Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliancaine

Manchester rlfc

89 posts in this topic

Everybody wants the truth.In my opinion for far too long the powers that be at Swinton have been economical with the truth shall we say.Well in my opinion those who still go,and credit to you all do not deserve this nonsense,you deserve to be told the truth warts an all.I think the fact that the directors and powers that be aren't telling the fans what is really going on shows to me that they have nothing but contempt and no respect whatsoever for the fans,and that is sad,and if the directors are reading my comments here THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THE ATTENDANCES ARE POOR.IF SWINTON RLFC SURVIVE AND YOU ARE STILL IN CHARGE,THEN START BEING HONEST WITH THE FANS AND YOU MIGHT FIND THAT ATTENDANCES WILL START TO RISE.

I couldn't agree more rob, anyone got news of whats been said at tonights meeting good news or bad the fans deserve to know the truth NOW.

What happened at the meeting tonight then?.

Julian

Please read MARSYS post !!!

A statement will be released by the trust in due course.

I would confirm the above statement from marshy1 - WATCH THIS SPACE!

Any one would be forgiven for thinking the meetings outcome is secret, mind you nothing new with a lack of info i suppose.

A statement will be released by the trust in due course.

Is this an “official” posting from a member of the Supporters Trust committee who attended the meeting? If so I find it’s terse nature annoying and frustrating. At the very least give us an idea of when we are going to be given more information.

The Club’s handling of sharing information with fans has been inept and alienating. Are the Trust going to make the same mistake?

Fair enough if there is to be a statement made, but could we at least have some sort of indication whether it was positive? negative? even if the details are revealed later?

Since WHEN did Neil Barker, or anyone at M.E.N. Write ANYTHING sensible or newsworthy about Swinton Lions?

Obviously we've no idea of the outcome of last night, or nor do we know if we need to be fighting for the club.  Maybe we need to be letting the wider rugby community know our position.  A simple starting point could well be a bucket collect at the World Cup Quarter Final this weekend.  Friday @ Leeds, Saturday @ Wigan and Sunday @ Warrington.  Post out on all of the SL and Championship teams forums to spread the word that we need some help, and that any contribution could go a long way (maybe some coverage with North West Tonight, Talk Sport etc.).  I think it could be a perfect opportunity as there will be a lot of people through the turnstiles this weekend.  I have some contacts at the RFL, to see if approval is needed to do this.

The Trust, first and foremost, is accountable to it's membership. Unlike the club, it has procedures in place, is democratic and has a duty to communicate with it's subscribers. It's only right and proper that they follow such guidance and principles, which are embedded in it's governing documents, rather than issuing a rash statement without a mandate.

I know everyone wants to find out what's going on; I'm sure we all will. After all, if the news is bad, it's in the best interests of the Trust to grow it's membership base as much as possible.

Since WHEN did Neil Barker, or anyone at M.E.N. Write ANYTHING sensible or newsworthy about Swinton Lions?

Agree, not since Jack McNamara hung up his typewriter.

The Trust, first and foremost, is accountable to it's membership. Unlike the club, it has procedures in place, is democratic and has a duty to communicate with it's subscribers. It's only right and proper that they follow such guidance and principles, which are embedded in it's governing documents, rather than issuing a rash statement without a mandate.

I know everyone wants to find out what's going on; I'm sure we all will. After all, if the news is bad, it's in the best interests of the Trust to grow it's membership base as much as possible.

Interesting point Jonty. Im a member of the trust and with that I'm happy to rely on Marshy saying a statement will be released in due course. I would suggest that this isn't a statement from the Trust its merely him passing on a fact.

I doubt very much that the Trust ever expected to be in a position like this regardless of its mandate.

I don't think its hard working officials need to be dragged into any mud slinging regarding their responsibilities

Interesting point Jonty. Im a member of the trust and with that I'm happy to rely on Marshy saying a statement will be released in due course. I would suggest that this isn't a statement from the Trust its merely him passing on a fact.

I doubt very much that the Trust ever expected to be in a position like this regardless of its mandate.

I don't think its hard working officials need to be dragged into any mud slinging regarding their responsibilities

Agree. As the only structured group of supporters, the elected officials need time to consider any next step properly, whatever that may be, rather than reacting to demands from non-members.

As a lapsed member myself, they have no responsibility to keep me informed, nor should I expect it. Their membership comes first, and potential membership second.

Quite right Mark, the reason for the delay is that The Chair of the trust is out of the country on business ( you know that's how we all survive) and subsequently it's right and proper he knows what is going on and agrees any release.

Spot on, Mark.

Quite right Mark, the reason for the delay is that The Chair of the trust is out of the country on business ( you know that's how we all survive) and subsequently it's right and proper he knows what is going on and agrees any release.

I don't know who is and who isn't a member of the Trust committee anymore except for the people who put their names on the annual reports/subscription renewal requests sent out to trust members i.e the Chairman and the Membership Secretary. 

The post put on the forum last night by Marshy1, whether he is just the messenger or a member of the committee, could easily have contained the explaination of an understandable delay to a release of information. 

It would still be nice to have some idea of when a release might be forthcoming.  Of course the Club should front up and give an update.

I don't know who is and who isn't a member of the Trust committee anymore except for the people who put their names on the annual reports/subscription renewal requests sent out to trust members i.e the Chairman and the Membership Secretary. 

The post put on the forum last night by Marshy1, whether he is just the messenger or a member of the committee, could easily have contained the explaination of an understandable delay to a release of information. 

It would still be nice to have some idea of when a release might be forthcoming.  Of course the Club should front up and give an update.

Don't build your hopes up on getting an update from the club, they don't exactly have a good track record on that front, wonder if they informed the trust before liquidating the club last time wiping out the trusts shares overnight. Might be happening again for all we know, typical lions owners past n maybe present letting the fans know whats going on last.

Wayne English has posted on facebook that he fears for our club and other ex players too have voiced their concerns ie, no ground, no players, no coach, no money, no info, looking for new investors is going to be hard as what have  they got to invest in?.

Just heard off a player/sources whom will remain anonymous, that the kids are going and new investors taking over, I wonder whom they are?.

"what have they got to invest in?"

Surely the positive "can-do" attitude of the supporters is worth something! ;)

Well said Paul!

Just heard off a player/sources whom will remain anonymous, that the kids are going and new investors taking over, I wonder whom they are?.

Didn't they tell you? Why anonymous? You're worse than the Kidds!