Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Ike southward game

51 posts in this topic

I think well be waiting to see what happens at salford. 2 of our main logical targets will be jordan and adam and im sure there new squad assembles we will be loaning or signing at least 1 of them.

You do notice HAVEN10 never as a good thing to say about TOWN allways trying to pick fault????

Aye I hope the two Walne's are still on our radar . I think Adam may be nearer their first team , but Jordan on a long loan and maybe Adam on a month to month loan with recall would be good starch to our squad . Salford are gonna have plenty of decent players not playing ! Them and Widnes seem to have good links with us .

Havenfan10 chill out. Anyone would think you're a disgruntled player/relative/haven fan. There's a bigger squad signed than last season and bearing in mind that we finished highest of all the Cumbrian teams whilst spending a hell of a lot less than one of them, I think the club is in good hands. Communication may be an issue at times but they've never let us down in the past and I do t expect them to do so this season.

And there won't be Thackeray back we need to stop bringing him up

well thacks says hell know in a couple of weeks so not sure how you know he wont be back.

yes that is a fittnes check but what i call real training starts tuesday and its a killer beleave me.

Havenfan10 chill out. Anyone would think you're a disgruntled player/relative/haven fan. There's a bigger squad signed than last season and bearing in mind that we finished highest of all the Cumbrian teams whilst spending a hell of a lot less than one of them, I think the club is in good hands. Communication may be an issue at times but they've never let us down in the past and I do t expect them to do so this season.

Not really - end of the day the majority of teams will have the players signed up now for next season - thus starting preseason with a full compliment of players - training 2/3 times a week TOGETHER for up to 3 /4 months - not being thrown together a month before the season - players at different fitness levels - getting used to calls / lines - there's not a bit of wonder why our back play etc isn't up to scratch - you see fev up here last year all those kicks to he corner etc as much of that which is class play from their 6/7 it's also hours of bloody practice with a full squad !! Not 9 or 10 players turning up ....

well thacks says hell know in a couple of weeks so not sure how you know he wont be back.

He will be waiting along time then, I'm telling ya he isn't

Not really - end of the day the majority of teams will have the players signed up now for next season - thus starting preseason with a full compliment of players - training 2/3 times a week TOGETHER for up to 3 /4 months - not being thrown together a month before the season - players at different fitness levels - getting used to calls / lines - there's not a bit of wonder why our back play etc isn't up to scratch - you see fev up here last year all those kicks to he corner etc as much of that which is class play from their 6/7 it's also hours of bloody practice with a full squad !! Not 9 or 10 players turning up ....

we had a good start to the season last year so that theory is out the window.

we had a good start to the season last year so that theory is out the window.

Dont ruin his argument with facts mate.

A really quick look through other clubs forums on here and theres very little mention of signings, and there squad lists arent bigger than ours.

Thanks Scott well maybe HAVEN10 will let us know if all 18 turn up for training 3 nights a week????

22 Signed on at barrow and they started training last tuesday.

We stand no chance against Havens "World Class" backline, we might as well not turn up and just give them the trophy.... :rolleyes:

I would like us to see if we could get hulme on a season loan , with him Rooney and duerden as our centres, just don,t think morris as the pace at centre???

Duerden is not a centre, he doesn't have the ability to put somebody else in (although I have no doubt he will develop). He's a back rower with a very high work rate but in terms of rugby ability has a lot to do

Maybe 22 signed on but need another 3 forwards far too lightweight, with out some muscle upfront it will be a long season.

Ha are you guys for real ? I wonder if there's enough there Tuesday for a game of touch ? 5 a side anyone ?

yeah but they include the likes jamie butler, need we say anymore.