Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eltullah

Good forwards but can we get rid of sinfield and chase (merged threads)

95 posts in this topic

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

I'll be supporting them all the way,but I'm bemused why he didn't go with Widdop and Brough as his halves?

It would be great if the Widdop fan club could confine their comments to this thread. He could even have his own sub forum. :)

I'll be supporting them all the way,but I'm bemused why he didn't go with Widdop and Brough as his halves?

well the scottish coach is reported as saying that Brough told him he would be available for Scotland back at beginning of Feb... that was reported in Rugby league weekly the other week and I told see why he or the paper would lie. So Brough was never an option.

I also find it interesting that all the players on the Beeb never had widdop in there teams.  Although I would prefer him to Chase. However I think Sinfleld does a good solid job.

I think the bigger issue is around Burrows, Roby or Mcllorum... two out of those 3 and I would prefer Burrows on the bench to come on to give the extra impetus to the team when they are starting to drop off

well the scottish coach is reported as saying that Brough told him he would be available for Scotland back at beginning of Feb... that was reported in Rugby league weekly the other week and I told see why he or the paper would lie. So Brough was never an option.

I also find it interesting that all the players on the Beeb never had widdop in there teams.  Although I would prefer him to Chase. However I think Sinfleld does a good solid job.

I think the bigger issue is around Burrows, Roby or Mcllorum... two out of those 3 and I would prefer Burrows on the bench to come on to give the extra impetus to the team when they are starting to drop off

Jon Wilkins had him on the left wing in place of Ryan Hall. Says it all about those selections!!!

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

Jeez. Let it go man. Move on. Baring any injuries, we've know the spine of the team for months. After the World Cup is over, it'll be different, but while we're still in it, just get behind the team.

Oh, really, this needs a new thread? Brough for England, again...

It needed another defence though. Kev did a little scuffle forwards this evening. I bet you felt vindicated.

Mcllorum will get involved in a tussle or2 and give away penalties which will cost us dear. 

Jon Wilkins had him on the left wing in place of Ryan Hall. Says it all about those selections!!!

Think it says more about BBC's coverage that nobody spotted what was a clear error. Didn't enjoy their coverage tonight - maybe it was the standard of the game they were commentating on

I too am more concerned with the potential of McIllorum playing. Good and solid in defence but he is a one trick pony and liable to give away penalties which NZ and Aus will punish us dearly. I really don't understand why we play him - distribution is slow out of dummy half and he has no kicking game. We looked far more effective when Roby came on in his place tonight and also when Burrow replaced him against Fiji.

In my view we need to start with Roby at 9 and Burrow on the bench

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France

It would be great if the Widdop fan club could confine their comments to this thread. He could even have his own sub forum. :)

You mean like Sinfield already has?

Seems like it's OK to back Sinfield to the hilt despite his very obvious deficiencies, but it's not OK to put forward a case for Widdop to play.

I would like to hear what the forum users generally believe an English 6 and 7 need to do to be judged to have played well. Just a general interest

I would like to hear what the forum users generally believe an English 6 and 7 need to do to be judged to have played well. Just a general interest

OK I'll start.

How about just one dominant performance from either of our halves in the whole World Cup?

Things have now got so bad that we are lauding Sinfield for a kick he did on the third tackle.

What teams halves are standing out so far in the World Cup?

What teams halves are standing out so far in the World Cup?

There have been a number of halves that I would have preferred to have in place of Sinfield and Chase.

Obviously, Thurston and Cronk, Johnson has played well, and I would even chose the USA scrum half over either of ours.

Keiran Foran has played well also and he'll take the line on.

I think we will just have to back the team with Chase and Sinfield as halves. The games so far have proven that they have struggled to match the levels of other halves, but even so, we shouldn't be changing to Widdop now, who McN clarly does not rate and who has only had very limited game time in the past 8 weeks.

As someone pointed out, the 9 situation still needs addressing. We can't afford to play a 9 who's purpose is to defend the opening 25 mins. McIl is a good aggresive defender, but offers little in attack. We need a better attacking 9, in view of our less than formidable halves. Roby for me, easily. Interchange - probably Burrow, but ok with Sinfield.

But then, hold on, who goes in the halves if Sinfield goes to 9 to spell Roby? O'Loughlin? We are now in the bad position of not having another half back available. If McN rated Widdop he would have played more by now, so now after todays selections he clearly isn't an option.

Keiran Foran has played well also and he'll take the line on.I think we will just have to back the team with Chase and Sinfield as halves. The games so far have proven that they have struggled to match the levels of other halves, but even so, we shouldn't be changing to Widdop now, who McN clarly does not rate and who has only had very limited game time in the past 8 weeks.As someone pointed out, the 9 situation still needs addressing. We can't afford to play a 9 who's purpose is to defend the opening 25 mins. McIl is a good aggresive defender, but offers little in attack. We need a better attacking 9, in view of our less than formidable halves. Roby for me, easily. Interchange - probably Burrow, but ok with Sinfield.But then, hold on, who goes in the halves if Sinfield goes to 9 to spell Roby? O'Loughlin? We are now in the bad position of not having another half back available. If McN rated Widdop he would have played more by now, so now after todays selections he clearly isn't an option.

The only guy actually playing like a half is Tomkins, so why not play him there from the start.

Widdop can play full back, so we will be fine with that.