Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Bradford Bulls

34 posts in this topic

Do you really think he doesn't watch the local sides otherwise Kelsey?

What Morro does BSJ in terms of watching local sides I don't know...

Hunslet play a mixed amateur team made up from Hunslet Warriors/Hunslet Old Boys , which gets the community turning up , so a Heavy Woollen select wound'nt be a bad idea...............

Hunslet play a mixed amateur team made up from Hunslet Warriors/Hunslet Old Boys , which gets the community turning up , so a Heavy Woollen select wound'nt be a bad idea...............

Bit late now, but Rams present v Rams past would have been tasty. Loads of ex Rams in the local amateurs with a point still to prove.

I reckon the four warm up games that are planned will be just right for their purpose, which is all about team development. I can't see what benefit there would be for the squad in playing an amateur team, despite its entertainment potential.

I reckon the four warm up games that are planned will be just right for their purpose, which is all about team development. I can't see what benefit there would be for the squad in playing an amateur team, despite its entertainment potential.

Entertainment eh BSJ ? Perish the thought. ;) No - I thought that a game against a side of former pro's would provide a credible test, and maybe give GM the chance to see if some of our former players could still do a job - such as Danny Ratcliffe, shaun Squires and Derryll Olpherts - maybe he could have included Chris Walker, who a few seasons ago was rated a real prospect (and a genuine flyer). Going slightly off topic, weren't we supposed to be organising a trials match to have a look at the local talent - would be nice to unearth another Terry Day, Malcolm Agar or Ernie Lowe - all signed after playing in trials matches as opposed to being signed as trialists in the reserves.

Entertainment eh BSJ ? Perish the thought. ;) No - I thought that a game against a side of former pro's would provide a credible test, and maybe give GM the chance to see if some of our former players could still do a job - such as Danny Ratcliffe, shaun Squires and Derryll Olpherts - maybe he could have included Chris Walker, who a few seasons ago was rated a real prospect (and a genuine flyer). Going slightly off topic, weren't we supposed to be organising a trials match to have a look at the local talent - would be nice to unearth another Terry Day, Malcolm Agar or Ernie Lowe - all signed after playing in trials matches as opposed to being signed as trialists in the reserves.

Reserves, or as I prefer A team, were a wonderful place to develop players slowly, now sadly a thing of the distant past. I do believe that the creation of the various academies have been a woeful failure and ended up costing Championship clubs something of their traditional structure.

Still, there's no going back, as we all know.

Reserves, or as I prefer A team, were a wonderful place to develop players slowly, now sadly a thing of the distant past. I do believe that the creation of the various academies have been a woeful failure and ended up costing Championship clubs something of their traditional structure.

Still, there's no going back, as we all know.

Unfortunately there just wasn't enough teams in the Championship willing to put forward a reserve team to make having weekly games a viable option.

Running costs being the major factor.

Unfortunately there just wasn't enough teams in the Championship willing to put forward a reserve team to make having weekly games a viable option.

Running costs being the major factor.

Yes I know. I'm actually harking back to 25+ years ago when watching the A team was something of a ritual for many. me included. The teams then weren't age restricted like now so actually did comprise the second string - ageing ex 1st teamers, gangly youths, aspiring first teamers etc. Another world really. It didn't cost much to run in those days as hardly anyone got paid much in any case.

:kingxmas:

I like your idea. That could be done