Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Benefit sanction targets

102 posts in this topic

Public sector  jobsworths. One of the few  enduring British traditions that actually needs changing.

Or abusing their unopposed power to achieve the supposedly non-existent targets mentioned in the OP. 

The thing that also occurs to me is that, IMO, it will be the likes of you or I that will cop for this sort of stuff because I suspect we aren't the sort of people to wrap a chair around the job centre birks head for holding back weeks of money from us. :rolleyes: 

Have you told your Dad?

The Archdeacon was very understanding.

I would have thought that, essentially, modern British society has its roots from the days when we broke free of being ruled as a minor dominion of France.

The French would also be White Christian in your grouping?

The French would also be White Christian in your grouping?

True but they would be White Christian French

We are White Christian British

See also

White Christian Canadians

White Christian Australians

White Christian Germans

White Christian Dutch

White Christian Scandinavians

White Christian Russians

White Christian Greeks

White Christian Italians

Each has evolved different national characteristics, but core social values remain  at the  current time. No one has a perfect history, least of all the British.

True but they would be White Christian French

We are White Christian British

See also

White Christian Canadians

White Christian Australians

White Christian Germans

White Christian Dutch

White Christian Scandinavians

White Christian Russians

White Christian Greeks

White Christian Italians

Each has evolved different national characteristics, but core social values remain  at the  current time. No one has a perfect history, least of all the British.

This is going to be a very long form.

But also, worth noting, that White Christians (Anglican) (British) are very different from White Christian (Orthodox) (Russian).  Virtually no shared values at all.

White christian.

that let's me out I'm atheist

the central and eastern european immigrants who are 'flooding our overcrowded shores'  have a strong culture of christianity so presumably they are traditionally british

Are religion and ethnicity inextricably linked?

I'm an atheist; so, it  would appear is Jon. However, our mores are derived from a historic Christian background. I don't think any of the major religions is more than 3000 years old.

Three things that the Christian Church does (currently) are:

- to let its descendant people not subscribe to it

- to accept the equality of other religions

- to actively implement charity work to help people of other religions

I appreciate that.

I'm an atheist; so, it  would appear is Jon. However, our mores are derived from a historic Christian background. I don't think any of the major religions is more than 3000 years old.

I appreciate that.

But that's very much *some* Christian churches and *some* Christians within them.  There are also some in other faiths who do the same.

I am, however, an atheist and would describe myself as White Humanist (British) on your form.

I think we should all get little symbols to wear on our clothes so people who are obsessed with ethnicity and religious background can avoid feeling threatened.

I'm an atheist; so, it would appear is Jon. However, our mores are derived from a historic Christian background. I don't think any of the major religions is more than 3000 years old.

I appreciate that.

Lots of those things predate christianity.

They also apply more or less to each and every religion.

I'm struggling to work out what all this has to do with the DWP indiscriminately sanctioning people to achieve targets they insist don't exist but the OP suggests do. :unsure:

Produce some figures that say otherwise.

If you look back in this thread you will see that WearyRhino has produced figures, rather than anecdotes.

However, our mores are derived from a historic Christian background.

No. On the contrary, Christianity derives it's mores from the cultures in which it predominates. This is why there are many variants, orthodoxies and national churches.

Either way, we follow a code outlined in judaic scripture.

Who is this 'we' you speak of?

I don't follow that code

What would become if me if you had your way? According to you I'm not even properly British

Either way, we follow a code outlined in judaic scripture.

No we don't.

What would become if me if you had your way? According to you I'm not even properly British

Tell the truth, I'm not really that bothered.

So did I.

http://blogs.channel...rspective/15796

Now you produce some.

Oh so I can only form an argument if I have personally produced some figures. Sorry but I'm not a demographer, so I can't personally produce figures for this topic. However I would normally use other people's research, but since that isn't allowed then I can't help you.

You accused me of only producing anecdotal evidence, not hard facts. It was actually me that introduced hard facts to this thread, and I pointed this out. No hard feelings.

If you haven't got any hard facts, I'll accept anecdotal evidence from you. I trust you to be telling the truth, the same as I have always done.

Anyone who thinks benefit cheating is not rife does not know what they are talking about, in fact they simply do not have a clue.

I don't think that 'benefit cheat is rife' is the issue here. The issue is overall cost, yes it is stealing for us, but then again so is petty theft, 'whiplash' insurance claims etc. All ultimately cost us, either as a consumer or a tax payer.

The issue is to put this into proportion, yes we could (and should) employ more investigators and chase these up, but then we get into an economic arguement, would you approve of an expanded public sector to pursue this final fraction of one percent of the the welfare budget.