Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

billy slater

126 posts in this topic

I am with you.

Don't pander to Bullies and ######witts, it feeds them.

You could also say you're lowering yourself to their level by acting in the same way as them.

You could also say you're lowering yourself to their level by acting in the same way as them.

No,

Bullies cause fights and pick on people that they think they can stand over.

People that stand up for themselves and will not be bullied make bully's think twice.

If a thug or Bully is not challenged or stood up to, where will things end up?

Thugs and Bullys get their way.

Not really, you only lower yourself to their level if you do the same as them, ie throw the first punch/slap.

So then is the guy who threw the first one allowed to retaliate after being punched? That's how these things escalate IMO it takes the bigger man to wake away and all that

I guess I'm just a lover not a fighter :-)

I don't have an issue at all, nightclub scuffle that's it but to suggest Slater had no choice but to smack him one is just stupid.

the last thing I am is stupid! if a bully hits you then you hit him back. end of. saying he didn't have a choice, maybe was a poor phrase to use. yes he could of been a weak person and let the bully carry on the attack. so ye he had two choices, and I know which I would take. he took the legal and morally correct one!

the last thing I am is stupid! if a bully hits you then you hit him back. end of. saying he didn't have a choice, maybe was a poor phrase to use. yes he could of been a weak person and let the bully carry on the attack. so ye he had two choices, and I know which I would take. he took the legal and morally correct one!

Would it have been legal if he had killed him like slaters missus was worried about where punches are concerned?

I didn't actually call you stupid but we'll have to agree to disagree, I don't always think punching someone square in the face is the moral way to go about things. And, it's not end of we have differing opinions that's all.

I don't have an issue at all, nightclub scuffle that's it but to suggest Slater had no choice but to smack him one is just stupid.

I agree.

Slater could have just waited in the queue, same as everyone else, instead of trying to jump the queue which is apparently what triggered the slap in the first place.

I agree.

Slater could have just waited in the queue, same as everyone else, instead of trying to jump the queue which is apparently what triggered the slap in the first place.

so for jumping a queue you deserve a smack In the face?

Would it have been legal if he had killed him like slaters missus was worried about where punches are concerned?

I didn't actually call you stupid but we'll have to agree to disagree, I don't always think punching someone square in the face is the moral way to go about things. And, it's not end of we have differing opinions that's all.

yes I believe it would still be legal, it was self defence and not over the top. he used reasonable force. yes we can agree to disagree, people are entitled to an opinion.

so for jumping a queue you deserve a smack In the face?

It depends how you jump it I guess!

But I wouldn't say so no.  However, had he NOT jumped the queue he wouldn't have received a smack in the face just as if the guy hadn't smacked Slater in the face, he wouldn't have received a punch to the head in return, and so it goes on ...

Ultimately, Slater chose out of drunkneness, arrogance or whatever to ignore our little cultural norm and barge in.  If he'd shown some respect then maybe he would have received some in return.

He wasn't jumping the queue. He was asking the bouncer if he could nip inside and get his jacket...

He wasn't jumping the queue. He was asking the bouncer if he could nip inside and get his jacket...

So far as I can gather, everyone else was waiting to get inside as well. 

That has been pointed out to Saintslass but she would rather ignore it and just keep the hate Slater spin going.

So far as I can gather, everyone else was waiting to get inside as well. 

But everyone else hadn't lost their jacket. The idea of queuing for x amount of time to spend 60 seconds in an establishment grabbing your coat, without first asking the bouncers if you could go into get it without waiting around in the cold, makes no sense.

But everyone else hadn't lost their jacket. The idea of queuing for x amount of time to spend 60 seconds in an establishment grabbing your coat, without first asking the bouncers if you could go into get it without waiting around in the cold, makes no sense.

Did the drunk guy know slater had left his jacket? Your looking at footage without sound.

Did the drunk guy know slater had left his jacket? Your looking at footage without sound.

If this were Sinfield you'd be calling for him to get an OBE and his attacker a five stretch.

If he had of killed him it wouldn't of been legal, as he would of used excessive force which means he can't have self defence.

Slater retaliated within a second of being punched and was evidently trying to defend himself. If he had punched him numerous amount of times afterwards or tried to punch him when the threat was gone then he would of also potentially of been punished. Why the guy attacked Slater in the first place is irrelevant to what Slater does.

That's how it would be looked at legally, not going to state my opinion about it morally because I wasn't there and you can't make much from the CCTV without the sound.

If this were Sinfield you'd be calling for him to get an OBE and his attacker a five stretch.

Grow up

Grow up

You really shouldn't bite like that.....

Sir Kevin would have either:

A. Used his amazing leadership skills to defuse the situation.

B. Walked away (his now famous lack of pace preventing him from running away).

C. Started a free for all and gone in 3rd or 4th man to maintain his legendary defensive reputation.

D. Thrown the offending coat on the floor and getting all the players he was out with to dance round it prompting the resident DJ to say "he clearly is the worst dancer in the squad but its worth him being here just for the way he led the team around the parka...."

You really shouldn't bite like that.....

Sir Kevin would have either:

A. Used his amazing leadership skills to defuse the situation.

B. Walked away (his now famous lack of pace preventing him from running away).

C. Started a free for all and gone in 3rd or 4th man to maintain his legendary defensive reputation.

D. Thrown the offending coat on the floor and getting all the players he was out with to dance round it prompting the resident DJ to say "he clearly is the worst dancer in the squad but its worth him being here just for the way he led the team around the parka...."

:D

I agree.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all in asking teh bounver if you can nip back inside to get a jacket you have left, probably an expensive jacket. I've done the same and bouncers never have a problem with it. Would you begrudge someone that. If you were in a queue and someone did teh same, would you tell them to get to the bakc of the queue or be reasonable and see they just want to nip in and retrieve there jacket before it got pinched? Or I presume you would slap them.

Well from the body language I'd say he is explaining somethng to teh guy and trying to difffuse the situation. Or perhaps as you say without sound we don;t know maybe he was saying "shut up you little scrote, I'm Bliiy Slater don't yer know, I don't have to queue, I'm telling the bouncer I'm going to get my jacket but actually I'm gonna go in and dance and chat up your women, and I can cos I'm Billy Slater I don't have to queue like you nobody's, hah hah you mug...ouch"

Looks the more likely situation. nasty Billy deserved what he got. Chrge him throw away the key. Arrogant Aussie get, all the same them lot.