Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

Dr Who trailer

38 posts in this topic

Just a suggestion. If you don't like Dr Who, don't watch it or any programmes associated with it - there are hundreds of other entertainment channels available, DVDs and actual real life that can act as a substitute.

It's how I cope with the fact that X factor exists.

Just a suggestion. If you don't like Dr Who, don't watch it or any programmes associated with it - there are hundreds of other entertainment channels available, DVDs and actual real life that can act as a substitute.

It's how I cope with the fact that X factor exists.

Agree.

Why rain on someone else's parade? Never could see the point in that.

And Doctor Who smashed the X Factor in the TV ratings last night! :)

I am going watch it again and more sober as was in a foul mood after the Rugby League and Boxing result's.

At least it beat the X-Factor which is nice.

I imagine there will be a barrage of emails from chippy Torchwood fans about the excessive airtime the BBC has given to Dr Who.

Still, at least it's over with now and it grabbed my attention about as much as the Sick Nations did.

I imagine there will be a barrage of emails from chippy Torchwood fans about the excessive airtime the BBC has given to Dr Who.

Still, at least it's over with now and it grabbed my attention about as much as the Sick Nations did.

The last Torchwood was a long winded boring glitzy drawn out affair and I thought I was watching E.R.

But I think there should be another spin off with Madame Vastra the Silurian and her girlfriend Jenny alongside Strax the Sontaran.

Naughty old Tom Baker, complaining in an interview a few days ago about not being invited to take part! :biggrin:

I thought it was great, Dr Who at its best. Funny, clever, involving, great guest appearances, and it's set the show up nicely for a long time to come.

Naughty old Tom Baker, complaining in an interview a few days ago about not being invited to take part! :biggrin:

I bet he was a hoot to work with. Either that, or a (insert sweary word of choice) nightmare. I was surprised to see him, given that he refused to join in the 20th anniversary. Even William Hartnell appeared in that, and he was dead. :)

I bet he was a hoot to work with. Either that, or a (insert sweary word of choice) nightmare. I was surprised to see him, given that he refused to join in the 20th anniversary. Even William Hartnell appeared in that, and he was dead. :)

If you haven't read Tom's autobiography, stick it on your Christmas list. One hell of a read.

He came to my school once, during his 'Doctor Who' days, long scarf and all. I was sick that day and never got to meet him. :( 

I'd like to recommend a watch of 'The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot' for anyone who thinks the show takes itself too seriously these days, or anyone who is/was a fan of the classic series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03lv3mj

Written, directed and starring Peter Davison, with other ex-Doctors Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy sending themselves up brilliantly, with loads of guest cameos including Olivia 'I'm usually in everything' Colman and Sir Ian 'Gandalf' McKellen.

Tis very funny. Might even cheer up a few TRL grumps. ;)