Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

billy slater

126 posts in this topic

Can't access that at work. Give me a full Vossy style description :-) Does he put the guy on his harris?

The first punch by the other guy is a weak punch to Billy's head while Billy is sort of turning away.

Billy then gets a great punch right to the chin that knocks the guy right off balance. Can't tell if he hits the floor as the camera shot isn't wide enough. I wouldn't have fancied being on the end of it.

I understand the sentiment, but don't personally think the use of (as usual) is appropriate or anywhere near accurate.

I live a long way from a Rugby town so have to bow to your better knowledge and experience

However it just seems from reading the press that there are a lot of idiots about willing to have a pop at anyone remotely famous

Not in this case I hasten to add, he would not have known Billy from Adam.

If anyone watched Bouncers the other night you would have seen how alcohol makes some people think they are 10 men. The little chav, Dalton was giving it the big one then it showed him hit someone who wasn't expecting it and the did the old 'hold me back lads, I am going to him'.

These people are usually the first to go chelping to the Police when someone give them it back.

The first punch by the other guy is a weak punch to Billy's head while Billy is sort of turning away.

Billy then gets a great punch right to the chin that knocks the guy right off balance. Can't tell if he hits the floor as the camera shot isn't wide enough. I wouldn't have fancied being on the end of it.

The guys mates jump in or did Billy simply walk away.

If anyone watched Bouncers the other night you would have seen how alcohol makes some people think they are 10 men. The little chav, Dalton was giving it the big one then it showed him hit someone who wasn't expecting it and the did the old 'hold me back lads, I am going to him'.

These people are usually the first to go chelping to the Police when someone give them it back.

I was told many years ago , never get into a fight when drunk. Not that I went about getting into fights. But seems good advice to me.

The guys mates jump in or did Billy simply walk away.

Nothing much seemed to happen after that. No one jumped in. I don't think they wanted to. Next clip was of Billy and the bloke stood with the bouncer.

I think they should have held him for questioning for a couple of weeks. I'm fairly sure Inglis, Thurston and Cronk were involved too. Lock them all up!

I think they should have held him for questioning for a couple of weeks. I'm fairly sure Inglis, Thurston and Cronk were involved too. Lock them all up!

Won't matter to us if they are or not, but NZ might like that.

Fair play to Slater he was hit first and retaliated with one punch, which from the CCTV clip was all it needed!!!

So Slater puts his hands on the other guy's chest and taps him on the shoulder. Other guy doesn't take too kindly to this and pushes Slater in the side of his head. Slater then decks him.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. FWIW Slater looks pretty bevied up in that clip.

As for what his wife posted, I'd say it was a good job that woman was stood behind the bloke otherwise he could have quite easily ended up "King Hit" as the Aussies seem to call it.

Fair play to Slater he was hit first and retaliated with one punch, which from the CCTV clip was all it needed!!!

Just seen it and you can tell Slater is trying to calm the guy down or explain himself, then when the guy slaps him, Slater half turns his head as if to say ah sod this, have that.

I've not seen it, but one of the articles I read said "he could have been killed". Was this an overreaction?

I've not seen it, but one of the articles I read said "he could have been killed". Was this an overreaction?

Who Slater or the womble that started it?

Who Slater or the womble that started it?

Slater

Slater's wife Nicole made an emotional post on Instagram on Monday, saying the player could have been killed in the incident.

"If he had king hit him and killed him I would have to raise my two kids alone," she wrote.

Slater

Yeah just seen Slaters wife is saying he could've been killed, and the media calling it a "king hit" which I had to google. But if anyone delivered a king hit it was Slater. The punch form the other guy was a bit soft, or looked it. Slater delivered a pretty solid punch back.

Slater's wife was completely over the top in her reaction.

The bloke he hit looked well tanked up.. hitting him with a feather would have probably knocked him over!.. but he deserved a dig for slapping Slater in the way that he did, and without any cause.

Reminds me of the Alex Ferguson "Van Persie could've been killed" when he had the ball kicked at his head.

No she wasn't.

She is thousands of miles away and the frequency of people being killed,in this country,as a result of a single punch is high - particularly where alcohol is involved

and when the punch is delivered in the early hours of the morning.

Try a Freedom of Information request.

Wish it was Thurston.

how immature.......

No she wasn't.

She is thousands of miles away and the frequency of people being killed,in this country,as a result of a single punch is high - particularly where alcohol is involved

and when the punch is delivered in the early hours of the morning.

Try a Freedom of Information request.

yes she was.

She may as well said if he had been stabbed he could have died.

Mrs Slater said "IF the punch was a king pin hit" not that "it was a king pin hit". There have been a number of cases where one punch has sadly killed somebody

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-who-killed-off-duty-police-5758169

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/09/11/11/34/vic-man-jailed-for-one-punch-killing

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-20077324.html

Maybe Mrs Slater was OTT, but I believe her father was killed in such an incident and after hearing what happened was obviously very upset and shocked. People saying Billy should not be out should really wind their neck in. Why is it OK for everybody else to go out and enjoy themselves but sportsmen not? 5 weeks away from home and the guys are not allowed to go for drinks. And most people aged around 30 will stay out until the early morning. The Kangeroos had a day off and the players allowed to be "normal" people and have a good time.

Mrs Slater said "IF the punch was a king pin hit" not that "it was a king pin hit". There have been a number of cases where one punch has sadly killed somebody

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-who-killed-off-duty-police-5758169

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/09/11/11/34/vic-man-jailed-for-one-punch-killing

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-20077324.html

S

Maybe Mrs Slater was OTT, but I believe her father was killed in such an incident and after hearing what happened was obviously very upset and shocked. People saying Billy should not be out should really wind their neck in. Why is it OK for everybody else to go out and enjoy themselves but sportsmen not? 5 weeks away from home and the guys are not allowed to go for drinks. And most people aged around 30 will stay out until the early morning. The Kangeroos had a day off and the players allowed to be "normal" people and have a good time.

So equally the guy slater actually DID king hit could also have been killed?

While I don't dispute it is fine for players to have a few post game drinks and to relax I do think being out till almost 3am is a bit late mid tournament. I'd also say what was he doing wandering around at that hour alone? I always thought there was a spirit of togetherness while touring? If I were on the other side of the world in a strange city there's no way I'd be letting a mate of mine go off alone knowing he'd had one too many.