Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

2014 squad.

78 posts in this topic

1.Carter

2.Miller

3.Mossop

4.Morris

5.Haney

6.Lupton

7.C Phillips

8.Coward

9.Mattinson

10.Shackley

11.B Phillips

12.Stack

13.Olstrom

14.Connor

15.Rooney

16.Forber

17.Mcavoy

18.Duerden

19.Lucock

20.Rowlandson

21.Mcgoff

22.Gaskell

Im pretty sure kieran mcavoy will be signed on as well, and what about the young winger who played in our last 2 games.

Neither of them look first teamers on what we've seen . We certainly need to be identifying some high end quality to go with the numbers and promising amateurs .

We need some experience!

yep, even if its good championship level experience.

That is interesting .Clubs are recruiting - and in key areas like halfback . Leatherbarrow to Batley , Hemingway and Thackeray to Dews , Nicklas to Donny , Handforth good signing for Keighley , Moore to Fev etc. Clubs striving for quality n experience in key areas , guys who get you round the paddock and make the difference when teams are similarly matched . And they're in for a full preseason to work with . That's important . I like the way Donny are building . Emphasis on quality and identifying positions is better than big numbers with DR around . To much of our game was on Luptons shoulders last year , so a half to share that burden would be good , as Callum's more of an individual weapon . And if it's gonna come down to Widnes you'd hope it was a long loan to gel in .

I thought you had all looked round the forums and most teams were yet to sign players ? I think you will find most teams are just about complete !!!! Same old year on year - any bets we run out of numbers towards the end of the season like the previous 3 ???

HAVEN10 did,ent your team at the rec have to get some amatuers to make up the team at the end of last year,and when you keep saying our team you mean the jam eaters.

Good to hear Charlo in the star talking about what we are saying , that we need a few good players in key areas . The hard bit is getting them I guess , but no doubt the work is going on . Sooner the better really to have your squad gelling in . You'd want the vast majority done by the years turn and you've got the friendlies and 7 weeks or so to work .

Good to hear Charlo in the star talking about what we are saying , that we need a few good players in key areas . The hard bit is getting them I guess , but no doubt the work is going on . Sooner the better really to have your squad gelling in . You'd want the vast majority done by the years turn and you've got the friendlies and 7 weeks or so to work .

But you also meed the right players, not just signing to make up numbers. I would prefer them to take there time and get the best and right people.

From the Xtreme Fitness page on Facebook it looks like Elliott, Matty and Duerden were the fittest in the exercises at the weekend but who is "Ruari" that was best on one of the exercises??

From the Xtreme Fitness page on Facebook it looks like Elliott, Matty and Duerden were the fittest in the exercises at the weekend but who is "Ruari" that was best on one of the exercises??

Isnt that McGoffs first name?

yeah it sounds like mcgoff. Dont think he has resigned for barrow, not sure if hes good enough or explosive enough for the championship. And surely mcgoff wouldnt be the fittest would he?

I am wondering why we are starting training a week thursday seems a bit late to me,and our coach says give them a weeks rest??????

North Wales Crusaders are putting together a tidy looking squad. They have just signed Mark Offerdahl the USA prop.

Well we need IMO - a full back - winger - centre - 2 props - 1 back row ....

Few to find especially at this time of the year

Well we need IMO - a full back - winger - centre - 2 props - 1 back row ....

Few to find especially at this time of the year

Well if that's what Haven need, it's what they need. But why would we be worried about that?