Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ehbandit

local leagues

56 posts in this topic

Did your team have to chase round for players when 7 or 8 of your 1st team became un-available for a recent cup tie at Queens.They must have had other commitments its winter too.

No we didn't have to chase around we had enough players who made themselves available to fulfil both our fixtures PLAYED at the same TIME on the SAME DAY, what you seem to be missing here is my team are a pub team, the NCL teams are supposed to be the cream of the cream and able to fulfil a criteria without a problem, we now after 24 months have established clubs/teams failing and some people are either blinkered, short sighted or both.

I don't put the blame on the clubs for giving the summer a go, in all honesty the package looks brilliant but in reality it's not working, so the answer is either bury your head into the RFL elite ONLY amateur club sand or take a step back into the area where the NCL wasn't having problems with a leadership that's forget that the majority of people in the amateur game are in it for a hobby or pass time.

No we didn't have to chase around we had enough players who made themselves available to fulfil both our fixtures PLAYED at the same TIME on the SAME DAY, what you seem to be missing here is my team are a pub team, the NCL teams are supposed to be the cream of the cream and able to fulfil a criteria without a problem, we now after 24 months have established clubs/teams failing and some people are either blinkered, short sighted or both.

I don't put the blame on the clubs for giving the summer a go, in all honesty the package looks brilliant but in reality it's not working, so the answer is either bury your head into the RFL elite ONLY amateur club sand or take a step back into the area where the NCL wasn't having problems with a leadership that's forget that the majority of people in the amateur game are in it for a hobby or pass time.

Another topic turned into summer v winter.Well played Marauder enjoy your alehouse rugby. Ive decided to hang up my boots on this one.

Another topic turned into summer v winter.Well played Marauder enjoy your alehouse rugby. Ive decided to hang up my boots on this one.

The title is Local leagues which consists mainly of ale house teams.

Ive enjoyed the last week, good discussiin about the Wests vs Siddal game and the like but now you've come back Marauder and made me dislike this forum again. A couple of things before you go on a rant. 1) I am neither for or against summer rugby, I enjoy both seasons. 2) Regurgitating and spouting the same nonsense time after time does not make you correct and people wont start listing just because you repeat it. 3) Believe it or not, amature rugby league has been in decline for years, clubs struggled to raise teams in winter long before summer rugby was implemented. This resulted in second teams defaulting and eventually dropping out of their leagues. Last but not least and this is important, number 4) This is a forum about NCL rugby for NCL members. Why not go onto the community forum, where you belong and spout all tbe tosh you want on there. Nobody on here gives a rats ###### about your opinion, you have become a laughing stock, are seriously boring and are down right pathetic.

Unfortunately summer , winter will always be discussed because due the impact it's having on the game,

I also agree that the game was in decline during the winter with 2nd teams defaulting on games in some cases, the main point is since the switch 1st teams have started to default and 2nd teams folding altogether,

Anyway back on subject, regionalising the teams and having a playoff with the top few teams may be a good idea, I think teams will have more players to select from with many players choosing to work Saturday mornings

It's not just. RL that's suffering with numbers, football, is the same in the senior divisions. The excuses for not turning up are unbelievable.