Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Benefit sanction targets

102 posts in this topic

Anyone who thinks benefit cheating is not rife does not know what they are talking about, in fact they simply do not have a clue.

So the figures are incorrect then Johnoco? I bet we all pay out more in raised car insurance due to underage drivers, fraudulent claims and ambulance chasing claims groups than we do in tax to cover benefit cheats.

I don't have the stats, but the 0.7% figure you seem to have an issue with. Why is this?

So the figures are incorrect then Johnoco? I bet we all pay out more in raised car insurance due to underage drivers, fraudulent claims and ambulance chasing claims groups than we do in tax to cover benefit cheats.

I don't have the stats, but the 0.7% figure you seem to have an issue with. Why is this?

Because I know a hell of a lot of people on the fiddle to one degree or another. Some are just greedy but some are forced to do it. Either way it is rife.

Nb this ranges from people earning on the side to claiming housing benefit when partners live there. ..and various points in between.

Because I know a hell of a lot of people on the fiddle to one degree or another. Some are just greedy but some are forced to do it. Either way it is rife.

Nb this ranges from people earning on the side to claiming housing benefit when partners live there. ..and various points in between.

As a good upstanding member if the community what steps have you taken to remedy this?

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

there you go john  get it sorted

it's all confidential and you'll be doing your bit to sort these despicable people who makee you so angry.

I'd be interested to know the outcome

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

there you go john get it sorted

it's all confidential and you'll be doing your bit to sort these despicable people who makee you so angry.

I'd be interested to know the outcome

Who says I am angry about it? I am just reporting what goes on. I couldn't give a monkeys if I am honest.

Who says I am angry about it? I am just reporting what goes on. I couldn't give a monkeys if I am honest.

I see

ehy did you feel the need to 'report what goes on' if you don't give a monkeys?

why not report what goes on to the people who can actually do something about it? It takes the same ammount of effort as it does to post on a forum and you will be doing something to sort ther problem

I see

ehy did you feel the need to 'report what goes on' if you don't give a monkeys?

why not report what goes on to the people who can actually do something about it? It takes the same ammount of effort as it does to post on a forum and you will be doing something to sort ther problem

Because gingerjon said benefit fraud was not a big problem. I argue that it is. This is because the government figures only include the stuff they know about, there are millions of people that they don't know about on one scam or another. The government for instance would have us believe that there are only 1.3 million unemployed.

And if you think I am going round the neighbourhood reporting everyone not being 100% legit, well lol is all I can say.

Because gingerjon said benefit fraud was not a big problem. I argue that it is. This is because the government figures only include the stuff they know about, there are millions of people that they don't know about on one scam or another. The government for instance would have us believe that there are only 1.3 million unemployed.

And if you think I am going round the neighbourhood reporting everyone not being 100% legit, well lol is all I can say.

you wont be going round the neighbourhood since you already know about these people and the service is confidential, and you will be helping to solve what you say is a 'big problem'

you wont be going round the neighbourhood since you already know about these people and the service is confidential, and you will be helping to solve what you say is a 'big problem'

You seem really bothered about it, you report them. I aren't that arsed about it

You seem really bothered about it, you report them. I aren't that arsed about it

I haven't expressed concern about it: you have. I just suggested a way of dealing with it

I don't know any benefit cheats anyway 

Maybe given the alarming levels of benefit fraud it would save time for Johnoco to report those he knows to be NOT cheating.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by MI5 as he seems to know everyone and what they're all up to!

Maybe given the alarming levels of benefit fraud it would save time for Johnoco to report those he knows to be NOT cheating.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by MI5 as he seems to know everyone and what they're all up to!

Whatevs!

I just don't live in well to do areas like you two.

In fact you sound like a rich tory mp claiming that poverty does not exist because everyone on his street is doing well.

Whatevs!

I just don't live in well to do areas like you two.

In fact you sound like a rich tory mp claiming that poverty does not exist because everyone on his street is doing well.

Well to do! Lol! You're funny!

Everyone in York is loaded.

They are all probably fiddling the benefit system then.

They are all probably fiddling the benefit system then.

They have no need. Check out the property prices - its like millionaires row. Even the tramps drive BMWs in York.

They have no need. Check out the property prices - its like millionaires row. Even the tramps drive BMWs in York.

Don't tramps everywhere drive those rotboxes?

if you know of any benefit cheats, it is your duty to report them on line or by phone 0800 854440

if you know of any benefit cheats, it is your duty to report them on line or by phone 0800 854440

An 0800 number! Try and enquire about why your benefit hasn't been paid, it's an 0845 number.

of course it should be free to the caller, though it will cost the taxpayer, which is OK as it spreads the cost more widely.  I just wondered which champion of the poor came up with the idea and when they did it.