Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Ike southward game

51 posts in this topic

To be played on the 12th of January through at haven

To be played on the 12th of January through at haven

That's fair enough with the season not starting until 23rd February this time.

23 February . Is that official word , first league game ? When do the fixtures come out .

25th Nov I believe mate

Cheers

Training starts tomorrow there's plenty of time for mores players to sign kn

Training starts tomorrow there's plenty of time for mores players to sign kn

It would be nice for the fans to know who we have still got from last season, never mind any signings!!!!

It would be nice for the fans to know who we have still got from last season, never mind any signings!!!!

Didn't we have all this last year, and we ended up with a very good team.

By my reckoning think we have got about 18 already confirmed for next season.

Sure the Directors will let fans know when they have something to announce,  

Quite a number of players are probably quite rightly for them trying to get the

best deal.

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips, Miller, Rowlandson, James Duerden and Forber

I think that's who we've got signed on

Connors been mentioned in passing , but don't know the situation with him . Definitely need more experience and quality looking at that list , but I agree that it was same last year and we got rolling around Christmas . Irons in the fire I'm sure ( hope ) . No interest in this as a game either , call the league games after Ike and give the winner ( pts difference if one each ) a trophy .

With the players in the list above this is the sort of team I would put out

Miller

Haney

Morris

Rooney

Mossop

Lupton

Callum

Mcavoy

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Stack

Olstrom

Shackley

Rowlandson

Duerden

Forber

I'm sure we will have some experienced players signed on by then

Hell need some players brought in pronto

You realise there's 2 months until this game, not really the time to panic.

I agree that we need to push on . There is time , but in general terms I'm not sure what we had this year will get us the same position next year . The restructuring that's still presumably the RFL plan is THE big factor this coming season , everyone is scrambling to make that second tier . So everyone will strengthen accordingly , and add in the moneybags Crusaders to the mix who will be as strong as any outside the top 5 . It's gonna be cutthroat and no mistake . Can't stand still and say this did us fine and will again . I think it'll be twice as tough with that dreaded trapdoor staring every club in the face . It's gonna be tense , but it's gonna be the league to watch. We saw last year that so many of the teams are much of a muchness , and two or three quality players in key areas make the difference with a solid unit around them .

You realise there's 2 months until this game, not really the time to panic.

That's correct but how many times have we heard coaches saying that player "so and so" will be better next year when he gets a full pre-season behind him? Pre-season training starts this week I believe.

I would like us to see if we could get hulme on a season loan , with him Rooney and duerden as our centres, just don,t think morris as the pace at centre???

We always say this - every year - "there's time " how about getting some players signed then pre season will be worth going to for the players on the books as there will be more than 10 there !! Out that list at least 5 won't be there today - must be pretty cronk turning up to training and not even having enough for a game of touch ha

We always say this - every year - "there's time " how about getting some players signed then pre season will be worth going to for the players on the books as there will be more than 10 there !! Out that list at least 5 won't be there today - must be pretty cronk turning up to training and not even having enough for a game of touch ha

We do go through this every year lately, and how have those seasons gone again? After the last few years I hoped people would actually finally have some faith in our board and coaches, seems not. As for some players not being there, you expect them to come back and train from their world cup squads? Of your 5 not being there 3 are with Scotland, how dare they.

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips, Miller, Rowlandson, James Duerden and Forber

I think that's who we've got signed on

Yeah so 18 at the moment.

A couple of season long loans maybe from Widnes, Hulme & Craven for example.

Hopefully Brett Carter and Thackray will re-sign.

Then maybe two more signings, including a blockbusting prop and be up to 24, which

would be about right if still using DR as well.

Up the Town.

No doubt that Morris isn't a strike centre . Hopefully he's one who does have a good , strong preseason working on his fitness , stamina and basic skills . Then we have a more than handy utility wide runner .