Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/11/13 - World Cup QF4: Samoa v Fiji (Warrington, KO 3pm)

Who will win?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 21 points or more
    • Samoa by 11 to 20 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 10 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 10 points
    • Fiji by 11 to 20 points
    • Fiji by 21 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

108 posts in this topic

Discuss World Cup QF4: Samoa v Fiji (Warrington, KO 3pm) here.

It looks like the BBC have picked up the option for this match as well as England/France. B) 

I'll be a bit miffed if it quietly drops off the BBC2 schedules over the next few days.

It looks like the BBC have picked up the option for this match as well as England/France. B)

I'll be a bit miffed if it quietly drops off the BBC2 schedules over the next few days.

I fear it might.

<p>I want Fiji to win, but think Samoa will do a better job of softening the Aussies up ready for the final.</p>

<p>I want Fiji to win, but think Samoa will do a better job of softening the Aussies up ready for the final.</p>

Yes I got the impression after the match at St Helens that the Fijians were a little too matey with the Ockers.

I think the Samoans will look to duff them up a bit more and I think that would be a cracking semi final with probably 55,000+ people shouting for Samoa. It would be great to see the likes of Soliola and the Samoan full back (Millard is it?) at Wembley.

I also think it might do quite a bit for the sport in the country - I seem to recall there was a thread about the issues they face, particularly with the President being more of an RU type.

Hopefully Samoa will win as I think theyll have a better crack at the aussies and make it a good game at wembley.

Hopefully Samoa will win as I think theyll have a better crack at the aussies and make it a good game at wembley.

If they have enough players left to make up a team due to suspensions!-

Leeson Ah Mau (striking) + Sauaso Sue (tripping) 1 game bans

I would imagine that they will appeal the trip. Who the hell has been banned for a trip in the last 20 years?

Got my tickets in the post today: can't wait.

I was sure that I would be supporting Samoa, but after last nights game I don't know. Hopefully it will be a hard close game with big hits and no cheap, shots. Fiji to win on golden point.

Samoa v Fiji just makes you shudder after how brutal samoa were againts France,it's going to make warrington shake to the foundations that's for sure,looking forward to this match.another great world cup match on the cards,they just keep on coming.

Got my tickets in the post today: can't wait.

I was sure that I would be supporting Samoa, but after last nights game I don't know. Hopefully it will be a hard close game with big hits and no cheap, shots. Fiji to win on golden point.

Ah ok - so the rules are switching to golden point in the knock-out stages?

Any extra time or simply golden point?

Ah ok - so the rules are switching to golden point in the knock-out stages?

Any extra time or simply golden point?

Well I'm guessing so. Don't know about extra time but definitely no replay. I don't really think it will go down to a golden point, but how exciting would it be if it did?

Game of the quarters this, think Fiji will just shade it by about 6. Really looking forward to it.

+1

Should be a cracker, although it needs a tolerant (i.e. not pedantic) referee.

This is what os on the TV guide for the time the match is due to be shown

RU on BBC1 and this on BBC2

post-29276-0-55378900-1384281656_thumb.png

My word, that is FUBAR... the BBC are certainly missing a trick...

Samoa to win by 6 for mine!

Original removed as too flippant 

.....but the BBC not showing this is folly on their part. Anyway Vossy will be doing a good job of calling the game on Premier Sports

I would imagine that they will appeal the trip. Who the hell has been banned for a trip in the last 20 years?

Exactly

I also noticed that Mose Masoe 2 hits on Bosc haven't been punished and rightly so.

Jon Wilkin if memory serves.  But I think he was sent off rather than banned.  And had the game been played in SL during 2013 there would have been a sending off on this occasion too.

i think Premier have three qf's as exclusives. Pretty sure BBC cant add aditional games now.

This will be a cracker.

The world cup format in future should look at a way of Samoa and Tonga playing against each other  , this is the next best thing.

I sense that the Samoan's believe they could beat Australia on their day ( they got a glimpse of what that looks like against NZ) whereas I doubt Fiji have that belief yet.

Therefore Samoa winning would be good.

If Samoa and Australia play , contrary to popular opinion I'd prefer.....( If we're talking about not wanting good prep for the Aussies ) that they played Fiji again.

The world cup format in future should look at a way of Samoa and Tonga playing against each other  , this is the next best thing.

They played each other (I think) in the group stages of the 2008 WC in Aus, but yes it would have been another firecracker 1/4 final Tonga v Samoa.

Fiji v Samoa will be fantastic all the same.