Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

Parking in Hull

22 posts in this topic

Any tips or recommended parking in Hull on Saturday?

Don't want to walk too far as Dad has a touch of arthritis in the hip.  I'm guessing there is limited parking at the stadium?

If you want to be there really early (10-11am) you'll get parked at the stadium. On the other thread about this many have suggested using the park and ride, which is apparently very good.

Cheers!

You won't say that when you see the prices! :-/

Never been to the KC (or Hull), so looking forward to it!

We look forward to seeing you at the best stadium in Super League. :D

If you want to be there really early (10-11am) you'll get parked at the stadium. On the other thread about this many have suggested using the park and ride, which is apparently very good.

The park and ride is very well organised with empty buses queuing up to take you back at the final whistle.

There is also on street parking off Chamberlain Avenue on the far side of Spring Bank West, giving a five to ten minute walk to the ground.

The park and ride is very well organised with empty buses queuing up to take you back at the final whistle.

There is also on street parking off Chamberlain Avenue on the far side of Spring Bank West, giving a five to ten minute walk to the ground.

From your description, John, I think you must mean Chanterlands Avenue. There isn't as much on street parking available as there used to be because the streets off there nearest the KC are now part of the restricted zone.

Your time at Reckitts must have really left its mark on you. Chamberlain Road was their sports ground.

Park and Ride is best, used it many times at international RL games, a lot quicker than waiting to get out of the KC car park.

Whatever you do, do not take any parking advice off Old Faithful. ;)

He wouldn't know about parking on match day, his missus is his own personal taxi driver! :-D

Whatever you do, do not take any parking advice off Old Faithful. ;)

No, don't.

You could always take advice from me though.  :rolleyes:

Stay clear of the hospital car park...a long walk for someone with a disability, very expensive and short of spaces on an afternoon at visiting time ...don't be anti social!

From your description, John, I think you must mean Chanterlands Avenue. There isn't as much on street parking available as there used to be because the streets off there nearest the KC are now part of the restricted zone.

Your time at Reckitts must have really left its mark on you. Chamberlain Road was their sports ground.

Oops you are so right. Should have looked it up first.

I'll leave it to those with up to date knowledge. Cheers

Oops you are so right. Should have looked it up first.

I'll leave it to those with up to date knowledge. Cheers

You forgot to add "Smart a**e" at the end.

He wouldn't know about parking on match day, his missus is his own personal taxi driver! :-D

Gives him the opportunity for some drive-by abuse of those of us walking home down Princes Ave too.

Gives him the opportunity for some drive-by abuse of those of us walking home down Princes Ave too.

Well, as I remember only too well the cheery waves you and your family gave us from your warm car when we were stood at that freezing bus stop in Donny after that friendly the other January, you will bleedin' well deserve it.

we shall be using the park and ride and possibly any buses that go near the meeting pub. We will also be using our concessionary travel passes that seem to absolve us from payment. Thank you , Hull Council.