Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliancaine

Manchester rlfc

89 posts in this topic

Didn't they tell you? Why anonymous? You're worse than the Kidds!

I was told in confidence, and asked not to mention their names, it isn't rocket science to work out what's going to happen, it has already been mentioned on this forum, lets hope the new owners don't race away, saved by the bell, enough clues for now just read between my A J lines.

I was told in confidence, and asked not to mention their names, it isn't rocket science to work out what's going to happen, it has already been mentioned on this forum, lets hope the new owners don't race away, saved by the bell, enough clues for now just read between my A J lines.

There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can.

Mark Twain

Its MR KOUKASH who is the investor looking over swinton lions, I for one will not be happy being a feeder team to the pinks, its going to be bad enough being a feeder team to the pinks but playing at the home of our rivals is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, mind you I suppose its  just a bit better than going out of exsistance altogether.  Wonder how its gonna sit with the rfl, if he ends up owning two clubs.

With the two teams in different divisions I don't see a problem. To scoff at investment from Mr Koucash would be the height of madness does no one else think that investment from Mr Koucash could be the best thing that has ever happened to the club. I think he has stated clearly that he wanted to build local rivalries that would only happen with significant investment in our club. You don't build local rivalry by amalgamating clubs or changing their names.

It would be utter madness to turn his investment down if that is indeed where it is coming from.

Its MR KOUKASH who is the investor looking over swinton lions, I for one will not be happy being a feeder team to the pinks, its going to be bad enough being a feeder team to the pinks but playing at the home of our rivals is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, mind you I suppose its just a bit better than going out of exsistance altogether. Wonder how its gonna sit with the rfl, if he ends up owning two clubs.

Thats hardly an imaginative rumour, which is all that it is at the moment!

Do you rant and stress about everything you hear Julian?

You may not like the idea but then again you have no idea what he has in mind and how much he may wish to invest.

As has been asked by the Trust, pipe down till we know the FACTS!

Thats hardly an imaginative rumour, which is all that it is at the moment!

Do you rant and stress about everything you hear Julian?

You may not like the idea but then again you have no idea what he has in mind and how much he may wish to invest.

As has been asked by the Trust, pipe down till we know the FACTS!

Wise words.

Julian's problem is he can't, he looks for the worst case scenario in everything connected to Swinton.....but fails to do his homework. Get the facts Julian or please just shut up till you get an update from Neil Barker.

If it is Mr Koukash(which I personally think it is),and if he is taking over Swinton RLFC with the best intentions,ie keeping the identity of the club and ensuring a healthy and hopefully prosperous future for Swinton RLFC then I think it has to be welcomed with open arms.As for suggestions about being a feeder club,well it is inevitable I think that if a Championship club has a very good player who has the potential to play at SL level for whoever will be rightly given his dream chance.OK granted different sport but Ajax produce some very good players and inevitably they move to a PL or La Liga club yet Ajax are still alive and well.

What exactly is a 'feeder club' anyway?

Will we ever get into Super league? Going off what's happened over the last 20yrs I very much doubt it, even if we knew what format it would take in the future.

Do we aim to be a very competitive team in the Championship/SL2 with our own ground in M27? Hell yeah! We could only manage this with the assistance of a rich benefactor with influence.

Whoever this may be, we will inevitably get our players poached if they reach the highest standard, it's happened since the game began to all clubs, nowt new.

Let's see what is on offer, grasp every opportunity to further OUR cause and move forward, but above all stay together and positive, goodness knows there's few of us enough at the moment!

What exactly is a 'feeder club' anyway?

Will we ever get into Super league? Going off what's happened over the last 20yrs I very much doubt it, even if we knew what format it would take in the future.

Do we aim to be a very competitive team in the Championship/SL2 with our own ground in M27? Hell yeah! We could only manage this with the assistance of a rich benefactor with influence.

Whoever this may be, we will inevitably get our players poached if they reach the highest standard, it's happened since the game began to all clubs, nowt new.

Let's see what is on offer, grasp every opportunity to further OUR cause and move forward, but above all stay together and positive, goodness knows there's few of us enough at the moment!

