Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Sachin Tendulkar

7 posts in this topic

Just spotted this Tweet from TalkSport's Danny Kelly: Attn preening footballers, X-Factor 'stars' and all puffed-up celebs. Ticket applications for Sachin Tendulkar's final Test.. 19 MILLION!!!  :O

And the RWC ticket offices thought they were overstretched!

He is a great cricketer, I enjoy watching him at the crease, he will be missed after his retirement, and his mother gets to see him play at last, as she has never been to one of his games before.

Typical West Indies though, batting first, spoilsports! whoops, just remembered my avatar :girlinlove:

I watched India-Australia at Chennai earlier in the year and his Godlike status is incredible.

Quick travel tip, if you're ever boozing in an Indian hotel, start a conversation about cricket, mention that you love Sachin and you're set for the night.

I remember seeing some footage of him go out just for a quick session in the nets. Even that was mobbed with thousands of adoring fans. One of the things he must have enjoyed about playing in England must have been the chance to live a normal-ish life for a while.

don't know him, never seen him.

Think he propped for Queens as a ringer a couple of times whilst he was in Yorkshire.