Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bomballey

It's Halloween - Your Scariest Player Ever Is..?

69 posts in this topic

Eddie Szymala is a great call, but I can honestly say that the most terrifying player I have ever met is McIllorum, who has a permanent air of menace about him.

There was a chap called Rathbone who also seemed to have an air of evil about him.

Vila matautia.

Barrie mc or brendan tuuta.

Yep, Micky Mac does have a touch of Tez about him. Monty Betham was always fun at Wakey. Wasn't he voted player you'd least like to fight with in the NRL before he came to Wakey?

Paul Sampson was a winger we had at Wakey in about 1999/2000. Nicknamed the Wakefield Express for obvious reasons, he used to frighten me, every time he had to do anything but run fast with the ball!

He ended up playing rugby union.

Eddie Szymala is a great call, but I can honestly say that the most terrifying player I have ever met is McIllorum, who has a permanent air of menace about him.

There was a chap called Rathbone who also seemed to have an air of evil about him.

Alan "Rambo" Rathbone- good call especially when he had Les Boyd and Kevin Tamati around as well

Alan "Rambo" Rathbone- good call especially when he had Les Boyd and Kevin Tamati around as well

Rathbone was a very scary man, but have a vivid memory of him king hitting Ray Price of Australia on the 82 tour, Ray Price just turned and smiled at him.  That was scary.

Vila matautia.

I have first hand evidence of this as he smashed my nose across my face with a high shot when he was playing for Donny.

Big Hitro Okesene was awesome ... And Gordy Tallis still scares me with a suit on seeing him on telly now ! Intimidating or what !

Big Hitro Okesene was awesome ... And Gordy Tallis still scares me with a suit on seeing him on telly now ! Intimidating or what !

Gorden Tallis' response to his meeting with Terry O'Connor is epic- although hats off to the Aussies they call it like it is and admit it when they meet their match.

Not sure if anyone will remember him to any level of significance, but Joe Naidole was a frightening figure for Huddersfield - and a number of other clubs at the back end of his career. Unfortunately, he was also a rather a frightening prospect off the field as well.

Tony Fisher ... hard as nails

Mike Nicholas ... ditto and looking for a scrap non stop

Willie Mason ... you never knew whether he had the sense when to start and when to stop

Tony Fisher ... hard as nails

Mike Nicholas ... ditto and looking for a scrap non stop

Willie Mason ... you never knew whether he had the sense when to start and when to stop

You weren't even safe on the same team as Mike Nicholas. He once started a fight with Warrington winger Dennis Curling during one match at Wilderspool. I think that Curling went up in everybody's estimation that day as he gave back as good as he got.

Rathbone was a very scary man, but have a vivid memory of him king hitting Ray Price of Australia on the 82 tour, Ray Price just turned and smiled at him.  That was scary.

Ray Price was a bit nuts and as hard as nails and the best Lock of his era.