Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPosh

The New North Stand at Hull KR

17 posts in this topic

Quite a nice stand, with some good facilities, but needs a hand-rail or two.

There's a video on Hull KR TV about it: http://www.hullkr.tv/?v=1044

A nice little piece, but what strikes me most is just how devastatingly handsome the first person they interview is.

Great bit of PR from Rovers ,

More clubs should do similar promo's

Excellent promo

I was quite impressed with it when I went for the World Cup. Are they planning on extending the length of the pitch?

I was quite impressed with it when I went for the World Cup. Are they planning on extending the length of the pitch?

It would be great if they could extend it towards the "South Stand", at least then the speccies there might see summat.

They need to build a similar style stand at the south end. If they did that, and extended the eastern terrace, they may have a half-decent ground

Their next job may be to remove the obstacles in the corner of the main stand. In the France-PNG game there were two triangles of empty seats as there's obviously a poor/non-existent view of the near corners. The screen ends and roof supports cause this but the cost v gain may be prohibitive. A new south end would be best as a terrace in my view. The new stand and the approach to the rear make a good impression though.

Last time I went, the pitch was already full size?

Last time I went, the pitch was already full size?

You clearly don't do sarcasm so early in the morning! OF's comment gave it away, having a pop at the fact that the Grimsby End is so far away from the pitch...

That is the next improvement scheduled, I believe. But in the meantime, the away fans get to sit in the new stand. Can't wait to change that red to black on derby day! ;-)

I went for the PNG v Samoa game. Great stand, and good on Rovers for getting investment. Decent view and like the fact they've slightly raised it so no seats right at the front with horrible view (like Leigh).

If I was being critical ......the stands have no sides on, so the wind will come in, and I can't for the life in me understand why they have built that new building next to it so close to the pitch, no scope to ever put a stand there now!!

On a more minor note, when you get a cup of tea at the bar (which was a good bar, although could perhaps do with a second) you then get your milk etc. on a table at the back - defo open to abuse and sabotage!!!!!

Quite a nice stand, with some good facilities, but needs a hand-rail or two.

There's a video on Hull KR TV about it: http://www.hullkr.tv/?v=1044

A nice little piece, but what strikes me most is just how devastatingly handsome the first person they interview is.

I take it that was you?

Don't ENTIRELY agree but I've done worse!

I was in the new stand for the PNG/France game.

Very nice, lovely and warm inside as well.

The view of it will be brilliant for Hull fans, as they look at it from the south terrace in April ;)

I was in the new stand for the PNG/France game.

Very nice, lovely and warm inside as well.

The view of it will be brilliant for Hull fans, as they look at it from the south terrace in April ;)

Will Hull have any away support come April?

Will Hull have any away support come April?

His name's Adam, actually.

That killed that topic.

I will take your advice as always and stick to RLWC.