Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

808tone

Anyone seen anything Paranormal

48 posts in this topic

I used to see this strange sort of slow moving smoke at the bottom of my bed and would have to turn the light on as it freaked me out.Then one night my mate had to stay the night as his Vespa had broken down (we were in a Scooter club), so I but a mattress down for him in my room and in the morning he said that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was smoke hovering over him.

Drugs are bad, m'kay.

Not so much paranormal as cryptozoological, about 2 years ago I was driving down Tan House Lane in Halifax (its the one that runs round the back of shibden Hall) it was about 9:30 pm and dark, as I passsed the last of the speed bumps and started to accelerate into the 40mph stretch of road, something large and dark ran across the road about 15 metres in front of me. I'm convinced it was a big cat, it was black and about the size of a large labador or medium sized rottie. It was not a dog, its gait was definitely feline.

apparently other people in the shibden valley  area claim to have seen a large black feline.

A very camp rottweiler perhaps, called Duncan.

As 12-13 year olds about 10 of us went through the disused Howley Rail tunnel, about 1/4 from the open arched end we saw some figures, there were about 10 of us so we carried on, as we got to about 100 mt away we could see 3 firures silhouetted in the backit entrance, we walked closer, as we got to 5o mts a few lads held back saying something wasn't right, 40 mts away we could clearly see they were veiled figures but still in silhouette due to the back light, a couple more lads backed off, we carried on, we were shittig ourselves, we got to about 30 mts away and our eyes had adjusted to the backlight and we all clearly saw 3 Nuns stood in the entrance of the tunnel with arms out stretched as if beckoning us to come closer, we actually screamed and ran for our lives back through the tunnel which was about 1 mile long and pitch black except for an air shaft halfway through, each and everyone of us came out battered and bruised due to falling, dragging each other back, some of us even knocked others to the floor as a means of self preservation just in case we were being followed back through the tunnel, thats about 40 years ago but i remember it as clear as if it were yesterday, occasionally i bump into a couple of the other kids but we tend not to mention it.

There is quite possibly 3 blokes in their 60's who when they meet recall the tale when "we ship them kids up down Howley Rail tunnel on our way back from that rugby club fancy dress party, how we laughed"

As 12-13 year olds about 10 of us went through the disused Howley Rail tunnel, about 1/4 from the open arched end we saw some figures, there were about 10 of us so we carried on, as we got to about 100 mt away we could see 3 firures silhouetted in the backit entrance, we walked closer, as we got to 5o mts a few lads held back saying something wasn't right, 40 mts away we could clearly see they were veiled figures but still in silhouette due to the back light, a couple more lads backed off, we carried on, we were shittig ourselves, we got to about 30 mts away and our eyes had adjusted to the backlight and we all clearly saw 3 Nuns stood in the entrance of the tunnel with arms out stretched as if beckoning us to come closer, we actually screamed and ran for our lives back through the tunnel which was about 1 mile long and pitch black except for an air shaft halfway through, each and everyone of us came out battered and bruised due to falling, dragging each other back, some of us even knocked others to the floor as a means of self preservation just in case we were being followed back through the tunnel, thats about 40 years ago but i remember it as clear as if it were yesterday, occasionally i bump into a couple of the other kids but we tend not to mention it.

Here is my story, from the other side as it were.

I'm from Baildon in Bradford, Baildon Moor backs onto Ilkley Moor, and one night it was reported in the T&A that witches or Satanists were practising thier dark arts on the moors. A pentacle had been found burnt into the 17th green of the golf course. Me and three mates decided to go and have a look at this pentacle one dark autumn night. As we reached the 17th green we could hear another group of kids coming up from the residential area towards the 17th green. We hid behind teh green and when they got near we emerged with our hoods up and walked slowly in their direction chnating "ooowwwuuummm oooowuuum", which I believe is a common satanist chant! The other kids turned and ran back to the saftely of the houses, shouting things such as "the witches are going to get us".

