Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jprover

"Widdop rested"

5 posts in this topic

When I read this, I assumed it must be some sort of a joke. But no, it is true. After twenty minutes or so of action in the first two matches, S Mc has decided Widdop needs a rest. How can anyone take McNamara seriously?

All we can hope is that after he has had his rest, he will be ready to take over from Chase for the remaining match(es).

Reckon Chase and Burrow myself as the half backs. Good combination even if Burrow is initially picked at hooker. The play well together. Certainly open up the opposition.

I am not convinced of Chase at international level (not even thinking of his dark side here) , in the game against Fiji he had more than a touch of a headless chicken about him with his team mates having no clue what he was doing next, then as soon as he was cornered he threw the ball out blind for others to pick up often getting them clattered.

Burrow and Widdop for me with Chase to replace Burrow if the need arises.

Well Widdop picked for New Zealand game. Only hope he gives Burrow a chance to shine at half back. New blood new ideas, but has he left it a bit late?

I am not convinced of Chase at international level (not even thinking of his dark side here) , in the game against Fiji he had more than a touch of a headless chicken about him with his team mates having no clue what he was doing next, then as soon as he was cornered he threw the ball out blind for others to pick up often getting them clattered.

Burrow and Widdop for me with Chase to replace Burrow if the need arises.

Spot on.