said 'He hasn't changed much'.  The librarian told him he must be mistaken as the photo was taken in the 1920's, and all the old gardeners on it would be dead by now.

He hasn't seen the old boy in the garden since.  Now my friend is not someone who believes in ghost, he still doesn't, but he swears blind what he saw, and says there must be an explanation - he just can't think what it is. 

DP111278hi-res.jpg

Never actually seen them but I have on occasion gone and done a ghost poo

Ha ha.  So no use of the fireman's blanket then?

Ha ha.  So no use of the fireman's blanket then?

Absoluetly not, and a wasted sheet of toilet roll, which by rights in the interest of been green I should've tucked back into the loo roll to be reused.

If anyone has I suggest they talk to James Randi.

He has been prepared to give a $1,000,000 prize to anyone who can prove it.

The offer has been on the table for nearly 50 years.

It'll still be on the table in 50 years time.

Nevermind James Randi, how about Most Haunted as proof these things don't exist. Thats been on for a million years and I don't think they have ever caught anything but specs of dust on camera, ever.

If anyone has I suggest they talk to James Randi.

He has been prepared to give a $1,000,000 prize to anyone who can prove it.

The offer has been on the table for nearly 50 years.

It'll still be on the table in 50 years time.

The offer has only been made the last 10 years, and it is not for people who 'see' or experience anything paranormal, its for people who make a living claiming to be psychics, spoon benders, and the like (which most people agree are tricksters and charlatans - bit like that show Most Haunted).

A few years ago now, friend of mine had missed the last bus and was walking home from his girl friends village into town.  As he's walking along the country road he sees another man in front, walking in the same direction.  He speeds up his pace to catch up with the other walker and when he's a few paces away calls out "Hang on mate, I'll walk along with you".  The other man then just slowly de-materialises into a mist in front of him.  To say he was scared was an under statement.  He ran the last couple of miles to his home and terrified his mam and dad with his condition when he arrived.   It must be some strange ' I'm a real man me, not believing in ghosts' thing because like the story above, my mate says he doesn't believe in ghosts but has no explanation to what he saw that night  all those years ago that terrified him. 

The other man then just slowly de-materialises into a mist in front of him.

I think we all saw the England defence do that in 2008.

The offer has only been made the last 10 years, and it is not for people who 'see' or experience anything paranormal, its for people who make a living claiming to be psychics, spoon benders, and the like (which most people agree are tricksters and charlatans - bit like that show Most Haunted).

A few years ago now, friend of mine had missed the last bus and was walking home from his girl friends village into town.  As he's walking along the country road he sees another man in front, walking in the same direction.  He speeds up his pace to catch up with the other walker and when he's a few paces away calls out "Hang on mate, I'll walk along with you".  The other man then just slowly de-materialises into a mist in front of him.  To say he was scared was an under statement.  He ran the last couple of miles to his home and terrified his mam and dad with his condition when he arrived.   It must be some strange ' I'm a real man me, not believing in ghosts' thing because like the story above, my mate says he doesn't believe in ghosts but has no explanation to what he saw that night  all those years ago that terrified him. 

Well I don't know about anyone else, but that's me convinced.

If Scooby Doo was real life, the number 1 crime in America would be dressing up as a ghost.

Not so much paranormal as cryptozoological, about 2 years ago I was driving down Tan House Lane in Halifax (its the one that runs round the back of shibden Hall) it was about 9:30 pm and dark, as I passsed the last of the speed bumps and started to accelerate into the 40mph stretch of road, something large and dark ran across the road about 15 metres in front of me. I'm convinced it was a big cat, it was black and about the size of a large labador or medium sized rottie. It was not a dog, its gait was definitely feline.

apparently other people in the shibden valley  area claim to have seen a large black feline.

Paranormal? No.

Disappointment? Yes.

Invited my ma -in-law for dinner on October 31st  but she declined. She said she'd be out doing the evening shift,.

I have done that thing a few times where you think of someone who you haven't seen for ages and then you see them soon after.

The correct answer is "No, nobody has ever seen anything paranormal".

I really don't like you…your a troll.

Actually I have an open mind about the paranormal, sure, people can scare themselves with shadows and what have you, but there are several well documented poltergeist reports for example.

I posted this story a few years ago, but here it is again -  a friend of mine was made redundant and got a job as a security officer at Hatfield House in Hertfordshire. 

He worked the afternoon shift and one part of his job was that every so often he had to walk round a prescribed route around the house and grounds and 'clock in' to the time clocks.  He got to know most of the staff that works there and as he walked through the gardens, he would sometime see one of the old gardeners pottering about in the flower beds.  My mate would nod, the gardener would smile back.  One day one of the archivists/librarians asked my mate to give her a hand to  carry some old boxes of photos from an attic room to her office.  She was going through them to put on a kind of  'upstairs - downstairs' display.  As my mate looked through the photos he saw a group shot of gardeners, one of which was the old boy he nodded to.  He pointed to him and said 'He hasn't changed much'.  The librarian told him he must be mistaken as the photo was taken in the 1920's, and all the old gardeners on it would be dead by now.

He hasn't seen the old boy in the garden since.  Now my friend is not someone who believes in ghost, he still doesn't, but he swears blind what he saw, and says there must be an explanation - he just can't think what it is. 

To be honest Herts is well know for a long tradition of inbreeding so if your friend had claimed to see a three headed gardener it wouldn't have surprised many, simply seeing somebody who looked like his grandfather/uncle/Cousin etc is not really that shocking....

As 12-13 year olds about 10 of us went through the disused Howley Rail tunnel, about 1/4 from the open arched end we saw some figures, there were about 10 of us so we carried on, as we got to about 100 mt away we could see 3 firures silhouetted in the backit entrance, we walked closer, as we got to 5o mts a few lads held back saying something wasn't right, 40 mts away we could clearly see they were veiled figures but still in silhouette due to the back light, a couple more lads backed off, we carried on, we were shittig ourselves, we got to about 30 mts away and our eyes had adjusted to the backlight and we all clearly saw 3 Nuns stood in the entrance of the tunnel with arms out stretched as if beckoning us to come closer, we actually screamed and ran for our lives back through the tunnel which was about 1 mile long and pitch black except for an air shaft halfway through, each and everyone of us came out battered and bruised due to falling, dragging each other back, some of us even knocked others to the floor as a means of self preservation just in case we were being followed back through the tunnel, thats about 40 years ago but i remember it as clear as if it were yesterday, occasionally i bump into a couple of the other kids but we tend not to mention it.

To be honest Herts is well know for a long tradition of inbreeding so if your friend had claimed to see a three headed gardener it wouldn't have surprised many, simply seeing somebody who looked like his grandfather/uncle/Cousin etc is not really that shocking....

As my friend is originally from Leeds I suppose you could be right about the inbreeding.  The thing is my  mate is not your average 'paranormal spotter', late 50's, ex squaddie, very down to earth, so for him to come out and tell a few of his friends what he saw and put himself on offer (and did we take the mickey - course not !!!) took a lot of doing.

I've got a genuine unicorn horn for sale if anyone's interested.

(I'll take 5 magic beans for it)

I used to see this strange sort of slow moving smoke at the bottom of my bed and would have to turn the light on as it freaked me out.Then one night my mate had to stay the night as his Vespa had broken down (we were in a Scooter club), so I but a mattress down for him in my room and in the morning he said that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was smoke hovering over him.