Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

15/11/13 - World Cup QF1: New Zealand v Scotland (Leeds, KO 8pm)

Who will win?   33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 21 points or more
    • New Zealand by 11 to 20 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 10 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 10 points
    • Scotland by 11 to 20 points
    • Scotland by 21 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

145 posts in this topic

practically all of headingley is gonna be scotlands 18th man...

That's true as they should :)

Weirdly Kiwi fans most often have a flat viewing experience of their national team,

New Zealand hardly ever get to play in front of a home crowd in general terms.

It's more often than not Aussie fans or UK fans when you're watching on the box that you can hear.

As a kiwi fan watching at home , you very rarely get any joy from the atmosphere watching rugby league.

It's another Advantage the Rugby Union here have in selling their product versus the Kiwis.

A lot of silent wins

You have to yell in your own home or it gets a bit sad watching NZ play from an atmosphere / buz point of view.

One of the Scotland squad was being interviewed on BBC Radio Five Live this morning - one of the 100% born and bred Scots with genuine accent - at approx 9am. Only caught the end of it, so not sure who it was (on the books at Hull KR), but he did his country, team and sport proud!

It was Dave Scott, met him quite a few times and he is quite an articulate lad. Gave a good interview.

Hope we can keep it tight and then get a break. You never know! C'mon Scotland.

I have 2 spare South stand tickets after a couple of drop outs. £7.50 each can meet in the skyrack before the game?

I read a quip in the New Zealand Herald news paper today. 

The Kiwis watched Man U play Arsenal , one of the security guards asked Sam Kasiano to cover up his Arsenal shirt for safety reasons. 

They recon Sam would have been quite safe. 

Still not a good look if the Kiwi team thumped a bunch of Footy hooligans. 

The scots halves are just as good as the kiwis, Luke Douglas is as good as any kiwi front rower, Russell at the back has been the best fullback of the tournament and id take Kane linnett over Bryson Goodwin any day of the week in the centres. Scotland do have the potential to cause an upset, just can't see it happening.

I read a quip in the New Zealand Herald news paper today.

The Kiwis watched Man U play Arsenal , one of the security guards asked Sam Kasiano to cover up his Arsenal shirt for safety reasons.

They recon Sam would have been quite safe.

Still not a good look if the Kiwi team thumped a bunch of Footy hooligans.

Would have been good to watch though!!!!

Up the brave hearts !!! All the best to some lads with real heart pumping below their shirts worn with pride

Very interesting for me this evening.

I don't miss many England footy matches, certainly not on TV if I can't make it in person and that includes travelling to some strange parts of eastern Europe to do so.

Tonight I find myself being a Scotland fan at the same time England are playing in a round ball game. See you at Headingley!

'Mon the Bravehearts!

I hope we can make something of a game of it. I think we'll miss Ferguson badly though - I was watching the Scotland/Tonga game again last night and he was a monster for us against the big guys.

Hopefully a try for Matty Russell too, and I'll be happy enough.

If this was football I would be shouting for a NZ win but as it's the greatest game on this planet I will be screaming for a Scots triumph . Why is that?

Come on Scotland!

About to leave work to start the journey down the A1/M1!

Really hopeful of a strong Scotland performance. It will be really difficult for them to make the metres on the big Headingley pitch (as opposed to Derwent Park), but if they do get the ball far enough upfield then they have a few tricks up their sleeve.

I think we all know Danny Brough has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, I've seen him destroy Leeds plenty of times in the past and hopefully he can do the same tonight.

Not expecting anything other than an NZ win, but would love to see Scotland give them a fright!

cant wait, hope sam barlow can hit the ball at pace a few times and show us what he as in his locker tonight.

COME ON SCOTLAND.  broughy mom. :bb:

Looking forward to this one regardless. Can't see NZ losing but I don't think anyone will complain if Scotland give it their all.

Expect it to all be over as a contest within 20 minutes, but looking forward to a few highlights from the Scots all the same.

http://youtu.be/Nmy6OaZEAhE

I think the Scotland team should face up to the Haka, then about turn. lift their kilts, and moon the Kiwis...a little like this advert but less rude 

Some people would still moan ;)

The only way Scotland stand a chance is to try and kick New Zealand to death and wear their forwards out.

Oh, and give Matty Russell the ball in open play.

Looking forward to it!!! Could be a shock in store.

They do not need RHP, all he does is repeat or agree with the others...stealing a living