Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livo

Thought this was a very good conversation

6 posts in this topic

The one about Leicester Storm submitting an application. What are peoples thoughts

yeah its good news I suppose but theres trouble at swinton so if the worst happens there the RFL should do something to save them instead ... an old established club

Expansion can never be for expansions sake. It has to be based on evidence on the ground. The Leicester bid has just come out of no-where. Give them the benefit of the doubt and help them, but let's not stick pins in the map again. Coventry, as I'm sure Bearman can elaborate, have been working towards this goal for a decade, as well as having the stadium and commercial nous to pull it off. I think with four newly admitted clubs in two years it would be time to consolidate and ensure that all are viable, rather than expanding.

Morty - the only reason that there are (annual) problems at Swinton is because of the people running it. The RFL should help the club, yes, but not bail out the custodians IMO.

I do agree with widening the sport but at what cost.

What got me this morning was the BBC. Watching the news and they mentioned some American sports results before the Current World Cup. Why???

Morty - the only reason that there are (annual) problems at Swinton is because of the people running it. The RFL should help the club, yes, but not bail out the custodians IMO.

The supporters have issues with the custodians as well mate...

They bought the dump that is Odsal as part of saving the Bulls ... now tell me that was money well spent !!!