The next day at school rumours were rife with the witches on the moor and some kids were going to "go and get the witches" We also turned up at the meeting point for the anti dark side vigilantes that night, there must have been 20 kids armed with baseball bats, large twigs and an air rifle. naturally we joined in the posse and went on the with hunt. Suprisngly the coven weren't about that night and no witches were sighted. But I bet you some of those kids now to this day tell the story of when they were chased by witches.

some closed minds on this thread methinks. there is actually a difference between explaining something and explaining it away.

Drugs are bad, m'kay.

Yes they are from what I have read that's why I have never took them.

What if what we percieve as being the real world is nothing more than some metaphysical manifestation and what we believe to be the supernatural world i.e ghosts etc is actually the real world transposed onto ours through sone kind of inter dimentional glitch....or maybe not

Don't think so.Descartes: cogito ergo sum

SBW  managed to see his own backside last weekend,

Is 'Anything Paranormal' the latest film in the Paranormal Activity series? If so, I've not seen the first ones as horror films give me nightmares.

What if what we percieve as being the real world is nothing more than some metaphysical manifestation and what we believe to be the supernatural world i.e ghosts etc is actually the real world transposed onto ours through sone kind of inter dimentional glitch....or maybe not

conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

Very deep.

I assume that there was a good crop of mushrooms this year? ;)

Actually this accords with buddhist philosophy and also with certain elements of quantum physics

Johnoco, on 01 Nov 2013 - 3:27 PM, said:

If you're referring to the grow your own portabello kit I got for me birthday yes the mushies were lovely :D

Im not sure if it can be classed as paranormal but I've had a number of instances of really vivid deja vue and Deja Visite.

some closed minds on this thread methinks. there is actually a difference between explaining something and explaining it away.

Why is not accepting what people say uncritically being close-minded? Surely that is the opposite.

This guy says it better than I ever could. My favourite line being, 'there are others that seem to think being open-minded is accepting the unreliable testimony of anyone with a spooky story.'

My mother used to claim that the house we grew up in was in some way haunted.

Anyway, 20 odd years ago after a night out I got into an argument with my Mrs and she got home first and locked me out. After much banging and shouting and bawling I decided to call at my Mums, where at the time only her and my youngest brother lived. I threw a stone at his window to let me in and I crashed out there. I woke up quite early and feeling a bit sheepish and still half p`ssed, I sneaked off out and went home (legging it through the nearby gardens to save time)

A few years later, on a car journey, she was telling us tales of why she thought the house was haunted and then came out with the time she heard someone getting up and walking down the stairs and leaving the house but when she looked for someone there was nobody there.....'and to this day I still don't know what it was'. Cue me and my brother with shaking shoulders trying not to pee ourselves laughing.

I never owned up. My mother is Mrs Doyle from Father Ted.

Well I'm converted. When I started reading this thread I was a sceptic, now I've had my own experience.........

The night before last me and the missus were sitting in our front room watch in tv.

My wife said " did you hear that?"

"No, what was it?" I replied.

"It sounds like there is someone at the front door, go and check"

So I went. Through the frosted glass I could see there was indeed a shape on the doorstep.

I slowly opened the door to peep out and I couldn't believe my eyes. I swear that on my doorstep there was a zombie clearly dead by the pallor of its skin, there was what looked like a witch with broomstick with the "thing"

I slammed the door and quickly bolted it.

So, I've now seen it with my own eyes and I defy any of the clever dick nay sayers to give me a rational explanation to this frightening thing THAT I SAW.

I've experienced hypnagogia ...in very simple terms it's a cross between being awake and asleep.  In this state I've experienced hallucinations and sleep paralysis.  If you know nothing abut hypnagogia and experience it I wouldn't be surprised if you thought you had a paranormal experience.

I've experienced hypnagogia ...in very simple terms it's a cross between being awake and asleep.  In this state I've experienced hallucinations and sleep paralysis.  If you know nothing abut hypnagogia and experience it I wouldn't be surprised if you thought you had a paranormal experience.

I hate that and it's sort of lucid dreaming but then you can take control of your dream a bit but you know soon that you get hit by the paralysis state….but the only thing I find out about them sometimes and many many people have also reported the dark figure in the corner in your room when you have one.

it's the stuff of nightmares.

I've had this for years, it was really scary when I was a teenager and would keep me awake after I'd had it.