Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

Another Sell Out

28 posts in this topic

Yep but sponsorship is about way way more that just advertisement at a ground or on a shirt. If that's the mentality then no wonder we struggle to sell sponsorship.  Take the announcement as what it is... PR knowing they have no more possibilities in the queue.

Of course its PR, its a good news story, that's the point. However we get the usual stuff peddled that they shouldn't put that out because if...

Take it for what it is.

Of course its PR, its a good news story, that's the point. However we get the usual stuff peddled that they shouldn't put that out because if...

Take it for what it is.

I agree it is a good PR, good news story, I am not knocking it, its the type of thing we used to do as much as possible... for sure any and every opportunity should be grabbed to put out positive stuff.  Not least it may make some think they missed an opportunity to get on board and maybe should look to see what else if available, etc... Its good it made into into some form of media as the PR doesn't always, so that's a big bonus in its self and a little break through in its self.  I'm sure the team are counting up the successful campaigns and PR its, would be interesting to know them purely from a promotional impact interest but it would be an internal metric.

Wasn't knocking it..

"unless somebody comes to me and says ‘can we do this?’, there are no more announcements to come and it is now down to activating and servicing the sponsors because that is the long-term goal to get these sponsors hooked on rugby league.”

Odd that isn't it? :tongue: Precisely the quibble I had before the full quote was posted. Still, Padge's grumbling about grumblers, so we're all happy!