Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dibbley

Vossy quotes

121 posts in this topic

His humour is infectious and there is a warmth and enjoyment to his commentary that makes it easy to listen to.

"Lets call him Wellington Albert the fourth......"

I love this thread by the way, Ive missed some of these comments but they are all hilarious. As others have pointed out, he gets them in without detracting from the game and always focuses on the positive. He brings a genuine enthusiasm to the game, whether its a tight game or a 50 point blow out, that draws you in and you cant stop watching.

Might not be quite right, but in the Tonga game yesterday, (one of) their big lads got a nose bleed and they shoved two wads of wrapping up his nose

"If you see him in the pub in town tonight, buy him a pint, you'll not have any problem recognising him"

How many curries has he had this week?  I think we should be told, oh hang on we have.

Makes me glad I don't have to share a commentary booth with him put it that way.  :bad:

If you follow him on twitter by the way, there's even more entertainment to be had!

in the NZ v samoa game "when masoe and kasiano come together they are the size of a small country"

" the players are going in for a cuddle or as some of us call it a scrum"

Ireland v Australia!

On Saturday in Ireland.

" Phil Bentham's just given a Differential penalty "

" You Bl**dy beauty Mr Bentham" !!

Without wanting to create a big love-in, he has been brilliant so far. He even made Halifax sound like a great place to be.

If he can do that, then he could make London v Salford on a Monday night sound better than a Polish sausage from the 3 Pigeons.

Whilst I have really liked him, I made the similar point on the Brian Noble thread - why do Rugby League commentators have to try and be funny?

Apart from Ray French, who is a terrible commentator, we have always had commentators who play it for laughs.

Why can't we get sensible commentators with intellectual analysis.

Voss has been perfect for the World Cup - it is like he is on tour and is loving it and his enthusiasm and passion is clearly there, I'm not sure whether this would work twice a week in the regular season.

On Saturday in Ireland.

" Phil Bentham's just given a Differential penalty "

" You Bl**dy beauty Mr Bentham" !!

Was that the scrum penalty? Vossy then went on to say it was like 1972 all over again and how brilliant it was!

Why can't we get sensible commentators with intellectual analysis.

No one can analyse Silverwood's decisions intellectually. As for Ganson, you'd have been better off with someone with a background in improv theatre.

I think it was about Mose Masoe, he said something like "he's only made 11 tackles during the match, but every one's registered on the Richter Scale"

Without wanting to create a big love-in, he has been brilliant so far. He even made Halifax sound like a great place to be.

If he can do that, then he could make London v Salford on a Monday night sound better than a Polish sausage from the 3 Pigeons.

there's not much that's better than a sausage from the pigs

there's not much that's better than a sausage from the pigs

The best food in West Yorkshire is one of those carry out chickens from on Leeds Road in Huddersfield near Healey Mill. That sir is a fact and Voss has missed out big time.

Think the count was up to 4 curries last night!

Whilst I have really liked him, I made the similar point on the Brian Noble thread - why do Rugby League commentators have to try and be funny?

Who says he is trying?  This maybe his natural self and just perhaps he is funny in all areas of his life.  He certainly comes across as natural, just making off the cuff statements dead pan.  Sounds like this might just be who he is and that is why he is successful in his field.