Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/11/13 - World Cup Match 19: Wales v Cook Islands

Who will win?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales by 13 points or more
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

This is not an international standard stadium by the way. Looks awful, especially since there aren't many there!

Not the most memorable 40 minutes of the World Cup. Sat in a pub in Halifax watching thus on the I-pad. Iestyn has his work cut out turning Wales into a decent side. Where is the passion?

Half of the team don't want to get forward in defence and are waiting for others to do it for them.

This is not an international standard stadium by the way. Looks awful, especially since there aren't many there!

Exactly very poor ground looks like a non league ground, poor crowd and atmosphere not a good advert for the game this

Well it's taken 19 matches, but we've got a stinker of a game. Fair play to Cook Islands, but Wales are very, very poor.

Only a hue comeback can save this match now...........wait on, 22-10!

Totally agree. I don't expect them to fill the MS but surely they can do better than this. And that's with all due respect to Neath.

Nice long range try to set up a big finish but what a lousy, lacklustre attempt by Evans for the last Cooks try.

Why couldn't Wales play this exciting every game?

I would say because they have been playing Peter Lupton from the bench in previous matches. Today he has played the full match and his organisation and passing got the Welsh on the move.

Ohh how iestyn must be wishing he'd started Lupton in the halves in all the games . But coaches get seduced by Aussie accents I'm afraid

Too little too late for Wales sadly.  They have played some really good stuff at times. I think they scored one of the best tries of the tournament in Cardiff.  But sadly they just haven't been able to iron out the errors and play consistently.  A world cup too early maybe?  Hopefully though they will keep on developing towards the next world cup.