Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eltullah

Good forwards but can we get rid of sinfield and chase (merged threads)

95 posts in this topic

Tomkins is playing the modern full back role, most full backs these days chime in the attacking line and often look like a third half back.

Tomkins is playing the modern full back role, most full backs these days chime in the attacking line and often look like a third half back.

Yes, I am aware of that, but thanks for the egg sucking lesson nonetheless.

I am advocating Tomkins at half because neither of the incumbent pair are doing the job properly.

Please don't bore me with tales of Sinfield's leadership skills, as we are weeks past that one being logical.

Someone needs to take the ball to the line. Sinfield is playing so far away from it he probably can't even see it. Opposition teams know that our SH is not going to break the line, so they have one less thing to worry about.

They also know he is not going to run to the line, and pass people through it. In fact they know that all he is going to do is one masterful kick on the third tackle.

It would be interesting to see the current stats for all halves in the competition to give a better indication of how they are all performing/performed.

Simmo I'm not going to discuss the merits of our number 7 on here because it's pointless. You are coming across a tad obsessed though.

Simmo I'm not going to discuss the merits of our number 7 on here because it's pointless. You are coming across a tad obsessed though.

Absolutely priceless!

The only person banging on about England's number 7 is you.

Which I have every right to do.

Thanks.

Which I have every right to do.

Thanks.

Of course you do, remember it works both ways though, I get nothing but childish insults if I dare to mention the current England number 7

Of course you do, remember it works both ways though, I get nothing but childish insults if I dare to mention the current England number 7

That might be because your views about his level of greatness are seen as somewhat irrational.

Sinfield had his most anonymous game to date.

Chase wanted to niggle, but that was about it.

We also went with 3 props. NZ will come at us with 5. That also is a worry for me. Plus big Frank Pritchard will be running at the channel Sinfield defends in all day.

James Graham was the best player by a mile, but we can't play him for an hour and then give Goerge Burgess limited game time. Graham and Hill have good engines, but last night the impact of the bench was nullified. In addition, absolutely no point in going with 2 second rowers on the bench.

Therefore, for me, last night was worrying :

Halves did nothing

Bench did nothing apart from Roby

Played 1 hooker just as a defensive player for 25 mins

Played 3 props and 4 second rowers

France effectively played with 15 men for 65 minutes, so their rotations were limited

That might be because your views about his level of greatness are seen as somewhat irrational.

But they aren't if you actually read my thoughts properly you will see that I don't think he is a RL god I just think he brings a lot if qualities to a RL team and I think he's the right man for the job in this WC, no hyperbole no worshipping, just an opinion.

I have never gone over the top, it's a total RL myth.

From the 6 and 7 I would hope they looked to control the game and make the defence wonder what options was coming with structured play. Sometimes running and taking the line on, various pass options and kick options. From the England games so far I cant say either Sinfield or Chase have done much of that and looked dangerous. Sinfield is a very good SL player who organizes. But is not the fastest player in the world nor has he the best passing game. He does have a good rugby brain and kicking game. But sadly when playing against NZ and Australia he is not the threat needed at 7. Rangi Chase is a confidence player who can only really play off the cuff. That might work in SL but at the highest level he brings nothing but confusion to his team. He easily loses his cool as once again shown against the French when he makes alot of errors and runs around like a headless chicken. But the current 2 have not exactly set the world on fire both in the WC or before for England. But would you change them now for the Semi? 

But whilst Widdop is none of them he has played with and against them on many occasssions and he does take the line on and is used to a structured system. He has also got MoM for The Storm when the big 3 have been on SoO duty. He is no mug. For me he has never been given much of a fair go under Mcnamara and I know he is very frustrated by this and fedup. If Sinfield and Chase had been very good for England then probably Widdop would be a bit more understanding wi te situation. But neither Sinfield or Chase have shone so far and neither have shown they deserve to be at 6 and 7 no matter what. I dont think Widdop will play and it will be very difficult to shine when not given the right time and preperation. England should stick with Sinfield and Chase for the WC but look to use Widdop and give others more chance than so far in future. Chase for me would never be near ENgland again as he had enough chances and done nothing really. 

Chase has made more errors this tournament that he has had clean breaks and try assists put together.

I rest my case.

Half backs who've been better than ours?

Off the top of my head: Cherry Evans, Paulo, Cronk, Thurston, Johnson, Brough and quite a few more including Widdop who for 20minutes against Australia managed to get the ball out wide more often than Chase and Sinfield have done in the 5hours they've played.

Add Foran to that list plus the Samoan 7, and Wallace (though he did have a less influential 1/4 final game)

What does Rangi Chase offer the current England team?

After watching him yesterday I am really struggling to understand why he is in the team, he was woeful, again!

Everything he does is completely random, so much so it is apparent the rest of the team have no idea what is going on when he has the ball. Outside of that he is a huge liability discipline wise and one we cannot afford to take into a World Cup semi final.

Please Mr McNamara start Widdop if he is 100% fit and not Chase, it smacks of a huge coaching rick just waiting to happen at the wrong point of the World Cup.

Chase offers nothing to this team and cannot play to any structure, just leave him out of the 17 please!!!!!

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France

If you could tell us what they created that was right, then that could make your comment a little more understandable.

The only person banging on about England's number 7 is you.

I find that comment insulting Chris and would hereby like to make known my support publicly, to Simmo's banging on, right? :shout:

I find that comment insulting Chris and would hereby like to make known my support publicly, to Simmo's banging on, right? :shout:

There are lots of fans "banging on" about it but not all of them post on here. At the end of the day McNamara has made his mind up and he will not budge especially not at this late stage in the competition, so we all have to make the best of it and start praying.

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated.

This might be your opinion, of course, but that does not make it knowledge.  Equally, thinking something doesn't make it right either.   Why do you think McNamara got the job?  Does he have a worse record than any other GB or England coach over the last 20 years or so?

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated.

This might be your opinion, of course, but that does not make it knowledge.  Equally, thinking something doesn't make it right either.   Why do you think McNamara got the job?  Does he have a worse record than any other GB or England coach over the last 20 years or so?

Go on then John, tell us why you think he got the job then if you can tell us how successful England are currently looking to be, following three years of his tutelage.

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France

England's number 6 made 5 errors yesterday.

Go on then John, tell us why you think he got the job then if you can tell us how successful England are currently looking to be, following three years of his tutelage.

Not for me to say, but then, I don't have an irrational dislike of McNamara. Nor do I spend all my waking hours looking for excuses to criticise him.

I asked Eltullah  why he thought McNamara got the job. Maybe you know the answer to the question about the tremendous success achieved by previous coaches...or maybe not.