Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Wiggles - USA Tomahawks Shock The World

62 posts in this topic

This World Cup has certainly produced some surprising coverage in some strange places.

You can say that again. This has blown my mind. I can't stop singing it! :D

You can say that again. This has blown my mind. I can't stop singing it! :D

Glad it's not just me then. Been in my head all day today. Just looked and now has over 15,000 hits on youtube in a day, so we're not the only ones! 

Glad it's not just me then. Been in my head all day today. Just looked and now has over 15,000 hits on youtube in a day, so we're not the only ones! 

Phew!

Think that's just from me!! Can't seem to stop watching it......!

Hopefully Larry will be on tour with his band and Emma Wiggle will be safe.

My tour manager's cancelling gigs as I type.

My tour manager's cancelling gigs as I type.

I presume this is an activity he's used to.

The Wiggles story got a paragraph in today's Metro.

Thus doubling the amount of RL coverage for the day.

The Wiggles story got a paragraph in today's Metro.

Thus doubling the amount of RL coverage for the day.

I think there is potentially a lot of mileage in this story, especially if they break off their world tour to get to the USA Aus game. Just the sort of off game publicity that "money can't buy" that our sport rarely gets. 

I think there is potentially a lot of mileage in this story, especially if they break off their world tour to get to the USA Aus game. Just the sort of off game publicity that "money can't buy" that our sport rarely gets. 

Possibly even three paragraphs! Oh my...

Possibly even three paragraphs! Oh my...

Quite, a "band" that nobody has heard of, fly to a sporting event.  It's not like they're Gary Glitter or anything.

"Wiggles founder Anthony Field will "move heaven and earth" to accept an invitation to attend the USA Tomahawks quarter-final clash with Australia"

I think the tournament organisers should also be moving heaven and earth to get them to the game.

Quite, a "band" that nobody has heard of, fly to a sporting event.  It's not like they're Gary Glitter or anything.

In 2003, when the group performed at Madison Square Garden, front-row tickets were sold for US$500,[34] in spite of The Wiggles' efforts to reduce scalping by limiting the number of seats sold per transaction.[75] In 2008, the group found themselves in the midst of what The Daily Telegraph called a "ticketing scandal";[75] scalpers tried to sell a A$19 ticket on eBay for almost A$2,000 and a set of three tickets for A$315 for concerts in Melbourne, and a group of three tickets to a Wiggles UNICEF charity concert in Sydney had a price tag of A$510. The tickets were taken off eBay and voided.[75]

Not bad for a band that nobody's heard of. :rolleyes: 

Not bad for a band that nobody's heard of. :rolleyes:

Still not in Larry's league though.

The USA team could incorperate a Wiggles dance into some sort of Haka to intimidate the opposition, would pay to watch that :)

You've given the game away Larry:

"Strangely enough, one of the best gigs I saw in the 70s was Gary Glitter and the Glitterband. This was just before The Fall. It was astonishing. A friend of mine put a Glitter record on in a pub recently and they turned it off because of what he is now, but it's worth remembering what a great band they were." Renegade page 40.

Put this with your occasionally curmudgeonly contributions and you are obviously Mark E Smith. I claim my £5.00.