And if it is sorry Dr Koukash and he is willing to invest in Swinton RLFC and as I said earlier keeps the identity and club separate from anything else then yes it should be welcomed.As for players being poached,well sadly for a club like Swinton Lions if they shine it is unfortunately inevitable they will be snapped up by a bigger club and possibly a SL club and if that is the case all you can do is shake his hand and wish him the very best of luck and tell him that he deserves his dream shot and that he leaves with the best wishes of all at Swinton RLFC or whoever.The other side of the coin to that is if say a player or players get released from a SL club then at a club like Swinton they will be given their chance to show their worth and if they knuckle down and shine they will get another chance at SL level one day,and you sell that to them.Yes players will come and go but that is just a part of life.

I fail to be convinced that, based on one line in the evening news, John Kidd is deliberately dismantling our club

I have heard a rumour regarding the investors in the Manchester team and ourselves but it doesn't involve a merger a name change or any besmirching (!!)

It would be nice to hear something but this silent approach appears to be Mr Kidds way and I truly believe that the tight lips of the Trust are more of a positive indication than anything.

The good wishes are always welcome. ..as are all opinions. Perhaps if the twenty plus thousand people who claimed to have watched us at Station Rd still attended games or the many strong critics who stay away now still contributed financially as easily as they do verbally things might be a bit clearer.

Unfortunately, for Most of us Swinton were finished in 1992. The club as it stands is little more than another rival these days, a Mansfield Marksmen, London Broncos, Huyton or Blackpool Borough. A club with a nomadic existence who I am afraid to say won't be around for much longer, this is a travesty for you guys who believed, who have waited for nearly 22 years to move to Swinton, 

I tried to watch the club when they left Station Road because I believed all Mr White's Lies, but then I moved away and the club was not a priority in my life.... I am afraid to say it looks pitiful to an outsider, I guess it looks worse to you guys.

I have refrained from commenting on the club... well ever, but the writing in bold just felt like it needed an answer. I am not looking for an argument, there is no point... everybody has different opinions. 

However blaming those of us who walked away on the current plight is like blaming the Italians for what the Romans did.... Most of us are old now, and we could blame Clift. White, Bateman and others, but life moves on. I would guess the nomadic existence has stopped the growth of a fanbase, the fact that Salford is the team that represents Swinton, and that Swinton have represented Bury, Whitefield, Kersal, Weaste, and Leigh. Sorry if I have missed any, but there it is in a nutshell!!!! The club have not set roots anywhere....

Hindsight is a perfect thing of course, but the misguided view that the club represented Swinton probably counted against it, it hasn't represented Swinton since April 11th 1992 (needs verification). 

One question I do have is 'when Jonny Wilko was talking to Peel Holdings and Salford Council about a new ground. what were Jonny Kidd and the Pirates doing???' 

Surely they should have been opening talks first????

I agree with the last bit, maybe they were, but saw fit not to show us the drawn up plans for a new ground, or any meaningful information other than holding statements and bluster, as for Salford council and wilko did he ever give the lowry paintings up to settle unpaid debts?. Also could we not use my old school site hulton high in conjunction with the council/Tesco's etc there is plenty of land there or even the st georges school site.

Unfortunately, for Most of us Swinton were finished in 1992. The club as it stands is little more than another rival these days, a Mansfield Marksmen, London Broncos, Huyton or Blackpool Borough. A club with a nomadic existence who I am afraid to say won't be around for much longer, this is a travesty for you guys who believed, who have waited for nearly 22 years to move to Swinton,

I tried to watch the club when they left Station Road because I believed all Mr White's Lies, but then I moved away and the club was not a priority in my life.... I am afraid to say it looks pitiful to an outsider, I guess it looks worse to you guys.

I have refrained from commenting on the club... well ever, but the writing in bold just felt like it needed an answer. I am not looking for an argument, there is no point... everybody has different opinions.

However blaming those of us who walked away on the current plight is like blaming the Italians for what the Romans did.... Most of us are old now, and we could blame Clift. White, Bateman and others, but life moves on. I would guess the nomadic existence has stopped the growth of a fanbase, the fact that Salford is the team that represents Swinton, and that Swinton have represented Bury, Whitefield, Kersal, Weaste, and Leigh. Sorry if I have missed any, but there it is in a nutshell!!!! The club have not set roots anywhere....

Hindsight is a perfect thing of course, but the misguided view that the club represented Swinton probably counted against it, it hasn't represented Swinton since April 11th 1992 (needs verification).

One question I do have is 'when Jonny Wilko was talking to Peel Holdings and Salford Council about a new ground. what were Jonny Kidd and the Pirates doing???'

