Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/11/13 - World Cup QF4: Samoa v Fiji (Warrington, KO 3pm)

Who will win?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 21 points or more
    • Samoa by 11 to 20 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 10 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 10 points
    • Fiji by 11 to 20 points
    • Fiji by 21 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

108 posts in this topic

Noticed on my Plan your Day email that for £5 I can upgrade and get to meet legends Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler as well as non-playing squad members of the teams. 

Very tempted, particularly as get access to private bar as well !!

Noticed on my Plan your Day email that for £5 I can upgrade and get to meet legends Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler as well as non-playing squad members of the teams. 

For a fiver, that's a no-brainer decision, really!

How would one go about upgrading please? :)

I guess this is available because my tickets are for the North stand - where the corporate boxes are.

Details:

Upgrade your experience for just £5 to meet Australian legends Andrew Johns & Brad Fittler plus non-playing squad members plus private bar access.  To book please call 0208 614 0814.

BBC have missed a trick here by not showing it- if you're in the area and haven't got a ticket get down there and pick up a walk-in. It will the match of the QFs

Looking forward to the fourth installment of my RL marathon this weekend. Hoping for a closer game than the other 3 but it will be good to see the Samoans in the flesh for the first time. Hope they win too...

Just been offered a ticket by a mate who can't go.

Despite the fact that I am still nursing a hangover from last night's game, I am going to go.

I must be mad.

Samoa have a great forward pack

Fiji have a very good forward pack

Most NZ fans will tell you Pita Godinet is their best Hooker / half and yet he struggles to get starts

That's because the Samoan campaign is ruled by village politics which is why their very best players mysteriously dropped off the landscape for them

That mentality ensures the worst NRL half in modern times Ben Roberts is the darling of the Samoan selectors 

If they get an NRL coach who can tell the Village Elders and the Chiefs of the Samoan Govt to butt out of their campaign then they will be worth watching

I'm wanting Fiji to do well

I also want Samoa to hit Aussie hard if they get through ( look for a Samoan Kangaroo Semi with the Samoans finishing the game with 11 players ).

Heart says I want Fiji - their supporters have been brilliant (particularly the guy who ran up & down in front of us with the flag after they scored at the KC last week).  Head says Samoa as I'd prefer them to stick it to the Aussies next week.  Hoping that Arriva Trains Wales don't let me down as I can't stick being in another queue for an hour wondering if I'm going to get there on time. Last installment of the marathon for me. The newbies I took to Scotland - USA are coming for their second / third installment of TGG. All I need now is for one of them to shout "gerrem onside!" and my world cup will be complete! 

I'm going to get under the duvet & watch in bed, whilst him indoors hogs the main telly #legostarwarsgame Any big hits may produce ooos/ahs/yelps

Wowwy , they've given a QF to Ramsdale ! And not just any but Samoa v Fiji with all those names and identifications ... Oh dear this could be trouble !!!

Don't like the Sims boys after all the gob and bully boy antics against England . I'll take Samoa

Wowwy , they've given a QF to Ramsdale ! And not just any but Samoa v Fiji with all those names and identifications ... Oh dear this could be trouble !!!

No disrespect to Ramsdale but a game like this was made for Voss to commentate on

One Sims less won't help Fiji

However Samoa are stupid enough to play Pita Godinet from the bench so anythings possible with Ben Roberts.

Samoa know they won't be able to intimidate Fiji

It's going to be very interesting to see who wins the battle up front with Suimatangi and Mose Masoe my favorite props.

This Fiji hymn is totally spellbinding . One of the highlights of the WC , I wanna buy it !

Oh dear it's this Commentator , he misses the point ....there won't be any appreciation of the physical conflict between these Pacific Warriors....never mind you can't have it all.......

Just hoping Shayne Hayne aint the Ref

Manumalealii is a good half for Samoa.......that ups their chances.

Hopefully the winner gets through with all their players for the next round

Where's vossy like been said this game is made for him would of been great I this had been on the bbc

The first set was brutal ... Vossy would have been really upping it , but this guy just dryly talked over it all !

The first set was brutal ... Vossy would have been really upping it , but this guy just dryly talked over it all !

Shame