Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldcoaster

11/11/13 - World Cup Match 21: France v Samoa

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

261 posts in this topic

Monsters, all of them! I'd be chuffing p-ing myself if I was an outsider who strayed inside that dressing room.

Looked great!

I just watched the game. I honestly can't think of any time when any of those incidents called for send offs in the past. I felt sorry for the French, they were getting bullied, and if it eventuates, I can't wait for Australia to play Samoa, but I was ok with the decisions.

The hits were late, with the shoulder and at least one was into the face. 

We have seen red cards for challenges like that.

Monsters, all of them! I'd be chuffing p-ing myself if I was an outsider who strayed inside that dressing room.

Looked great!

I'd give it 15 seconds before they forced you to get your shirt if and join in maximum.

We have seen red cards for challenges like that.

+1

When it is Once, i understand to put only on report the guy, but when it appears Four times, i feel the ref is not in the game.

At nothern sol.. This me, not trying to act the tough guy.. But some guys on here moaning and calling the samoan playerz a bunch of thugs.. Thug would eye gouge.. Or use the elbow to the head.. These tackles would have been okay. If the player had the ball.. But one or two times.. The tackle if real time was like.. 2 seconds late.. Putting it on report. Is the best thing to do.. Thing was.. France was so bad they couldnt score a try in a 20 to 10 penalty count.. It should have been france.. 22 samoa 6.. I wish the aussies, kiwis or england do all the cheap shots you like.. Cause.. Your lose games.. Not win it.

Hitting the guy late after a pass is hardly to be dismissed as "just a big hit".

Just got back to St Pancras on the Eurostar to see that a couple of Samoans have been banned for the Fiji game. No surprise. Just a shame that the ref didn't do his job properly last night.

It's quite a long way to Perpignan by train! http://t.co/BRjIE0Jx2G

It was sunny in Perpignan this morning, don't suppose it'll be quite like that in Wakey tomorrow morning!

He does in a funny way make some valid points. It's a tough game, it's about been tougher than your opponent and some teams will use intimidation tactics. Samoa were physical and tried to bully the French, the ref may have copped out putting incidents on report but in the main infingements on the rules were penalised.

I can see his point and everyone is entitiled to his opinion. It's a fast game and the ref has to watch 26 players moving at speed. perhaps his touch judges should have helped him out more.

If you can hit a player hard, even if it is afraction late and make him think twice about running at you again then half the job done.

A fraction late, what like 99/100ths.

I hope the ref has been banned too, because it has just been unfair, and Samoa with 12 guys after 25 minutes, the result should have been distinct.

Poor rugby league...............That is what a lot of french thinks.

More over, as you know in France, all the national newspapers and medias are Pro rugby Union, and they are very pleased to show how violent should be rugby league, and how bad is the french team (they lost 3 of their 4 games). It is a pity because the volunteers that tried to make evetns with the two games in France worked hard (and managed to reach two sold out game).

I hope the ref has been banned too, because it has just been unfair, and Samoa with 12 guys after 25 minutes, the result should have been distinct.

Poor rugby league...............That is what a lot of french thinks.

More over, as you know in France, all the national newspapers and medias are Pro rugby Union, and they are very pleased to show how violent should be rugby league, and how bad is the french team (they lost 3 of their 4 games). It is a pity because the volunteers that tried to make evetns with the two games in France worked hard (and managed to reach two sold out game).

Are you saying this is what the French media ACTUALLY have done after this game?

Are you saying this is what the French media ACTUALLY have done after this game?

Yes, and in France, for once, some national media like "le Monde", "le Figaro" or the TV "TF1" have spoken about rugby league and the world cup. And sports media "léquipe" or others popular blogs like "rue89" have followed this world cup. And they presented rugy league game as a fast and pleasant game.

But now, the press article after the game against Samoa insists about "The attacks of the Samoan" (see l'équipe), the violence of this game.