Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

TONY BENN

73 posts in this topic

Can't say on a public forum, although I think I may have in the past!

can you pm me about it?

I really do have a vested interest

can you pm me about it?

I really do have a vested interest

It won't let me Chris I get a "Array" error message. I've asked Larry to forward to you!

It won't let me Chris I get a "Array" error message. I've asked Larry to forward to you!

thanks mate

I believe that the involvement of the army is a myth.

I know it to be fact.

I have a vested interest in you saying more about this.

I have eheard many miners make the allegation, but never come across any evidence in my research

If I remember correctly, in his published diaries, didn't Tony Benn state that while on the train to Chesterfied a man introducing himself as an ex soldier and told him that the Royal Green Jackets and the SAS were involved in the strike.  Also someone told him that one of the 'policemen' he had seen during the miners strike was his best friends son who was supposed to be serving in the BAOR at the time.

Why were the army, like the police, required to be there?

Maybe they weren't 

If they were then it was to provide extra muscle for a massive nation wide seven days a week paramilitary operation by the police

I have heard many accounts of soldiers not in uniform being used including from my friends and family but I've never unearthed any evidence

The police have to be identifiable by their numbers but when it suits they remove them: I'm sure you can figure out why. There was a recent example of this when someone was killed at a demo

Maybe they weren't 

If they were then it was to provide extra muscle for a massive nation wide seven days a week paramilitary operation by the police

I have heard many accounts of soldiers not in uniform being used including from my friends and family but I've never unearthed any evidence

The police have to be identifiable by their numbers but when it suits they remove them: I'm sure you can figure out why. There was a recent example of this when someone was killed at a demo

What "paramilitary operation"? Why was it necessary for the police to be there in the first place? What were the events that made someone say, "we need to ship in extra officers at colossal expense to the taxpayer"?

Any officer who removes his/her number should be instantly sacked.

What "paramilitary operation"? Why was it necessary for the police to be there in the first place? What were the events that made someone say, "we need to ship in extra officers at colossal expense to the taxpayer"?

Any officer who removes his/her number should be instantly sacked.

Police operations during the 1984-5 miners' strike

I'm given to understand the recent example if this became a subject of criminal charges

No officers were prosecuted in or after the strike

During the general strike service personnel, mainly royal navy were employed in the mines as strike breakers: it's a possibility that an assumption might have been made in this case even though their putative roles were differen

That doesn't answer why they were there. There must have been an event that required the police to be there. I'm assuming there must have been some sort of crime committed to have the police there in such numbers, what was it?

That doesn't answer why they were there. There must have been an event that required the police to be there. I'm assuming there must have been some sort of crime committed to have the police there in such numbers, what was it?

There were many events during the strike as I'm sure you are aware

There were many events during the strike as I'm sure you are aware

I'm sure there was. But that still doesn't answer why the police were deployed.

I'm sure there was. But that still doesn't answer why the police were deployed.

You've got me beat

Go on tell me

You've got me beat

Go on tell me

I've no idea. That's why I'm asking. It seems they were there, but no-one knows why.

I've no idea. That's why I'm asking. It seems they were there, but no-one knows why.

Suggest you do a Google search 

The  names David Jones and Joe green might be a starting point

Suggest you do a Google search 

The  names David Jones and Joe green might be a starting point

Yes. And? That still doesn't answer why the police were there in the first place.

Yes. And? That still doesn't answer why the police were there in the first place.

Well I've pointed you in the right direction

I hope your research is interesting and fruitful

Not really

How do you know?

Anyway I don't have time for your dreary games

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL