Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

New signing and 2 re signings

33 posts in this topic

glad backhouse has resigned, marwood  think he needs to be played more tbh but he adds depth, dont know much about morrison.

need some experience now to guide these youngsters,  as it is mainly inexperianced  youngsters weve signed.

little tipsy last night. thought Backy retired last year give 100% but..............better younger amateurs around the local secne imo.

Backhouse is a shitehouse not sure he offers anything?

bit harsh lad

I am abit worried about our props dawson top man dont know anything about the 2 new signings hope the lad from wales is as good as he says he is would have like to see a couple of props with experiance who could dominate the opposite numbers

backhouse is on pay as he plays so he got 2 be worth having as backup , he give his all when he plays so y not give him another go

After the latest Barrow signings I cannot see any other championship teams fighting for them.

I agree with many letters on the forum, the job has been done on the cheap,spend as little as possible on

the coach and quality players

I have just watched the Scotland v Italy game and what a great game Ben Helliwell had. He should have been signed with

Ballard. What a threequarter line that would have been with Dalton and Harrison.

It would have been back to the good old days --- speed to burn.

I dont know if this is just coincidence but Andy Ballard has just reappeared on my facebook after an 8 month abscence? hmmmm

I dont know if this is just coincidence but Andy Ballard has just reappeared on my facebook after an 8 month abscence? hmmmm

what has he been doing for the last 8 months???

It's amazing to me when people who obviously know very little about finances talk about doing things on the cheap. We can only sign players that we can afford. We need a new half back and Danny Brough would be a good choice. Zak Hardaker would be a good choice at full back. The pack would take some beating with the 4 Burgess brothers. I know I'm exaggerating but I'm sure the BOD have a tight reign on the finances.

thought this threads about new signings. any slagging off and im off. lol. no panic with northern rail comp  being dumped.  the lads will have plenty of time to gel. might make a big difference in early stages of league next season. hope we get a few freindlies sorted as the money pot will be a little empty for a lot of clubs next season. hope to see a centre and hooker signed up next.

forgot we signed arron Lloyd .oops

What does upset me a bit is, despite the raiders not going down the DR route, and staying loyal to their local players, it appears that furness trainers, and players are turning their nose up to their local club, a bit worrying for the future.

must say im a bit perplexed as to why Duerden has gone up the coast unless it was a much better financial offer of course?

Raiders are not staying loyal to amateurs, give them a good deal and they will play. Local coaches not turning their noses up, just want a fair deal for their lads. Some players have yet to be approached by Raiders, hope they are not hoping for playing for Barrow becomes a last resort to their careers.

I'm not saying the raiders should be a last resort, but a step on the ladder for young lads, it certainly worked well for Ade Gardener.

I agree there are lots of bridges to be re-built between raiders and the local amateur clubs, it needs both sides to start the rebuilding, I watch both and it is so sad to see so much potential going to waste.

must say im a bit perplexed as to why Duerden has gone up the coast unless it was a much better financial offer of course?

Hey up Lee, you're starting to sound like a Haven fan. That's always their craic when we sign a player - must be for the money usually followed by a ridiculous post saying he's on 20 grand or whatever.

Maybe it's just as the lad says he likes what Town are trying to do and has bought in to it!!

Hey up Lee, you're starting to sound like a Haven fan. That's always their craic when we sign a player - must be for the money usually followed by a ridiculous post saying he's on 20 grand or whatever.

Maybe it's just as the lad says he likes what Town are trying to do and has bought in to it!!

The only example I can give Keith is, A barrow lad went to Workington and was hailed as best full back in championship, that is until a DR player came in at full back, he was then hailed as best full back in championship, the barrow lad was moved to the wing. Now the DR player is not coming back, you're all saying to the barrow lad, sign for us, we didn't mean it you were the best all along.

alan athersmith

We should hold a trials day for the local ametuers and see if Murray sees anyone he likes

I think Murray will have seen plenty of the local amateurs without the need for a trials day, apart from anything else what would you expect him to be able to tell from  such a brief viewing?

Keith it wasnt meant as a slant on Town or that you are willing to shell out more cash ... I just wondered why he chose Town over us especially with the trecherous Corney or Whicham valley drives 3 or 4 times a week and once pre season training starts it'll be the height of winter :ph34r: .... he obviously had his reasons mate. Good luck to the lad but hope he has off days when you play us ! ;)

The only example I can give Keith is, A barrow lad went to Workington and was hailed as best full back in championship, that is until a DR player came in at full back, he was then hailed as best full back in championship, the barrow lad was moved to the wing. Now the DR player is not coming back, you're all saying to the barrow lad, sign for us, we didn't mean it you were the best all along.

alan athersmith

Don't think that is completely fair,  BC has always been highly rated by Town fans, and one

of his strengths is the ability to play in a number of positions, so don't see what the big

problem was with getting SB in who was actually signed rather on DR.  The reaction

he got in the recent wc games playing in a different position at Derwent Park certainly

showed the high regard Town fans have for BC.

Good news for Town looks to be the fact that both Raiders and Haven look to be

gaining fullbacks, so hopefully BC will re-sign, unless super league comes

a calling, would be a big loss if he didn't sign.