Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Massive announcement

48 posts in this topic

I totally agree with Dave, this is a good signing but to describe it as "MASSIVE"  is gilding the lily to say the least.

The whole point of the pre announcement and hype on the facebook page was to generate interest in the facebook page. The more likes it has the more people get to see our posts. and in doing the pre announcement and hype it generated over 100 new likes in 3 days!!!!

This ploy is called marketing.

just for the record, I think it is a massive signing for our club, he's a super league fringe player that's hungry to play and is obviously gifted, he has super league experience and we are a club with limited finances and geographically out on a limb and I know a lot of personal negotiations went into getting him to sign!

He might not be a "massive" signing for fax or leigh but I think if ya look at the situation of our club, I think its massive for us.

The whole point of the pre announcement and hype on the facebook page was to generate interest in the facebook page. The more likes it has the more people get to see our posts. and in doing the pre announcement and hype it generated over 100 new likes in 3 days!!!!

This ploy is called marketing.

just for the record, I think it is a massive signing for our club, he's a super league fringe player that's hungry to play and is obviously gifted, he has super league experience and we are a club with limited finances and geographically out on a limb and I know a lot of personal negotiations went into getting him to sign!

He might not be a "massive" signing for fax or leigh but I think if ya look at the situation of our club, I think its massive for us.

I am not saying anything against the time and effort put into obtaining the signing but I guess we will have to agree to disagree, as I stand by my original statement of it being a good signing but not a massive one.

As a one off "PLOY" it may have worked to increase interest but it means in future any such statements will be viewed with a degree of scepticism (to say the least).

I am not saying anything against the time and effort put into obtaining the signing but I guess we will have to agree to disagree, as I stand by my original statement of it being a good signing but not a massive one.

As a one off "PLOY" it may have worked to increase interest but it means in future any such statements will be viewed with a degree of scepticism (to say the least).

maybe by you mike.

I guess its all about perspective. an awful lot of people think that dom is a massive signing for the club, they just choose not to write it on here.

Im interested in how you would generate interest in our FB page?

for gods sake stop bickering and support the bloody club guys.

Time will tell if its was a massive signing or not ... give the guy a chance and lets hope it is as described.

Keep up the good work murph this sort of signing could actually make the club money in a couple of seasons young lad good pedigree hungry to get to the top of the game.people mention McGillivray,wardle,Hughes,mossop,walker,and nobody really knew these players until they graced there presence at craven park and there not doing too bad for themselves now.

agree with you john. murph your doing a great job and any signing is massive for the club wether its a new face or liam Harrison or big dawson from millom. two months ago we could have been looking at life in div 2 and the likes of players we have now got wouldn't have entertained a knock on the door from barrow. keep up the good work lads.

When you say an awful lot of people how many have you personally spoke to

I rest my case!

its like every tiny minuets details is scrutinised and pulled apart, and rubbished.

Ive got specific jobs that people can help with, these jobs will make money for the club and other jobs will raise the profile of the club, some take a little time some take a little more. Who wants to help me?????

I rest my case!

its like every tiny minuets details is scrutinised and pulled apart, and rubbished.

Ive got specific jobs that people can help with, these jobs will make money for the club and other jobs will raise the profile of the club, some take a little time some take a little more. Who wants to help me?????

Not going to get into an argument.

But it looks like Murph is going to raise his profile by going on Strictly Come Dancing performing a tiny Minuet! :biggrin:

Not going to get into an argument.

But it looks like Murph is going to raise his profile by going on Strictly Come Dancing performing a tiny Minuet! :biggrin:

Thank u for proving this point by pointing out and pulling apart a predictive txt mistake!!

So these jobs?

Who actually wants to help?

PM me on here!

When you say an awful lot of people how many have you personally spoke to

Maybe they were just AWFUL people :shout:

U didn't say u were actually gonna help!

So for the 3rd time how many people, or was this just a another load of waffle Murph, you are a dj so i suppose you are good at waffling!!

I personally speak to 2 dozen people everyday who wanna talk about the rugby, and I've never spoke to anyone who thinks that a dom, a player with super league experience is not a massive signing for our club.

Rooster are u gonna help me help the club?

24 different people each day? That's good going pal unless you work in a call centre! I help the club with each home game and lottery, that's all I can manage

don't bite murph. the amount of ###### that goes on this site. keep it professional . this club imo has always lagged behind in the" high tec" world of social media. as people have said they all don't buy an evening mail and keep preachin the gospel and you will convert a few. lol

24 different people each day? That's good going pal unless you work in a call centre! I help the club with each home game and lottery, that's all I can manage

No good for the game people like you, that's why Rugby League doesn't progress and stuck in the past.