Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wireagle

What is the World Cup telling us about UK Rugby League?

84 posts in this topic

RU championship crowds compare with RL Championship crowds, national leagues with C1, but RL Championship clubs have little to play for, imagine with something to play for again.

To move forward we must be united, evangelical and drive revenues. All are linked

So what is the World Cup telling us about rugby league?

And it seems to me that you want the want to be united behind your self serving ideas about what the sport needs

How about you get united behind what others think?

The World Cup has been a victory for all RL fans whatever their thoughts and opinions may be of how the game goes from here. I don't know anyone who hasn't enjoyed it apart from the wife as its dominated the TV screen for so long. As for the new proposed system being for the small minded, I would hardly class Hetherington, McManus et al as falling into that category.

So hetherington is no longer the devil incarnate there's a turn up for the books

As for enjoying the World Cup I well remember starting a thread on your clubs 'forum' about people's views and plans for the comp do you?

So hetherington is no longer the devil incarnate there's a turn up for the books

As for enjoying the World Cup I well remember starting a thread on your clubs 'forum' about people's views and plans for the comp do you?

Don't agree with some things Gary Hetherington stands for but he's never been small minded that's for sure. Don't you mean our club, you being a born and bred Featherstone lad Chris? Everyone has thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup, even Fev fans. It's done wonders for the game in this country and especially the smaller nations, we need to make the best of it now.

Don't agree with some things Gary Hetherington stands for but he's never been small minded that's for sure. Don't you mean our club, you being a born and bred Featherstone lad Chris? Everyone has thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup, even Fev fans. It's done wonders for the game in this country and especially the smaller nations, we need to make the best of it now.

It isn't my club

I never want to set foot in the place again

So do you think the people on your club forum who sneered and slung abuse about when asked about their plans and thoughts on the cup will have had a change of heart?

In addition to my other comments above I also think the world cup reinforces to me that it isn't essential to have a SL club in London.  International rugby league can give the exposure the game needs around London whilst the non SL or grass roots presence builds.   But even if it didn't providing could have international games or selected club games down there good exposure can be achieved.  With the right promotion I would have thought that a occasional SL game could be promoted down there and it doesn't have to be at Wembley - maybe take one game out of the magic week-end and promote it as part of the magic week-end but down there using technology to integrate it as part of the week-end.

There's nothing wrong with our game that money couldn't solve. Money for grass roots development.

If the Pennine League and its equivalents were strong, more young players would join and, over a ten year period, Superlague would get stronger.

The World Cup is telling us that we need to attract parents to fetch their kids to RL club training camps across the UK.

The Olympics are over and the economy is picking up. Now's the time to bang on the Ministry of Culture's door.

There's nothing wrong with our game that money couldn't solve. Money for grass roots development.

If the Pennine League and its equivalents were strong, more young players would join and, over a ten year period, Superlague would get stronger.

The World Cup is telling us that we need to attract parents to fetch their kids to RL club training camps across the UK.

The Olympics are over and the economy is picking up. Now's the time to bang on the Ministry of Culture's door.

Well that is what Sport England are their for and they have just cut the funding and used it for other sports that have done better at attracting youngsters and hence parents during the same period.

The World Cup has been a victory for all RL fans whatever their thoughts and opinions may be of how the game goes from here. I don't know anyone who hasn't enjoyed it apart from the wife as its dominated the TV screen for so long. As for the new proposed system being for the small minded, I would hardly class Hetherington, McManus et al as falling into that category.

Isnt McManus one of the chairmen against the 3x8 system.

Isnt McManus one of the chairmen against the 3x8 system.

My club's chairman is a canny bloke.  He tends to go wherever the flow looks best.  Preferably one that will bring money into the Saints' coffers.