Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town faithful

James Robinson

18 posts in this topic

James is playing his testimonial match on Saturday 9th Novemeber at Derwent park adults £5.00 kids £2.00 and consessions £3.00 family ticket £10.00 lets get down and support this great guy in his testimonial year...kick off is 1pm and the England world cup match will be on in the bar afterwards...

Surely the guy deserves better than this kind of publicity for this game ??

Come on he's played at derwent park for years but has played second fiddle to thackrays testimonial all year !!

Yes you are correct on both comments we have posters up and it's all over facebook and I think it's going in the paper, there is also a boxing match next Saturday 16th.....someone said we should put it on here so we have.

I'm not bagging you for putting it on here - but this is the first I've heard of it ... Nothing on the main site - no one seems to know about it - few posters last Sunday surely wouldn't have gone a miss ?

I just found it very strange how the club were hell bent on organising / publicising thackrays events - and it comes to this where a post on a forum tells us there's a game for him 3 days beforehand !!

Come on town ffs !

I'm not bagging you for putting it on here - but this is the first I've heard of it ... Nothing on the main site - no one seems to know about it - few posters last Sunday surely wouldn't have gone a miss ?

I just found it very strange how the club were hell bent on organising / publicising thackrays events - and it comes to this where a post on a forum tells us there's a game for him 3 days beforehand !!

Come on town ffs !

there was posters on the way into the ground on sunday.

Surely the guy deserves better than this kind of publicity for this game ??

Come on he's played at derwent park for years but has played second fiddle to thackrays testimonial all year !!

Thacks only had a 3 month testimonial, April, May & June, Cotters is 12 months. The events were published when we asked, if you ask you get!

Come on town ffs !

The club didn't organise anything for Thacks or Cotter, the testimonial committees do it, anything that is publicised has to be asked for, if an event isn't publicised its because nobody from the committee's asked for it to be.

Would have thought this would have been better played as a Curtain Raiser before the Ike game. Better chance of a bigger crowd.

HW

There was a few,do no ex players keep fit these days thought some of them shirts were gonna burst..oh and les ashe needs to learn to tackle better ha

Does anyone have a team sheet from yesterday's game? I would have loved to have been there to celebrate little lion man cotter!! But work says otherwise.