Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/11/13 - World Cup Semi Final 2: Australia v Fiji (Wembley)

Who will win?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 25 points or more
    • Australia by 19 to 24 points
    • Australia by 13 to 18 points
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 13 to 18 points
    • Fiji by 19 to 24 points
    • Fiji by 25 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Discuss World Cup Semi Final 2: Australia v Fiji (Wembley) here.

Interesting, that in the pouring rain, Fiji played a very conservative game against Australia at St Helens. This Fiji backline has some serious pace and power. They need to throw it around and really unsettle the Aussies.

Although Australia will probably win quite comfortably, unfortunately for whoever they meet in the final Fiji are good enough to give them the good, hard workout they need to get going properly :(

Are you going?

Most certainly am!  Got a coach seat booked too and the coach is actually still going!

I have very fond memories of my 2011 trip to the double header at Wemberley and I'm hoping it will be one step better this time with wins for England and Fiji.

What a terrific final that would be! Ha!

What a terrific final that would be! Ha!

Good stuff but I think pigs may fly over the Wembley arch before those teams line up against each other at Old Trafford! :)

Good stuff but I think pigs may fly over the Wembley arch before those teams line up against each other at Old Trafford! :)

Well, London is a diverse city and so I'm sure it will welcome flying pigs with its usual aplomb!

Fiji deserve this final spot.

Of the minnows they have been the most consistent and they have a surprise factor with their speed outwide.

I don't think they are the best preparation team for aus , they have played before so not a lot new to learn there.

Fiji on the other hand will pray for a fair deal from the Ref this time.

Let me give the Ref some advice

a knock on is a knock on

Australian players can lose balls in the contact wihout an opposition hand near them

Australian players commit errors

Australian players lie all over the tackle until the Ref does something about it

Australian players test the offside rule like no other team

Fiji deserve this final spot.

Of the minnows they have been the most consistent and they have a surprise factor with their speed outwide.

I don't think they are the best preparation team for aus , they have played before so not a lot new to learn there.

Fiji on the other hand will pray for a fair deal from the Ref this time.

Let me give the Ref some advice

a knock on is a knock on

Australian players can lose balls in the contact wihout an opposition hand near them

Australian players commit errors

Australian players lie all over the tackle until the Ref does something about it

Australian players test the offside rule like no other team

Are you Vossy in disguise? :onthequiet:

Australia should be banned from the game they are professional cheats.

They certainly do it to a very high standard.

Are you Vossy in disguise? :onthequiet:

The Kangaroos are assumed incapable of ordinary play since they have a record of being an extraordinary team.

This game is one for Agent Thierry Alibert - surely!   B) He will not be daunted by the Aussies. 

Very interesting this one if you have an opinion on whether referees do alter the way they control games due to context. Silverwood has been named as the referee for the second SF on Saturday between Australia and Fiji.

Scenario 1:

England beat New Zealand in the first SF and Silverwood knows he cannot control the final whatever the outcome

Scenario 2:

New Zealand win the first SF and all the Aussie and Kiwi refs are ruled out of the final. Siverwood is in pole position to get the RLWC Final at Old Trafford if he puts in a satisfactory display in the Aus-Fiji SF.

He will obviously know which scenario has played out before the kick off. Do you think this has any impact on how he referees the game at Wembley? I'm sure people will have plenty of opinions on this.

It will have no bearing on his performance.

He should get the final regardless of who is in it, in my opinion.

it might also mean that Alibert is being lined up for the Final.

lets hope so

Won't Australia not refuse to play in a final unless Tony Archer is ref?

What has been good about the World Cup is that we haven't had this ref rubbish yet.

Think Silverwood has done well. Perenara is the only one who I think has been poor. He was very weak in Perpignan and has been very picky in other matches, seemingly wanting a million mile an hour PTBs, which actually ruins the match for me.

Seeing i was brought up on Wayne Bennett and belief and shown how to believe and never lose faith, plus the fact Rick Stone is a Bennett boy, i am trusting my instincts in what i have learned and our boys above.

(rugby league Gods)

I am going for Fiji by 14.