Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

Dr Who trailer

38 posts in this topic

Finally we get the comic con trailer!

I'm geeky enough to admit I'm quite excited.

Though I'm also old enough now to suspect I'm going to be disappointed after the event.

As a child of the Tom Baker era, Doctor Who seems awfully portentious and self-regarding these days.

As a child of the Tom Baker era, Doctor Who seems awfully portentious and self-regarding these days.

That'll be you banned then. Nice knowing you  :sleep:

That'll be you banned then. Nice knowing you  :sleep:

Damn! Knew I should have logged in as a sockpuppet.

The sets don't wobble as much though. ;)

And they've just released the prequel for the Day of the Doctor, called The Night of the Doctor

OK now that WASN'T the Doctor I was expecting!!!!!

Unexpected indeed! Credit to the people involved in the production for keeping it under wraps and not leaking it in advance.

Unexpected indeed! Credit to the people involved in the production for keeping it under wraps and not leaking it in advance.

they showed  john hurt at the end of the last series so hardly kept under wraps.

they showed  john hurt at the end of the last series so hardly kept under wraps.

I was referring to the unheralded appearance of Paul McGann.

Indeed it was the appearance of McGann that surprised me too! (Hence paraphrasing his first line "Not the doctor you were expecting".

A couple of things to note about the night of the doctor. When he regenerates in to John Hurt (can't bring myself to say War Doctor) he's fairly young. Maybe not Alien young but maybe Spaceballs young. Since the Doctor ages quite slowly (isn't Matt Smiths Doctor supposed to have been around for over 100 years if I remember from the Impossible Astronaut) then the time war has last a very long time.

It was also nice for them to make the 8th Doctors radio plays (or whatever they are) canon by having him recite the names of his companions. It's a shame though because in many ways I'd have liked to have seen McGann's Doctor in a few more episodes.

an adventure in space and time, the origins of DR WHO. now on bbc 2

Feck doctor feckin who

There I've said it

could watch it and quite enjoy it before the "am I bovvered" woman spoiled it, then that kid (matt smith? )took over and overacted it to death, don't bovver with it at all now.

Did anyone see that boring piece of ###### with Mr.Smug smiley Pro Cox with a celeb audience.

Feck doctor feckin who

There I've said it

When i heard radioheads first album i said it was ######.

I'm guessing John's not going to get past the Google front page today  :D

I'm guessing John's not going to get past the Google front page today  :D

Just seen it! :)

an adventure in space and time, the origins of DR WHO. now on bbc 2

I thought that was excellent. Perfect bit of drama for Doctor Who nerds like me, but also a broad enough story about '60s TV and human frailty too for those non-Who fans open minded enough to have watched it (won't find many of those on here of course  :onthequiet:  ).

David Bradley was spot on as William Hartnell and the supporting cast were great too, as was the attention to detail with old sets and costumes.

I thought that was excellent. Perfect bit of drama for Doctor Who nerds like me, but also a broad enough story about '60s TV and human frailty too for those non-Who fans open minded enough to have watched it (won't find many of those on here of course  :onthequiet:  ).

David Bradley was spot on as William Hartnell and the supporting cast were great too, as was the attention to detail with old sets and costumes.

That was very good indeed.

Who knew John Pertwee had a recording career too?

Really loving the build up to this. I thought Brian Cox was great last week, and the other Brian Cox was good last night too!

Going to miss the show tomorrow night, because I'll be in the pub after Wembley. I shall make a nice space in the diary on Sunday and sit down to enjoy it.

When i heard radioheads first album i said it was ######.

Clearly a person of taste and discernment

As well as someone with the will to live

Result

Clearly a person of taste and discernment

As well as someone with the will to live

Result

and then i heard the next album and all was good and i re listened the first album and this was good as well.