Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Social Media & Updates

27 posts in this topic

Dewsbury Rams would like to announce that following a successful recruitment campaign the club has secured the services of a social media strategist and a website developer. 

In recognising the needs and requirements of our dedicated and loyal fan base we have implemented a social media strategy that will provide regular, credible and worthwhile information across several social media platforms. 

Additionally and as part of the long term strategy we have in place, the website will be undergoing radical changes to a format that gives the club further flexibility regarding content and providing a much better experience for the end user. 

We thank fans for their patience over the last few months and look forward to a better informed future and closer relationship. 

Should you have any suggestions please feel free to post them in this thread - Regarding Facebook and Twitter we are currently trying to obtain the relevant log in details and so hope to have these up and running shortly. 

Great stuff. I look forward to further developments.

:drinks:

Seems like a spoof to me.

The fact that it's been announced on here by a brand new user, along with there being no mention of it on Facebook, Twitter or the website, makes me think it's not real.

The fact that it's been announced on here by a brand new user, along with there being no mention of it on Facebook, Twitter or the website, makes me think it's not r

Thanks for highlighting this. The following post should address your concerns. 

The fact that it's been announced on here by a brand new user, along with there being no mention of it on Facebook, Twitter or the website, makes me think it's not real.

Hi Daniel, we are currently awaiting the log in details for Twitter and Facebook (though the club has never actually run the Facebook site)

Once these have been located you will see the word spread across those platforms. 

In due course there will also be a Flickr, Google + and You Tube account. 

Thank you for your continued support. 

Have a word with Tom coates I think he as the details that you require.

Have a word with Tom coates I think he as the details that you require.

Thanks Roger, I have been in touch but I know he is extremely busy at the minute and so once we get the details things will be updated accordingly. 

Hi Daniel, we are currently awaiting the log in details for Twitter and Facebook (though the club has never actually run the Facebook site)

Once these have been located you will see the word spread across those platforms. 

Ok I believe it now!

Actually, the club ran the Facebook page from it's creation until the end of 2011.

There is already a youtube account by the way. It hasn't been used since 2011 but it's still there called DewsburyRamsRLFC

Great to see that things are being done by the club to keep us informed of things happening at the club.One idea would be to give season tickets a big promotion push on here or on the club's website.

Just to say that the levels of activity on here, Facebook and Twitter have been excellent so far and the communication standards have been first class.

Keep up the good work, whoever you are.

:you:

Just to say that the levels of activity on here, Facebook and Twitter have been excellent so far and the communication standards have been first class.

Keep up the good work, whoever you are.

:you:

That's great to hear - Thank you :drinks:

With your expertise in the media field

You can see why you would-be a candidate ;)

Are the club releasing our first game of the season on twitter like what happened last season before the full fixture list was announced ?

Are the club releasing our first game of the season on twitter like what happened last season before the full fixture list was announced ?

No the full fixtures will be released as planned, we do currently have a provisional fixture arranged after the Bradford game.

Pending RFL approval, and assuming we don't have this team in Februarys fixtures we are playing......... Any guesses?

I wouldn't waste your time on Google +, wrong audience!

Can i make a straightforward request that i hope won't prove too difficult?

Could the Twitter-meister tweet the team lineups before each game, please?

Can i make a straightforward request that i hope won't prove too difficult?

Could the Twitter-meister tweet the team lineups before each game, please?

Fantastic idea, however the coach (like all coaches) is reluctant to release the lineup until the last minute. If I can get the team in good time I will certainly make sure they are released on Facebook as Twitter allows only a certain (and limited) number of characters.

Fantastic idea, however the coach (like all coaches) is reluctant to release the lineup until the last minute. If I can get the team in good time I will certainly make sure they are released on Facebook as Twitter allows only a certain (and limited) number of characters.

I understand the difficulty. Aren't the clubs (coaches) obliged to formally name their teams a set time before kick off?

I understand the difficulty. Aren't the clubs (coaches) obliged to formally name their teams a set time before kick off?

Indeed it does BSJ,i think its 30 mins before K.O. when the team sheets have to be handed in and/or posted.

Batley's team sheet (and opposition) usually goes on twitter  approx. 25 mins before K.O...or it did for nearly every match last season.