Surely they should have been opening talks first????

Good point well made dog. However there are many people who claim to have been there at Station rd and obviously weren't hence the twenty thousand reference

I personally don't feel the need to get on John Kidds back for not throwing more of his money at the club than he already has as some contributors do because let's be honest hes spent far more than anyone else I strongly aasume . Maybe not.

His approach does bear some criticism but he is not alone

As I've said many of the strongest vervbal crirics on here haven't attended or contributed much for many a year but still claim to care as strongly as you don't.

Who is right? I suspect we all are to a greater or lesser degree..

What I can say with hand on heart is that I'm still fighting for my club that I love in person and financially. My conscience should the worst happen is clear .

Also could we not use my old school site Hulton High in conjunction with the council/Tesco's etc there is plenty of land there or even the St George's School site.

Totally out of the question surely - not in the M27 territory - i.e. outside S & P.

:sungum:  :maninlove:  :yahoo:

If there is a chance of a new ground being built,it may well be the case that it has to be outside the M27(though as near as possible) area because unfortunately I hazard a guess that the land is simply not available,or is ie the old Moorside High and old St Ambrose Barlow but as they are in residential areas,or near that would stop it.As for Agecroft,I think it is dead in the water as I have heard there are issues,something I think to do with the power station(though if you look you will see pylons there)but the more I think about it,the more I think Agecroft is the wrong venue,one bus only goes down there and I think it is too cut off.If a new ground is to be built I think it should be on the old Moorside High grounds as you have got several bus routes near by,it is a location everyone could get to,the new school could probably be used for parking coaches and cars but the most important thing is that the fans are catered for ie there are a few local hostelries very nearby for fans to enjoy some refreshments and with Alberts opening some time soon an eatery that they can get a good feed.

There's is an old sewer off Folly Lane (closed in the 50's I believe). Behind Beechfield Rd / Thorn Rd. Plans to build houses have been rejected as the land isn't fit for housing. The football pitches and allotments haven't been used since the 1980's. United Utilaties own and manage the land....... Now what could be built there??

If there is a chance of a new ground being built, it may well be the case that it has to be outside the M27 (though as near as possible) area because unfortunately 

There are/will be vacant sites within S & P which would do ok, it just needs enough will by all parties concerned to take the plunge and get the thing built

How would it be funded?! No point identifying other sites when the club are in need of smaller amounts of cash to ensure the club isn't wound up!

It's interesting that FC United cut the first sod on their new stadium in Moston at the weekend. They've been around as long as Agecroft has been talked about and in that time have raised £2m from their supporter base and £3m from external sources to begin work on a 5,000 capacity ground. Of course, their supporter base, profile and purchase power is higher than the Lions, but it shows what can be achieved with a community focus and a partnership approach. The stadium, like the club, will be owned by the fans for the fans.

The only way to get our own place would be to build it as a multi purpose community use facility. Simple as. We wont ever have a ground all to ourselves unless a lottery/multi millionaire benefactor comes along.

We must have a plan to make the powers that be ie Council, Lottery Fund, Sports England etc want to jump on board and the facilities be used as often as possible.

I just think there has to be some priority with the current situation.  There's no point saying/suggesting where we should be playing etc., as there's is no guarantee that we'll be in any position to start the season.  I don't feel that it can be taken for granted that the two said investors will actually invest.  This is something that Salford realised as they continued to attempt to raise funds off their own back until the Dr. sealed the deal.  How much is owed?  The immediate future needs to be secured.  Forget all the ifs, buts and maybes.  Does the wider community know of our situation?  If not, why not?  A pool of investors is small by keeping this within our own boundary.  Publicise that we're in the muck!  Learn from Salford's position last season.

I just think there has to be some priority with the current situation. There's no point saying/suggesting where we should be playing etc., as there's is no guarantee that we'll be in any position to start the season. I don't feel that it can be taken for granted that the two said investors will actually invest. This is something that Salford realised as they continued to attempt to raise funds off their own back until the Dr. sealed the deal. How much is owed? The immediate future needs to be secured. Forget all the ifs, buts and maybes. Does the wider community know of our situation? If not, why not? A pool of investors is small by keeping this within our own boundary. Publicise that we're in the muck! Learn from Salford's position last season.

Your priorities are quite correct.

On the bright side, if money is owed to the current "owners", then it can only date back as far as May 2007.