Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gingerjon

The Good Tory writes ...

58 posts in this topic

You're blaming thatcher for brown bailing out the banks? Wow. That's a leap.

No I'm blaming Thatcher for the system that went bust in 2008 and had to be rescued. Thatcher was an absolute disaster for our country any way that you look at her and as time goes on and the spin fades she will be seen as such. Major spent most of his premiership clearing up the mess she'd made and lost the '97 election badly as a consequence. Blair could have won that election without slavishly following the Thatcher creed, but he didn't and 2008 was the eventual result.

No I'm blaming Thatcher for the system that went bust in 2008 and had to be rescued. Thatcher was an absolute disaster for our country any way that you look at her and as time goes on and the spin fades she will be seen as such. Major spent most of his premiership clearing up the mess she'd made and lost the '97 election badly as a consequence. Blair could have won that election without slavishly following the Thatcher creed, but he didn't and 2008 was the eventual result.

Right on comrade…I hate Thatcher because she took my milk away when i was a nipper at nursery.

It's funny but was watching a show a while ago on BBC4 about Post Punk band's and it had Pauline Black from The Selecter saying "Punk happened at a time when the country was a mess in 1976" and then say's the same thing in 1979 when 2Tone started ?

Right on comrade…I hate Thatcher because she took my milk away when i was a nipper at nursery.

Ha Ha, I doubt it. Thatcher would have only been a kid herself when Troj was a nipper. :D 

Just to be clear, or hopefully if somebody can clear it up. I had milk at school free milk. Maggie was already on the throne by then and not minister for education or milk stealing, but I still got it. I can remember the silver foil caps that had been pecked at by blue #### if the milkman had left the crate uncovered.

Would this have new because my school or my local authority funded it? It's puzzled me for years.

Just to be clear, or hopefully if somebody can clear it up. I had milk at school free milk. Maggie was already on the throne by then and not minister for education or milk stealing, but I still got it. I can remember the silver foil caps that had been pecked at by blue #### if the milkman had left the crate uncovered.

Would this have new because my school or my local authority funded it? It's puzzled me for years.

Milk was gone by 1979 I think ?

I can remember the silver foil caps that had been pecked at by blue #### if the milkman had left the crate uncovered.

Sorry but this is a hilarious bit of swear filter overenthusiasm.

Milk was gone by 1979 I think ?

Yes, and that's my point.  I didn't start junior school until after then, and yet we had milk each morning in little 1/3 pint bottles.