Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry the Leit

Recent immigrants to the UK

173 posts in this topic

people mix in the social environment that suits them

they always have done

White South Africans preferred to mix with other whites only, does that make it acceptable? Of course not.

Areas do become 'Irish' areas or 'Asian' areas but they shouldn't be no go areas. ..which seems to be the trend now.

Oh for the love of $deity.

I really think you need to get your head out of whatever propaganda you've been reading and recognise that every culture has its share of nut jobs. Why not say you refuse to see a white English doctor in case he murders you or protest against white English janitors in case they abduct your child.

Either you are just plainly prejudiced or a troll. The jury is out but neither will endear you to us as a forum.

I don't think that is a particularly valid comparison. Refusing to see a doctor because one was a murderer once is clearly illogical. On the other hand if I am walking through an 'Asian' area at night (or even in the daytime) and am approached by a gang of 'Asian' lads, its practically assured that I will receive some racial abuse - that's not a theory, its my experience. So being weary and starting to assume that most 'Asian' men act in a certain way *can* be based on fact and not wild phobia or anything.

That's a sad state of affairs but it is pretty much the reality in a lot of places today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

"Immigrants to the UK since 2000 have made a "substantial" contribution to public finances, a report says.

The study by University College London said recent immigrants were less likely to claim benefits and live in social housing than people born in Britain.
The authors said rather than being a "drain", their contribution had been "remarkably strong"

This is excellent news, and I hope it stops some of the scaremongering by the moronic press.

All new immigarnts to the UK should be made to play Rugby League and then they will realise what a great game it is. If they are to old to play our great game they should be made to attend games ;)

On reflection, I agree poor taste but just as poor taste as tarring an entire religious group of people as paedophiles. I'll delete.

I didn't target an entire group.

What like passing around 14 year old white girls for sex.

so child abuse is the domain of a particular racial group is it?

that's Jimmy Saville, gary glitter, Fred West, Stuart Hall etc etc etc etc off the hook then

White South Africans preferred to mix with other whites only, does that make it acceptable? Of course not.

Areas do become 'Irish' areas or 'Asian' areas but they shouldn't be no go areas. ..which seems to be the trend now.

I think you'll find apartheid had a little more going for it than that

I agree with your last sentence. There's a long history of this sort of thing.

On reflection, I agree poor taste but just as poor taste as tarring an entire religious group of people as paedophiles. I'll delete.

I prefer the term "superstitious" group, but yes you're right.  Some people seem willing to criticise certain groups in an unfair and biased manner with alarming regularity.

I think you'll find apartheid had a little more going for it than that

I agree with your last sentence. There's a long history of this sort of thing.

I have heard more than one left wing commentator excuse bigotry by members of the Pakistani community (to use one example) against different people with the argument about it being natural for people to want to mix among their own culture.

I wouldn't use that as an argument for an apartheid state.

so child abuse is the domain of a particular racial group is it?

that's Jimmy Saville, gary glitter, Fred West, Stuart Hall etc etc etc etc off the hook then

The head of the Ramadan foundation (himself a Muslim) was prepared to say that Muslims are over-represented as abusers and their targets are most likely to be white.

This is the problem along with the fact that (according to Ann Cryer), the police were unwilling to investigate for fear of being labelled racist and the local mosque refused to get involved.

This is not something that we should shy away from.

I have heard more than one left wing commentator excuse bigotry by members of the Pakistani community (to use one example) against different people with the argument about it being natural for people to want to mix among their own culture.

I wouldn't use that as an argument for an apartheid state.

there is no excuse for bigotry

which left wing commentators are you referring to?

The head of the Ramadan foundation (himself a Muslim) was prepared to say that Muslims are over-represented as abusers and their targets are most likely to be white.

This is the problem along with the fact that (according to Ann Cryer), the police were unwilling to investigate for fear of being labelled racist and the local mosque refused to get involved.

This is not something that we should shy away from.

I agree

A slight tangent here.

