Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/11/13 - World Cup Match 19: Wales v Cook Islands

Who will win?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales by 13 points or more
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

Discuss World Cup Match 19: Wales v Cook Islands here.

Wales must win this to keep any credibility. Ditch the 'Wigan method', which clearly isn't working, play the players who have not had a game, and let the guys go out and be creative.

I'm not going. It's the best part of 300 miles and clashes with the Remembrance Day Parade in Bradford.

In the evening I'm going to a Diwali Music Night in Leeds. Should be fun!

I've posted this on the Wales v USA thread, but, once again, I hope all the boys who haven't played yet are rewarded for their efforts and loyalty by getting a game against the Cook islands.

Many thanks to Rhys Williams who was very pleasant to us after the game. Especially as, under the surface, he must have been feeling just as gutted as the fans.

Best of luck in Australia boyo, then come on back and sign for the Bulls!

Come on Wales!! 

Cymru Am Byth

Who is Rhys joint in in Australia wolford?

We need to regain some pride in this one, and I'm going to be there. Time to give some fringe lads a chance.

1. R.Evans

2. Kear

3. Roets

4. R.Williams

5. Massam

6. White

7. Jones

8. James

9. Webster

10. Kopczak

11. Frizell

12. B.Evans

13. Flower

14. Budworth

15. Guertjens

16. Fleming

17. Patrick

Who is Rhys joint in in Australia wolford?

Central Queensland Capras, I think. He's joining a club in Queensland and will play alongside Ian Webster.

Sad loss to our game, I rate him.

Central Queensland Capras, I think. He's joining a club in Queensland and will play alongside Ian Webster.

Sad loss to our game, I rate him.

Fair enough, that's a decent enough level for him I suppose. I've got mixed feelings about the guy... There's definitely talent in him mind. Talent that I believe needs to be correctly harnessed.

Plenty of Welsh players down under now*.. Maybe a mid season camp for the 'Welsh Australians' would be a good idea with maybe a game against the Australian Fijians or someone. Be a good chance to try partnerships and keep the guys bonding.

* Frizell, Budworth, Webster, Seamark, Geurtjens, Rhys Williams, Lee Williams, Andrew Gay, Jordan Ross, Ollie Olds, Tom Morton (probably one or two more I've forgotten, and a dozen more eligible for Wales) - I'd advise getting Mark Lennon involved as well, top bloke.

Fair enough, that's a decent enough level for him I suppose. I've got mixed feelings about the guy... There's definitely talent in him mind. Talent that I believe needs to be correctly harnessed.

Plenty of Welsh players down under now*.. Maybe a mid season camp for the 'Welsh Australians' would be a good idea with maybe a game against the Australian Fijians or someone. Be a good chance to try partnerships and keep the guys bonding.

* Frizell, Budworth, Webster, Seamark, Geurtjens, Rhys Williams, Lee Williams, Andrew Gay, Jordan Ross, Ollie Olds, Tom Morton (probably one or two more I've forgotten, and a dozen more eligible for Wales) - I'd advise getting Mark Lennon involved as well, top bloke.

Lewis Reece is off to Brisbane too, not sure which club though.

The talk from the Cook Islands lads after the game yesterday was that they're going to work hard and want to put in a great performance to finally get the nation's first World Cup finals win. If they play like they did last night, and improve again, I suspect they'll be too strong for Wales.

I know there's nothing riding on it, but I'm looking forward to it - Sunday afternoon in Neath, saying goodbye to a group of people I've spent a fair amount of time with over the last few weeks. Go on the Kukis!

It's funny how different two defeated teams can be. Cooks faves I think, still looking forward to seeing a good crowd and atmosphere at the gnoll

I did read a story that the main stand had sold out, but after the checking the RLWC site I can still buy 10+ together in that stand plus plenty more elswhere. Hopefully it's just an error.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

How come this thread isn't pinned?  Just curious!

Anyway, I expect there will be a low crowd in Neath especially now that Wales have failed to get anywhere in the world cup.  Hopefully the forecast decent weather will encourage some extra walk ups.  As for the match, although I really enjoyed watching the Cook Islands play I would like to see Wales finally get a win.  Real shame they couldn't do it at Wrexham but hopefully they will manage it tomorrow.

How come this thread isn't pinned?  Just curious!

Anyway, I expect there will be a low crowd in Neath especially now that Wales have failed to get anywhere in the world cup.  Hopefully the forecast decent weather will encourage some extra walk ups.  As for the match, although I really enjoyed watching the Cook Islands play I would like to see Wales finally get a win.  Real shame they couldn't do it at Wrexham but hopefully they will manage it tomorrow.

I agree. I also hope that after the world cup some serious planning goes into where the Wales National Rugby league team goes to from here.

Poor commentary Ramsdale hasn't a clue who anyone is very poor and tony rea is dull and boring, hopefully Wales get a win here

It's awful . Maybe coz ifs a dead rubber and no one wanted to go !

Why can't they get some funnies on the ' Cooks ' in to the commentary ... Like to many cooks spoiling the broth perhaps ? Or is Anthony Worrall Thompson on the bench ... Just to liven things up a bit !!

First try to Cook Islands. 0–6. Looks like a small crowd.

The camera is positioned in the main stand?

By far the worst commentary team of the world cup. Massam scored not Roets!

Yeah he's so dull! Lulling me to sleep!

Wales are terrible as well to be fair!

issac john in for the cooks 16-4 cooks well the better side so far, half time