Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wellsy4HullFC

Steve Prescott

144 posts in this topic

Truly speechless when I heard the news. Sometimes the word legend is overused, but not in Steve Prescott's case. RIP.  

I feel desperately sad today. Steve Prescott faced adversity with such a good humour and put others before himself. An astonishing man.

Very nice tribute just paid to him on the BBC's coverage of the England-Fiji game. Very nice words spoken in particular by Jon Wilkin, who looked devastated.

This news makes it difficult to concentrate on the match.

In amongst all of these richly deserved tributes to Steve Prescott the man, as rugby fans I think that we should also pay tribute to a very handy player. 

Very sad news. So young. Such an inspirational figure. He leaves behind so many great memories. RIP Steve Prescott.

I feel desperately sad today. Steve Prescott faced adversity with such a good humour and put others before himself. An astonishing man.

Very nice tribute just paid to him on the BBC's coverage of the England-Fiji game. Very nice words spoken in particular by Jon Wilkin, who looked devastated.

This news makes it difficult to concentrate on the match.

Yes, was quite moving the tribute from people who have obviously played with him and know him and were clearly very upset.

Rest in peace Steve a wonderful servant to the game, family and life. I thank you for your courage and inspiration something we could all need more of at times.

I hope this can bring the RL family together to ensure your family is provided for in the future.

I honestly thought he'd keep going forever, every time you heard something about him, he was doing another amazing fund-raising feat.....he just seemed to simply refuse to let it beat him.....those who knew him must feel honoured to have done so. RIP steve, the courage and selflessness you showed will inspire for generations

Although its almost been an inevitability it still very sad and upsetting. Its incredible that he went 7 years beyond his expected survival time, a true RL legend in every sense of the word.

Life just isn't fair sometimes.

R.I.P. Steve, there won't be another like you around any time soon.

Can't add to what's already posted. R.I.P owd lad!

Amazing to see the crowd break into spontaneous applause then, I don't mind admitting it brought a tear to my eyes.

Amazing to see the crowd break into spontaneous applause then, I don't mind admitting it brought a tear to my eyes.

But a minutes silence was requested.

Truly great man, and a huge loss to the RL family.

RIP Steve

R.I.P Steve what a brave courages bloke you was, a true legend.

My deepest heartfelt sympathies goes out to steve's family & friends.

May the angels take good care of you steve

:angel:

dont really think this is something to complain about. The silence followed by applause was a moving tribute.

Absolutely gutted.

Great player, fine fullback and a phenomenal human.

Gave a master class in how to carry yourself through adversity with humility, dignity and courage.

Will be sadly missed.

There is no better way of summing up the kind of person steve Prescott was: thankyou.

Steve simply must be commemorated in perpetuity in rugby league in some significant way

I'm not getting into it with you.

RIP Steve, a truly inspirational man. I hope the rugby league community continues to raise money in your name to continue the amazing work you started

“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them”  william Shakespeare. RIP Steve