Recently a prominent anti-FGM (female genital mutilation) campaigner organised a petition to allow FGM on the ground that "it's their culture, we should leave it alone". She was horrified to find that it was very easy to persuade people in Northampton to sign the petition and abandoned it in half an hour. She had hoped that people would be outraged and refuse to sign.

This is what we are up against as a society. The fear of being labelled racist drives normal people to tolerate literally anything.

A slight tangent here.

Recently a prominent anti-FGM (female genital mutilation) campaigner organised a petition to allow FGM on the ground that "it's their culture, we should leave it alone". She was horrified to find that it was very easy to persuade people in Northampton to sign the petition and abandoned it in half an hour. She had hoped that people would be outraged and refuse to sign.

This is what we are up against as a society. The fear of being labelled racist drives normal people to tolerate literally anything.

Was this the programme on C4 the other night? I didn't see it but saw it advertised.

She is however spot on. Plenty of liberal types think they are being kind and fair by allowing habits or practices to be tolerated and that were anyone else to do would be deemed outrageous. Like making young girls wear ludicrous veils for instance.

Was this the programme on C4 the other night? I didn't see it but saw it advertised.

I wasn't aware of the C4 programme. I just read about it in the paper.

I can't recall individual names, just articles in the press in times gone by.

Look at the Rushdie affair. Before that, a common thing to be heard among the left was 'they will be burning the books next'...well someone did and threatened to execute the author. The reaction from the Guardian etc?...I'm sorry I must have missed it because it wasn't very vocal. But never mind because it was their culture. Strange how since then the streets of Bradford have so many women wearing masks (because I might get the urge to rape them apparently) that they never used to wear before? That must be because despite Islam being quite old, it only became a requirement about 20 years ago...unless of course they are just making it up to be awkward of course.

I can't recall individual names, just articles in the press in times gone by.

Look at the Rushdie affair. Before that, a common thing to be heard among the left was 'they will be burning the books next'...well someone did and threatened to execute the author. The reaction from the Guardian etc?...I'm sorry I must have missed it because it wasn't very vocal. But never mind because it was their culture. Strange how since then the streets of Bradford have so many women wearing masks (because I might get the urge to rape them apparently) that they never used to wear before? That must be because despite Islam being quite old, it only became a requirement about 20 years ago...unless of course they are just making it up to be awkward of course.

If it helps any John, I've never had you down as a potential rapist.  

If it helps any John, I've never had you down as a potential rapist.

I am a man aren't I?

I do not agree with MOST of what the EDL are about but didn't they do a protest outside Liverpool crown court against the Muslim grooming paedophiles being trialled yet the local so called antifascist turned to counter protest the EDL ? yet should no protest against the paedo's.

I do not agree with MOST of what the EDL are about but didn't they do a protest outside Liverpool crown court against the Muslim grooming paedophiles being trialled yet the local so called antifascist turned to counter protest the EDL ? yet should no protest against the paedo's.

You can bet if the perpetrators had been white and the victims brown skinned Muslims then UAF and the Guardianistas would have been out in force.

You can bet if the perpetrators had been white and the victims brown skinned Muslims then UAF and the Guardianistas would have been out in force.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

You can also bet that if both the perpetrators and the victims were white, the EDL would have taken their drunken mob off to cause trouble somewhere else.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

Wow!

Firstly, first cousin marriages cause a small increase in likelihood of congenital disorders showing theirselves as if there are recessive genes that have them then they are more likely to be able to get it from both sides, leading to it being exhibited. Same would apply for any positive genetic traits too, so if they could be congenitally predisposed to be more resistant to certain diseases. This is the less offensive comment dealt with.

As for "genetic disorder" meaning hit headed? How on earth do you draw that conclusion. Cones out of the same drawer as the idea that anyone with any sort if mental illness is a "nutjob" who should be kept away from normal people as they're probably dangerous. Frankly unbelievable prejudice.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

So what you are saying is that you have no idea about the problems first cousin marriage can cause but you're just throwing a few more derogatory slurs in there because you can.

First cousin marriage is widespread accross cultural and religious boundries from Peru to South Asia and is certainly not limited to Muslims.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

A slight tangent here.

I think it does exist

Yes a tangent indeed but not a slight one